Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5846&start_row=21

tattoos piercings etc

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/5/2014 9:35:57 AM

For some Idem de nazerite vow may
be dem reason avoiding shavin n
piercing but fo I man ital livity is why I
avoid tatoo, shavin n piercing. I not a
nazerite but an ancient Black heart
man so I man embrace natural. Ital
livity is more than de vegan diet, it
includes de way I n I take care of I n I
bodies. I just try by all means to keep I
body in its natural state so no cut in I
body (hair included), no paint, ink,
dye or chemical in I body. Dats why
even de locks of I hair come natural
by itself.

Yes I,FIRE DAT

I and I the Mother and Father of the Afrikan Race,I and I ancient livity di first and di godly way of life.All Ancient Afrikan religion and tradition rituals were all trying to reach di Ites of I and I Rastafari.

FYAH CANT COOL
ANCIENT LIVITY IS A MUST

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/7/2014 2:58:47 PM

Bless-sings I&I,
Iwombman was reasoning inwardly on the tattoo topic also. Iwombman have several tattoos already, and I can't claim they are "natural" ink. I was reasoning to Iself the other day that I would not opt for more tattoos, simply because of the possible chemical effects of that foreign substance in I skin. I have unfinished tattoos on the feet, and I planned to finish when I had the money. But now I think I will just leave them. I figure, I put Iself at risk enough with the tattoos I already have. Iyah was not aware that there were natural inks to use in tattoo. RA's Nate, where do people use a natural ink to tattoo? Still, even if natural, the effects may be undesirable when that material comes into the body. Iwombman would not try it, even the natural one.
I have tattoos from years ago, before Iyah trod Ital. I was on a journey, though, and I was discovering Iself, and tattooing things on Iself that I felt were relevant and meaningfull. Each tattoo is a symbol of a step in that journey, and each one is a reminder of an important lesson. Iyah give thanks for those daily reminders. I even have a tattoo that says, "the past is prologue," which was actually the first tattoo I did. Now, reflecting on that idea (a prologue being like the pre-chapter or background to a story) I realize that the past is always going to affect I, but the past can also be laid in that "closed chapter" in a way, and I can live the story of I life in today without bringing those same past actions.
Tattooing Iself also taught I just how much strength and pain management Iyah can withstand, as wombman. Sitting for hours at a time with a needle drilling into I, and just Iditate and bring the mind to a different place, it really is amazing how much I can withstand. This gives I even more Infidence that Iyah am prepared to face childbirth one day, because I already know through these Ixperience that Iwombman am a mighty lioness. Although, not everyone needs to tattoo to prove to Oneself that One is mighty. I just reflect on these things and give Ises for the Ixperience.
More and more natural and pure livity for I, these days. Tattoo days are in the prologue haha.
One Perfect Love.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 10/7/2014 6:45:19 PM

Seen Sistren.

Iman Iself have never heard of a tattoo shop that uses natural ink.
However,natural pigment can be used when making homemade ink.For example carbon black from burned wood or organic pigment from vegetables.
So it is best to choose natural or most natural ink available if one has made up his mind to get one.

Iman sight the only bad thing about tattoos are chemicals in ink,and if someone chooses to tattoo wickedness on his body but that's something else.
I don't see the marking something on ones body itself as anything wicked.That's I point.

Give Thanks And Praise
JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/8/2014 12:40:49 PM

