Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5892&start_row=1

Marijuana and psychological/mental well being

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 11/20/2014 7:27:26 PM

Greetings in the name of HIM,

One of my professors was concerned abouty well being and decided to refer me to a counselor at my university. I'm just a little overwhelmed about school and my children. Talking to a therapist is helping, but she decided to have a psychiatrist come "examine" me.

He concludes that I'm depressed, and suggests that I stop smoking marijuana, but suggested other medicines. I do not take any type of pharmaceuticals I let my body heal itself. I told him no. They said if I didn't I would have to withdraw from school.

The purpose of my post is: does marijuana have an effect on ones psychological and mental health? I never knew of it possibly happening. They're basically trying to brainwash me into thinking marijuana is bad. I told him it is an herb not a drug

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/20/2014 7:38:53 PM

Not getting enough rest, stressing to much , and lack of good nutrition n Hannah has bad effects. Not smoking herb, it keeps people calm n sane. It mellows a phyco to jus be Irie, red eyed eat better and sleep more and better quality rest. From rest come restoration sistren. It's a busy modern world , over burdened its easy to burn out. Take care Iya, what ever Iya does don't take the pharmaceuticals if ya Ital, never let em destroy the instrument of JAH spirit.

IF they say ya got to quit herb or leave the school , you weigh what you value more. I would try to just avoid them ditch the counseling and just be a good student and live the life you love. Don't be manipulated JAH people, sovereign solidarity is to be free up.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 11/20/2014 7:44:57 PM

LOL.Medical marijuana is actually being used to TREAT depression.
Keep smoking and never trust their mediSIN.

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 11/20/2014 9:41:39 PM

I haven't been getting enough rest and I have been stressed a lot lately. I don't smoke marijuana everyday just days I need to study or have tests so I can be calm. I have a teething 4 month old and she's extra irritable.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/20/2014 11:06:53 PM

Sound like Empress needs help and assistance. No one can do it alone, and the more alone we are in some situations the harder the dtuggle to forward on track..... Family is needed then.community, JAH BLESS THESE IN OUR LIVES

I'd love to find fellow Rastafari to watch I children at times or give a hand with some work to make time to rest...ask , seek and knock,, for what you need, I know InI need our own Rastafari communitys to be established...in the livity of harmony and balance

What's Iya area location? maybe there's a sistren near , a friend in need is a friend indeed and one with weed can be even better

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/21/2014 3:59:42 AM

They said if I didn't I would have to withdraw from school

NO NO NO

THEY CAN'T DO THAT.

EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO EDUCATION

ITS YOUR RELIGION TO SMOKE WEED

EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO RELIGION

GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN,

THEY CAN'T SAY NO SCHOOL,
COZ
EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO EDUCATION

THEY CAN'T SAY, NO RASTAS IN THIS SCHOOL

THEY WRONG

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/21/2014 5:36:51 AM

I man personally dont trust babylon doctors especially pon a Rasta,this is where they can chain I n I and weaken I and I spiritually.

I remember one bredrin saying afta him a gwaan to S.A,him get ill deh pon and went to a hospital and di doctor told him dat him got little blood inna him system and advised dat he mus go and nyam liver to boost blood cells(wat a ting)

The man trusted di doctor and do as di doctor seh and him vomit to di maxmum.The man evn then shaved him locks then.

So I dnt trust babylon,dem knw Rasta spiritually strong and only try to get di Rasta down.

Listen to yo self frm within,there yu wud knw to fultinue with smoking or not.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/21/2014 7:28:19 AM

^^What about the Rastafari Doctors?

Lol, I know what u mean tho king.

Sistren, keep smoking Herbs

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 11/21/2014 8:48:56 AM

I reside in Jackson, MS there is no culture here, I've tried searching online to see if other RasTa live here, but I haven't been so lucky. I am going to stay in school. I don't have many family here other than my dad who works two jobs, his wife and her family. My significant other's family help as much as possible as well. I would love to meet more RasTas in the community, because I also want to open a RasTafarI store if it is possible

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/21/2014 6:00:21 PM

Blessed love to the whole family, Goddess!
The I said "The purpose of my post is: does marijuana have an effect on ones psychological and mental health? I never knew of it possibly happening. They're basically trying to brainwash me into thinking marijuana is bad. I told him it is an herb not a drug."
Yes I. This is exactly what they try to do. First CONvince a person that they are sick, and then that they real medI is a problem, then they offer a 30-day "free trial" of amphetamines or whatever else. The patient gets hooked on the psychiatric drug and suffers side effects, leading to more drugs.
All people go through times of stress, and all of us need a sounding board to express our feelings sometimes. That doesn't mean that there is a chemical default in the brain or that ganJAH is creating a problem! Simply that the I need more sUPport on this time, as the I Ras Jesse mentioned. I would reach out to family and friends who love unconditionally, and I would also try to incorporate at least 10 minutes of yoga into every morning!
RAs Nate is completely right! Iylah.
Keep trodding Upfull Sistren. Bless up the ganJAH herb.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I