Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=605&start_row=11

Temptation

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/14/2005 2:45:36 AM

Greetings Ark I

I have two different takes on this.

One is, I wonder if there really is any thing wrong with looking at a very beautiful woman and thinking about how beautiful she is? I have never cheated on my wife, physically, but mentally, of course...what man hasn't? But if the physical manifestation does not take place, what harm done?

The other thought is this: I can appreciate the Buddhist take on this problem. I have read the Dalai Lama say that when he is dreaming, and a naked woman comes into his dream, he reminds himself that he is a monk and then moves on. To be that in tune with his mind that he can consciously remind himself during dream-state is pretty deep, imo. Also, there isn't any guilt association with the Buddhist concept of desire and suffering...it is just some thing that should be worked on through out one's life in order to ease suffering.

These thoughts came to my mind as I read this thread.

JAH LOVE
Jeff

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/15/2005 10:47:51 PM

It is about trodding towards Jah RasTafarI, so our mindset must be like RasTafarI.

RasTafarI isn't just about physical action, it is also about mental action and spiritual action. When all is One with Jah, then I and I are One.

Jah can never be tempted.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/16/2005 9:54:30 AM

arkI

"RasTafarI isn't just about physical action, it is also about mental action and spiritual action. When all is One with Jah, then I and I are One."

who is Ras Tafari ? INI....yes, but INI know there was a man named Rastafari, he did not just come in the wind , he came as a man.Even from a frog to a cricket.And if i say rastafari, Haile Selassie,I mean everthing and in every place, is JAH.So one from the other will not help the people,we have to have it all together like bob say,"some people think a god going to come from the shy,take a way your pain and make every one feel HIGH, but if you know what life is worth then you will look for your on the earth,...and now you see the light,..you better stand you for your rites.But true befor bob could say all these thing, he had to get his head RIGHT.........

these people want to fighting with you or me,with there hands weapon and words, its true that, there way only work if you fall in to your temptation.I had a guys call me a Nigger the other day,he want to see if i was some L.A gangster,or some rasta who did not know the truth, if i had taken one part that i have and not used the other...bad things could have happen, but INI know JAH see everthing. We do not come to bend to the was of man,JAH has in us what we need, if we work RIGHT we are one, not useing and one weapon more then the other, just one in the the battle, GOOD over EVIL....in this time

onelove

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/14/2014 8:37:25 PM

Give thanks for this Blessed reasoning Ark I.

To praise Selassie I is the best way to overcome wickedness and temptation,the I right Idren.And it also very true what the I said thatwe cannot sin right after we praise JAH.Like written in the shepherd of Hermes,that satan comes to tempt those whose cups are not full,but half full or less.And by praising the Most High InI keep InI cups full so there's no room for sin.So I see it as the best way to overcome wickedness,coz the more InI praise JAH or reason with HIM the closer InI get to HIM,and the closer InI are to JAH the furthe sin and temptation is from InI.

Ises I
Selassie I
JAH RastafarI

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/16/2014 3:13:43 PM

Blessed truth Idren Nate, give thanks Iyah.
Isis Itinually.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I