Blessed King,
Iwombman Igree with the I; Iwombman had assumed that the only things Ones would tattoo would be upfull or meaningfull. I suppose it's true that some people tattoo vulgar things tho =/
By the way, in reference to Iyah Anon question, Iwombman do not follow Nazarite vow. Nor do I follow Levite laws, nor do I follow Torah. I&I Simply observe life and reason up on Iyah best and most natural way to live it. Still, I see a value in studying these ancient texts (the actual ancient djehut, not KJV...).
King BlackHEART, Iyah sIght the I message. Iwombman would rather stay simple and natural rather than practice any/every thing that may have been centuries old practice in Ifrica. Head binding, lip stretching, circumcision, etc. It may be Ifrican practice, but Iyah still see it as unnatural.
Give thanks still for sharing the beautiful image of the Maasai wombman, Ras Garveys Africa. These wombman (and men) in Maasai tribe do even more piercings and ornamentation still. The men usually stretch their ear lobes with little weights, then ornament them with beaded cuffs. Maasai people notoriously work for wildlife preservation as well. Iwombman have met and spoken with several people in this tribe, and RASpect that culture deeply. Still Iyah would not adopt these body morphing practices.
I do still have holes in the ears from childhood, and still put earring in sometimes. But I removed all of the other piercings I had done in teen years, even the multiple holes in the ear lobes. I guess I realized that the reasons and motives for getting those piercings were not pure. Just one hole each ear now. Haha not really sure why I keep using those ones either, except that they have been there as long as I can remember. And it was a simpler and more innocent reason in the first place, I'm sure. Maybe just like the Maasai, some ornamentation is a normal part of culture, while others are extreme or used to get attention, sex appeal, etc. Give thanks for the introspection tho, maybe someday I will decide to leave the earrings too. It isn't really a natural practice in Iyah mind.
Blessed peace and love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/8/2014 2:37:21 PM

My thing is, what culture are u in inna? or Practicing?

Are you wearing tattoo and earring because your a Maasi? You follow Maasi thing? You down with the Maasi dem?

Or are you wearing a western style tattoo jewelry and earring, practicing western lifestyle, whether holistic or not.

Rasta is no Maasi.

Rasta Italist whe Black Heart talk about so gracefully.

So is de I a Rasta? a Maasi? Or de I own thing?

Jus an example to share I introspect, with all due respect.

No inna dem tattoo pierce up something deh inna I Rastafari culture. But bigup all Incient Ifrican cultures whe might adopt dem thing for themself. Iman Rasta.

Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/8/2014 2:41:45 PM

I remember during a show in Amsterdam this summer unnamed certain artist did get yant against by de elder Rasta section, something different. Burn tattoo Ras! Lol.

1a Way trod

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/10/2014 12:42:04 PM

Blessed reasoning Ras, give Ises for those thoughts.
I am not sure if those were meant as rhetorical questions or as questions specifically to Iwombman. Haha give ANKHs still for the message.
In regards to the statement of "whether holistic or not", that is a perfect example of how western culture goes, and definitely not Iyah Ras TafarI mindset. True that RasTa is Ital and Whola. Iditating on these things helps I&I to purify the Livity more and more.
Full Igreemant with the I in the value of Ital Livity and the Overstanding as RasTa of what it means to live Ital - pushing the mind to purify every aspect of the livity, even things that once went unconsidered. And I&I give Ises to the Maasai for being the I's and Ixpress their beautiful culture, even as far as goat herding (Maasai traditional main livelihood), and still let I&I Ras TafarI live Up in ITAL Livity with full RASpect for the Maasai, and other Ifrican traditions. Iwombman not in this Irth to change people, just to learn and grow Iself and to love and sUPport I&I&I as Iself.
Iwombman would never say I am "down with the MaasI dem," but I&I live UP in love and peace with the Maasai dem, yes I. Iwombman Ipprecilove the strong Irit of Invironmental Ifforts within Maasai culture especially. RasTafarI ever Iyah, Ites of Irit. I&I&I&I one with the Maasai dem still, although RasTa wear locks and the Maasai nyam flesh. One life and one love Itinually.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/10/2014 6:15:52 PM

Lol it was rhetorical but give thanks for the response. Yes I. Up we up!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/11/2014 11:45:22 AM

Bless up I, yes I.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 10/11/2014 5:23:53 PM

JAH doesn't see a man with a tattoo as worst than a man without one.
Can't dash fire on Kymani.

Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I