Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=605&start_row=1

Temptation

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/12/2005 1:55:49 AM

I was chanting to RasTafarI a few days ago and I asked Jah how I and I can keep away from temptation. I have reasoned in the past that if I and I only resist the physical manifestation of wickedness then the temptation will never be defeated. As long as the thought is there, it is possible for it to manifest into physical actions. So I and I must resist the thought of temptation, because if I and I don't allow the thought to arise, then I and I can no longer be tempted by it because it is blazed and defeated. But until the day comes where we blot out the transgression, it can sometimes be hard to resist the undesireable thoughts. Because as we try to resist, the thought keeps on trying to slip in from behind. So I asked Jah what to do when it is hard to resist.

But before I reason about the answer I received. I will show some reasonings about resisting temptation, because I feel that it is an important part of the battle.

To build up Righteousness, I and I need to resist and cast away wickedness. I and I should resist wicked thoughts as they come so they can't become action. It can be hard to do this because we have been giving in to temptation for generations. So in the beginning, the I might find yourself with more wicked thoughts and actions then you should. But as times goes on, and I and I Itinue to resist temptation, temptation will flee away and there will be much more Righteousness.

To resist temptation, I and I need to resist and stop the thought as it starts to rise. The sooner I and I resist, the closer I and I come to casting away temptation entirely. This is a process over time. Fasting builds up discipline in our mind, and cleans I and I vessel. This discipline to resist hunger, builds up I and I mental discipline in general. I and I can learn to resist hunger when necessary, resist sleep when necessary, and resist other things also.

In time, the I will gain more control over your own self, and be able to resist temptation in many situations, and eventually, if the I Faith is strong enough, the I will resist temptation in all situations.

Here is another reasoning about it:

Example

So when I was chanting to Jah, another way I saw to keep away from tempation is to Praise Jah RasTafarI. If an undesirable thought arises and we are not able to resist the thought, then I and I can first Blaze Fire on our wickedness to sever it and Praise RasTafarI to take our mind and Spirit away from that and into Jah RasTafarI Praise. Let Jah Praise fill our thought and Spirit so that there is no room for wickedness. Also, by Praising RasTafarI I and I will receive help and strength from Jah to take our Spirit away from iniquity. And when I say Praise, I don't just mean to say Jah RasTafarI and done. I am saying to chant praises for whatever amount of time necessary. Chant in your mind or out loud if appropriate. Remember, the Pharisees love people to see them praise, but I and I are Praising Jah for Jah, not for other people.

It is harder to go back into the wicked thought after Praising Jah, because it won't feel right to transgress into wickedness immediately after you Praise Jah. And the Strength that Jah provides will make I and I stronger in resistance.

And what is even better is to spend your days and nights Praising RasTafarI. Even while you work you can Praise RasTafarI. If our minds are filled with Jah Praise all the time, wickedness will have no place. The more I and I Praise RasTafarI, the less time I and I will give I and I mind to go unto temptation.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/12/2005 8:45:11 AM

Yes Ark I I can say this is a great way to burn thoughts of wickedness out of our minds.

Much Respect and Love

Bergy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/12/2005 2:02:59 AM

Jah can never be tempted of Sin. If we can't defeat temptation in the land of temptations, then it is never defeated.

If I and I faith and trust in Jah is strong enough to defeat temptation when the temptation is not around, then it must also be defeated when it is around. Otherwise, the temptation was never defeated in the first place, there was only an illusion of defeat.

Limit yourself and you will be limited. Trust in Jah RasTafarI, who can't be limited, and you also will not be limited in your rise towards Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/12/2005 9:58:21 AM

onelove

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 4/12/2005 1:19:20 PM

Ark I,
You were talking about resisting the physical manifestation of wickedness. I wonder what kinds of temptation you were talking about?
I think we have certain thoughts from time to time because we are human. This isn't to say that we shouldn't resist them, I'm only saying that temptation reminds us of our own mortality.
If you have found ways to banish and resist these thoughts completely through praise, I am happy for you.
I have problems with resisting the thoughts of temptation, because sometimes they keep building up in my mind the more I try to deny them. For instance it's hard for me to not feel sexual urges when I see attractive females. I know I would never actually cheat on my wife, and I know that if the situation ever arose I would be strong enough to deny them. But I still wonder why I have these thoughts. Are they sinful?
Sometime what helps me is to play out a little fantasy in my imagination, and then letting it go, strictly reminding myself that the truth lies in a life of simplicity and humbleness, full of faith, full of love, and away from the pride and ego that helps to fuel temptation. This method helps to purge the wicked thoughts from lingering for too long.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/12/2005 1:21:40 PM

seen

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 4/12/2005 3:58:08 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH RASTAFARI InI hear what you are saying Ark1, because currenetly I work in a resteraunt inorder to get through school. Its a golden krust. All day I serve and smell all this flesh around me. I have to admit there was a two week period where I was eating flesh again after a whole year of working there. I felt horrible after but not while I was eatin all this flesh. I say that to say this resistance really is a strong tool and if it wavers just a little you are bound to be defeated. InI am back on the Ital tracks and am determined and absolutley certain that there will be no slip ups again. In all my endeavors I ask Jah to guide me and strengthen me and no matter what drama he always provides a way out. Temptation is literally a hell of a thing but it will always be there no matter how we try to avoid; the I must put up a restistance! Blessed Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/12/2005 9:24:52 PM

Your restaurant story reminded I of something that happened years ago. About 8 months after I stopped eating flesh I was working in a restaurant that sold burgers, chicken fingers, fries and things like that. I never had the desire to eat any of the flesh because as I mentioned before I didn't like flesh before I even stopped, so I never had cravings for it.

All I ate their was the fries, but after a little time, I found out that the fries were cooked in beef lard. The day I found out I still ate the fries. That same day I was using the slicer, and after using it and washing the parts, my hands were all cut up with small scratches from the parts of the slicer. I used the slicer many times before that without a scratch. I took it as a sign from Jah and never ate the fries again.

This man I worked for told the people that took the orders to tell the customers that the fries are cooked in vegetable oil, if they asked. So watch out when people say they cook it in vegetable oil, some of them are liars.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Qe'ne Sent: 4/13/2005 2:07:40 PM

Man is faced with God and Evil at all Times; However it is what you put out that matters. The key is to overcome.
i hate with a passion, but I hate evil which is the fear of the most High Jah.

I am jealous but with aSpiritual Jealousy because all men should serve the Father.I lust but after righteousness.

To make a long story short, there is always a way out for the Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of Temptation
Bless.

Also James says by the Holy Spirit of Jah that we should count it all joy when we fall into various temptations knowing that the trial of our Faith worketh patience. By obedince to jah commandments Faith is perfected through Love of the most high which is in fact the strongest weapon against temptation.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/13/2005 11:56:02 PM

Yes I Qe'ne,

Faith is the key. Not a thing would be accomplished without Faith.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I