Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5881&start_row=1

Allah

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/13/2014 7:18:21 AM

was Allah the original Hebrew word for God in the bible?

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 11/13/2014 8:24:59 AM

The closest to Allah for God was elah.Wich also is not necessarily the name of God but could mean any god.
There was also the word Allah in the Bible but it's meaning is oak not the name of God.

Ises

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/13/2014 9:16:34 AM

Blessed love Kings VDR and Nate. Misgana for the reasoning.
There seems to be a similarity in the sound of the words. Iwombman do not know the etymology of the word Allah, in relation to the Arabic meaning today, but I know that the first use of a Hebrew word for (what English translators use for) "God" in the bible is a word people usually say Elohim. It is an Aleph-Lamud-Hey-Yod-Mem. Aelhym, Elhym, Elohym, Elahym, Aelahym, Alahym - all seem like viable pronunciations. As I&I know that different groups have different accents, each tribe may have had a different way of pronouncing that word. Pictographically the Aleph is an Ox head, Lamud is a Shepherd's staff, Hey is a Man hailing the skies with his arms, Yod is a Working hand of a man, Mem is waters. Each of these pictures have deeper meanings; for example, an ox leads the plow, therefore an ox head Aleph notes a leadership quality. In early Hebrew words, the two outside letters usually give reference to the physical qualities of the thing, while the inside letter or letters give reference to the non-physical qualities, the emotions, etc.
Other early words (all of which are translated as "God" in the bible) are Ael, Ael Aelyn, Yh, and Yhvh (transcribed from non-vowel Hebrew).
I hope this answers the question as to whether Allah is the originally Hebrew word for god used in the bible - seems not exactly, but similar.
Most High guidance and love Idren!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/13/2014 10:14:00 AM

Bless'It!!! Give Thank Sistren for d breakdown, dis was brought to I attention as regarding d Aleph which d I is correct. In d ancient scrolls there were no vowel points, these were added later in around 500-700CE by Masoretes long after Hebrew had died out. This was part of the language resurrection so if there was no vowel markers to indicate an "Eh" sound and d Aleph represent an "Ah" sound

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/13/2014 6:17:23 PM

Yes I!
Iwombman see similarities between Mdu Ntr in KMT and the early Hebrew pictographs. For example, the Mem in Hebrew is an horizontal zigzag line, showing water; the same exact sign in KMT sounds like "n" instead of "m". Not a huge difference. The Heh or "h" sound is shown identically in both languages, as a man hailing the sky with his arms raised; and both languages show the "y" sound as a human arm and hand, a hand at work.
Also, I have heard Elohym translated as "they who come from the skies", not "god" necessarily. In KMT, Nut is a female Neter representing the sky and its birthing of life. N is shown in her name as a pot, not as the waters, because in Mtu Ntr there are characters that make the same sound. However, the pot in Nut's name is thought to be a pot of water representing uterus of the universe, therefore, also showing water. The sound of N in Mtu Ntr relating to the sky, the waters of the sky, or the life-giving forces of the sky, I can see how the Hebrew Mem, in Aelhym, also represents the sky (and waters and skies are not so different anyway). This makes more sense to Iwombman why Hebrew scholars would translate Aelhym as a word relating to life/guidance coming from the skies, as it seems to in its first biblical use in Genesis 1:1.
Iwombman personally take this information as yet another clue that Hebrews were originally African people in KMT who split off (though I don't see any historical evidence of the Hebrews actually being slaves to the African Egyptians). Seems to I that the books of Moses are written by ancient Egyptians who were trying to form a new society. Take some scriptures here and there, twist some mythological stories around, use most of the same spiritual laws... That is Iwombman personal view, admittedly, but it would explain a lot.
Bless up the studies. Iducation in Haile Selasie I name!
One love I&I&I.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/13/2014 9:50:07 PM

Yes Sistren, tru me readin dis book by an African aurthor from Ghana tryna make connection dem same connection with d Hebrews and Africans he sight that the Hebrew word for Hebrews "Ivrim" as comin from Akan language and is an indicator of them Egyptians dat broke away from the larger group as dey did, cuz "Avrim" in Akan language is what ones are called when they break away from a larger group to form a new group!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/13/2014 11:19:27 PM

Allah comes from Allat.

The original GodDESS!

Allah does not mean God in arabic. Ilah means God. AL+ILAH = THE god

Remember early Islam STARTED from Monophysite CHRISTIANS in Syria.

Jah Child - interesting what you say about the book of Moses, given that so many 'OG' bible scriptures/scrolls were found inside Egypt. But did you literally mean ANCIENT Egyptians? Or the invading none-Egyptian Egyptians?

How old you think those stories were written?

Give thanks

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/14/2014 12:12:14 AM

True dat Iyah, but what I was sighting is dat it was only d vowel points added muchuch later wha make it have "Eh" sound in Elohim, El, Ela, Eloah... Before masoretics texts dey ain had no vowel points so dey woulda/coulda been Alohim, Al, Ala, Aloah but anyway I jus saw someone show me say dat was d original now I kno why some a dem Hebrew Israelites don't use all dem other vowels mainly jus d "Ah".
That's their thing tho!

I've read. Some verses weh dey use African languages for certain parts of d verse weh African have an identical or almost identical words and d verse makes much more sense and CONfusion is cleared up and originality is brought back to it with d African language!

I burn Greek out a Kemet d youth a seek out!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2014 4:49:20 AM

Seen, Fyah. I wouldn't check it too deeply as they are both Semitic languages (as de I dem done know) / in the same language group. So because of that alone, there will be many similarities.

Proto-Semetic literally = Mdu Ntr in it's later stages
Caananite = Old / Ancient Hebrew
Site the common line between Hebrew and Arabic (Arabian)
Site the Ethiopian having it's own lineage direct from the Mdu Ntr by way of West Semitic which must mean Coptic (Still Egypt)
Site the MDU NTR as the mother tongue of all a dem

But check dis

The 'OG Hebrew' as according to dem Bible would be Abraham right? Or whatever variation of that name dem want to give him, a him! Right? So, the 'OG Hebrew' word for God would be that whichever Abraham used to describe / name this deity. And being that we know his religious awakening did not begin until after he had entered and learned the ways of Kemet ........ =)

Ausar >

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2014 5:03:46 AM

Thought I would share. Say what you want, Bro.Polight is on point.

Peace

FULL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3tMtJYL1uA

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I