Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=601&start_row=31

The Vow of the Nazarite

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/20/2005 12:34:16 PM

Ises!

HIM did not tell the Rastaman to change his livity, he did not so in 1961, 1963-65, not in 1966... he did also not tell all the other Rases he met to change the livity, no, instead he encouraged I n I to live the livity. So how you come and tell that I n I do not follow HIM and are babylon men?
To get it even clearer, HIM NEVER told anybody to live HIS livity... if you would know HIM words you would know that he told I n I to follow the perfect example of Yeshuah... and to conduct I n I life as it is taught in the bible. This is exactly what I n I do... of course I n I follow His Majesty... but first of all his teachings, and this is what he taught about the personal livity.
Oh I am shure His Majesty is much happier about guys like Bush... because he is driving a car, flying a plain, wearing suits, cutting his hair... oh what a great livity. what a weak foolish talk.
So if you can't get discipline in your life that is not I n I problem... but do not make it seem so arrogantly if only your "livity" is the right. This is weak thing... and one day you will realise that you are living illusions... and try to tell yourself that this is the right... and in reality it is just out of weakness.
When HIM came to JA he did not give medals or presents... not NOTHING!... to the suit wearing, baldheaded, plain flying, society weakheart politicians. And you know what happened when he asked Planno about his Locks?
To mee you seem like a little boy who is angry because he is not able to live like he should... and now he blames everybody and everything but himself. Afraid of showing the identity? wekheart bizness that... nuff said...

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/20/2005 12:43:48 PM

When He asked the bredren about there locks His Majesty laughed and clapped His hands and said, "Leave them alone, for they know what they are doing."

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/20/2005 1:11:14 PM

nuff said by you.i think not because, for one you already said what i posted, him said how to live,...like christ...and even more, and him is juda come in this time,did i not post that in different word.him came down in truth,and i know he did not tell anyone to cut there dreads, did i tell you to cut your dread, know and you would not anyway in you on words, you said that you would not learn anything from someone with out dreads.Do you not go to college, do all your teacher have dreads..truth now only truth.(him has know dread when he come to ja island) but you make a point about post how the king with not one dreads come to the rasta and gave them medals.that says thatto me, him is the one in this time that hold all judgment, but that is not the case because your judgement is that i do not live like a rasta cuz i do not have dreads.befor the kings was crownd there was know rasta, there was just teaching of christ, of witch people have done what ever they wanted to do with just as most do with the name rastafari.

"To get it even clearer, HIM NEVER told anybody to live HIS livity... if you would know HIM words you would know that he told I n I to follow the perfect example of Yeshuah... and to conduct I n I life as it is taught in the bible. "

To make it clearer, i never told you to change anything, and if you want to keep walking and talk the shit like i am not tell you the truth, then fall to the lie.

"Oh I am shure His Majesty is much happier about guys like Bush... because he is driving a car, flying a plain, wearing suits, cutting his hair... oh what a great livity. what a weak foolish talk."

did i say that , know so that was to me you takeing my words and twisting them again just like most them babylion man do.

"So if you can't get discipline in your life that is not I n I problem... but do not make it seem so arrogantly if only your "livity" is the right. This is weak thing... and one day you will realise that you are living illusions... and try to tell yourself that this is the right... and in reality it is just out of weakness"

What are you talking about?

"To mee you seem like a little boy who is angry because he is not able to live like he should... wekheart bizness that... nuff said"

I take hold of every thing that i do, if its not working i find out how to make it work, if i make a mistake i look to fix it.And about my identity, is it not clear, yet i have said it time and time again, my name is emmett smith, i post under the rock, but if you was not just reaching for a good punch line you would see it dose not matter how iam, but what iam am posting. more fire.!!!!

talk, that, talk

and let jah people walk that walk.

onelove

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/20/2005 2:41:19 PM

Ightes!

Rasta Livity is not just about dreads, man... rasta deeper than that! And RastafarI doesn't only exist since 1930, but since creation. This is what many never get... the spirit... the Inciency.

I do not have no problem with Rases who do not have dreads, live Ital etc... I know some of these and know that this is what they really sight from their heart... and I do not come to judge. An I wouldn't have said a single word about your livity rock, if you wouldn't have talked that arrogant and ignorant about all who live Incient Rasta Livity. It is your personal desition how to live.... and no one can judge this... but stop trying to make your livity look better than others... especially when I n I Livity is the Livity of RastafarI Movement from eversince. More Respect!

Many come to water down I n I livity... some of them christian, some of them hippies... but I never saw one from this direction. Just respect that RastafarI livity is different from yours... you do not have to compare and make it seem infoeriour to yours... just accept that your way of following His Majesty, as you say you do, is not the only... that's all.

Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/20/2005 4:55:28 PM

there is alway more then one way, never did i say you should change or my way is better, respect that!! post it in full if you can. my work will speak for my faith, and i know rasta is from the beginging, but the people did not use the name rasta until it is known that there is a king of king.do your work as you see fit.

rasta in this time.

onelove

Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/21/2005 3:49:25 AM

greetings iyah the name of the trinity most powerfull,the vow of the nazarite,this is a vow that people must realize it come with a crown and a precept,this manner is of THE rastafarians, when ini look in the churches,iman sight nuff baldhead poeople who think they are most cause they are worshipping jezas or religioully living a life of what the pastor say and not going to find their own culture many of our idren fail from carring the essence of fari i've seen it they had it all now nothing.not every rasta took the vow some are just the ones who are giving us a bad name,but the king of the rases will cleane up that.on ini head is a uninterfeard bongoto identify am a ras, ask ini who you ppray to KING SELASSIE I with a firm heart and clear meditation with out none what so ever apology...BIGA FIRE
HAVE A BLESS MORNIG

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/21/2005 11:58:28 PM

Blessed Love Rock and Jahphet,

Throughout this reasoning I have heard Rock say that Jahphet only sees his way as right and I have heard Jahphet say that Rock only sees his way as right.

But both of the I them say that you don't see your own way as the only way. So what is the strife? What is the difference?

People should feel comfortable and justified with what they do, so if both of the I them feel comfortable and justified with what the I them do, then trod and leave behind the strife. And don't force others to live in extremes. When I say force, I am not talking about literally forcing someone to live a certain way, because we only exchange words here, so everyone can do as they choose and nobody is really forcing anybody. What I mean when I say force is that if a person puts a certain restriction or freedom on theirself, then don't proclaim that that means that they should therefore restrict this and that, or free up this and that. Let the other person say for themself what they do or don't do. Accusations just bring forth strife where it is unnecessary.

About the livity of the Nazarite. The Nazarite livity is for the Nazarites. From the times of Abraham until now, not every man trod the trod of the Nazarite, only a few in a region separated themself for this purpose, some for a time and some for their whole Life. The Nazarites have their role and there are many other roles within the Kingdom of RasTafarI, so no man should feel their role is better. If righteousness is done for Jah, then all are walking as One for RasTafarI, their should be no disagreement.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/22/2005 12:24:07 AM

I do not feel any strife. I posted what i felt was good truth and still, got more back and forth, hair and livity and this and that. i have much respect for japhet and one day i hope to reason on how to bring the engery that is so strong to life, respect children INI just want to make this work.

Just so you know this is how I conversate with everyone you know Iron sharpen Iron. I speak from my heart. With No apologies but with all the respect due to all Jah children that are putting in work.

One Love

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/22/2005 5:27:23 AM

Ightes!

As I said, I wouldn't have said only one single word or critic about an other man's livity, if the Incient RastafarI Livity were not disrespected!

And Ark I, especially you as Nyahman should know, that it is important that I n I keep up the Incient ways and not get watered down by new trends.
I n I trod this way since Iration, and won't go astray now in this Iwah!

Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/22/2005 9:58:08 AM

when, was The Vow of the Nazarite disrespected ,never( just quoted the truth that know one wants to hear infull). its all how you take it. can you post to me what was so disrespectful.i do not think you can cuz there was know disrespect down to the The Vow of the Nazarite, just to your ego.Iam not worryed about how anyone lives but the king or kings, if i did then i would be lost, looking for the answer in a vow enstead of JAH.Is not the vow for separation.After the separation, what happens?

one heart of love.

Numbers 6
1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:

3He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.

4All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.

5All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

6All the days that he separateth himself unto the LORD he shall come at no dead body.

7He shall not make himself unclean for his father, or for his mother, for his brother, or for his sister, when they die: because the consecration of his God is upon his head.

8All the days of his separation he is holy unto the LORD.

9And if any man die very suddenly by him, and he hath defiled the head of his consecration; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it.

10And on the eighth day he shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons, to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:

11And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering, and make an atonement for him, for that he sinned by the dead, and shall hallow his head that same day.

12And he shall consecrate unto the LORD the days of his separation, and shall bring a lamb of the first year for a trespass offering: but the days that were before shall be lost, because his separation was defiled.

13And this is the law of the Nazarite, when the days of his separation are fulfilled: he shall be brought unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:

14And he shall offer his offering unto the LORD, one he lamb of the first year without blemish for a burnt offering, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish for a sin offering, and one ram without blemish for peace offerings,

15And a basket of unleavened bread, cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, and wafers of unleavened bread anointed with oil, and their meat offering, and their drink offerings.

16And the priest shall bring them before the LORD, and shall offer his sin offering, and his burnt offering:

17And he shall offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD, with the basket of unleavened bread: the priest shall offer also his meat offering, and his drink offering.

18And the Nazarite shall shave the head of his separation at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall take the hair of the head of his separation, and put it in the fire which is under the sacrifice of the peace offerings.

19And the priest shall take the sodden shoulder of the ram, and one unleavened cake out of the basket, and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them upon the hands of the Nazarite, after the hair of his separation is shaven:

20And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.

21This is the law of the Nazarite who hath vowed, and of his offering unto the LORD for his separation, beside that that his hand shall get: according to the vow which he vowed, so he must do after the law of his separation.

22And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

23Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,

24The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

25The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

26The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

27And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I