Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6050&start_row=11

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 4/9/2015 2:15:35 AM

I don’t know about the legal form of marriage but like the idea of having a witness to the bond of man & woman and their intention to serve Jah with each other. I agree though, am not down with polygamy, personally speaking. I think Man and Woman need to have a bond of equality to Inite one another and there is something sacred in that bond in Initing a family.

Jah Love

One who can always let go, but never give up
Share everything I have and not take it as burden
Stop I in I tracks with a word
And find a way to I like water to water, have I back when I heart is open
Know I vibration and align I to Jah
A longing for so strong I wait for lifetimes
Pulling I through the dips and dimness
The light that shines deepest into I soul
I would, with pride, stand before Jah with the I.

The true art of Love
By Marcus Garvey

> Never fall in love to the point of losing control of yourself. If you do, you will become somebody else´s slave and that experience will surely... cause you to lose your best character.

> Never love a person more for his or her physical appearance or personality. First investigate the character, disposition, temperament, behaviour and thought of the person and when you find in that person, along with good physical appearance... all the qualities or as many of them as possible that would tend to satisfy you and make you happy through a lifetime, then love that person.

> When you love one for the qualities you think that person possesses and those qualities are not fully developed, help that person to develop them

It is better to wait to find the person with the majority of the qualities you like, than to rush into loving for a minimum of those qualities. as soon as you get over your passion, you will still be searching for those other qualities... you will seek them elsewhere and break up your happiness.

> Don´t put your absolute Divine trust in human love; because man is bad and is susceptible to change.

> Never love anybody for companionship, unless that person has the majority of qualities that you like and appreciate.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/9/2015 5:15:47 AM

In Afrika,the man had to pay the bride price to the wombman's family so that he would be recognized as an inlaw in the wombman's family.If the man live with the wombman and nuh pay bride price,and the wombman pass flesh,it would be disastrous to the man and him family ca the family of the deceased would not bury she until the brideprice is paid

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/9/2015 9:02:33 AM

I tink if all parties consent, it's perfectly irie

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/9/2015 11:36:03 AM

Ises and love

For Iwombman personally it is preferable to keep private life private from the institution of government, including family, children born, and so on. I also do not like to seek medical attention from western doctors, and I would only do so as an extreme resort, so I don't feel the legality of the marriage is pressing in that sense. I also do not fall for the trick of getting tax breaks for having a marriage certificate, because selling my personal information to babylon for tax breaks leads to a dangerous road, such as tax breaks for children.

However, not all people feel so necessary to separate from the system in the west. Recently I post in the Natural Hailing WiseItes thread about a sistren who has a recent dieagnosis for hodgins lymphoma. She is a young girl who has been dating my youngest brother for about 4 years, and their wedding was set for June this year, they are both finally 21 years old this year and have waited all this time in a nonsexual relationship, just going to church together and spending time with each others families and so on. Now she is ill and will begin chemotherapy this month. The two of them have decided to get married sooner, this month on the 17th, so that they can enter her medical treatment legally married, and he can be responsible for her in the hospital if she is not able to make choices.
The whole thing makes Iwombman think a lot about marriage, and what is the right way. These young people put in the Iffort and waited for over 20 years to what they think is the right thing. But is it right? Naturally without the institutions of church and mortgage and property taxes, the two of them would have entered a marriage long ago and probably had children already. I know that pregnancy also cures autoimmune illnesses in wombman and I think that it may benefit someone hereditarily prone to h.lymphoma to have a baby to heighten their immune system. My mother was also healed from a cancer scare when she got pregnant with my youngest brother, the same young man.
But now that the young girl is sick, and she decided she wants the doctor route, it seems logical that the two of them would need a marriage license so that he can be with her there in the hospital.

Many of these scenarios are stemming from babylon mindsets and practices, but many of them are also common to what I&I Ixperience even in Ital Livity. I know that many RasTa do go to doctors unlike Iwombman, and I can see why this legality sense would be important to them. What do the rIghteous Queens and Kings have to say about marriage licenses with those things in mind?

For Iwombman still, the whole babylonian mess is not something I want to be a part of. Neither marriage license, nor abstinence from sex before marriage license, nor illness, nor chemotherapy. So to I it seems that if the I is going to take part in bad nutrition and also rely on western medicine for healing, then the I should also have a marriage license; or else fyah burn all of it and deal with the results.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/9/2015 11:39:46 AM

Sistren I love the poem the I shared. Is that something the I wrote?

And the words of Garvey on Love remind I about a quote from Kurt Vonnegut in the novel God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater; I lent the book to a friend so I will paraphrase:
If you are going to love everyone, everywhere, for no reason, then those of us who love people for a particular reason had better find another word.

If love is rational, if it is based on some set of qualities that Garvey is mentioning, then is "love" really the best word? Love is the Iniversal Oneness, Love IS supposed to be for everyone everywhere. Yet I agree that I&I must choose partners in this trod based on very careful observations, and methodical thinking about if the person fits what the I aim for in a mate, and also if the I can offer everything that the mate needs. I say, if the person does not fit the qualifications for a partner, then still love the person, but let them go their own way to find the right partner for each person. It can be hard though, to know when to draw the line between loving a person and marrying them.

JAH guidance Itinually.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/9/2015 8:27:07 PM

I know of several instances weh people hv been together for long long time not paperly married but in seemingly good relationships and once they go tru the paper work marriage to socall make it official everyting falls apart.

I say marriage is between those marrying eachother and certificates wont ensure a good marriage so it not needed unless one is into certain levels of the system if one can opperate without the system then I say stay out as much as possible

Bless

Messenger: Aklila Kedan Sent: 4/14/2015 5:01:46 AM

I agree sister that the bond should be sacred between man and woman and equal. I believe marriage is orginally and divinely the sexual intercourse between man and woman. I believe by making the divine vows between Jah yourself and yourkingman is marriage. It is the livity. I agree also with the ceremony of marriage, which is weddings. Weddings is a celebration for the family friends or village. It is also a declaration. Some may not want a big celebration but they may want a declaration of their love. So They will have one third party and may also have a ring as a symbol of their devotion.

Jah Love,

Messenger: LiberatedSoul23 Sent: 5/2/2015 11:05:40 PM

So how would having a wedding be without an officiant? Just a regular ceremony or would it be similar a get together with close family and friends?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/3/2015 11:09:45 AM

Exactly. No officiant needed. All a wedding is is a celebration and declaration of union between two sets of families. What does an officiant have to do with I family and I empresses family? +Its up to we when and IF and how we decide to make this declaration. Big white dress, big ring, best man, church bells etc etc are nothing more than western tradition.

Also, other than purposes of business, tax evasion or visa. I see no point in registering anything / the paper work and legal side. Man and wombman together = marriage; babylon permission not required!

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/3/2015 11:09:53 AM

let me ask you another question, please. how do you keep it when it comes to baptism? do you ignore it or would you even suggest to go to a church just for the act of baptism or do you get it done by asking some special elders?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I