Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5801&start_row=11

Rasta movement, Reggae highjacked?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/25/2014 6:40:30 PM

ALL of the slack lyric out deh

man try pull up Anthony B?

:-S

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/25/2014 7:30:39 PM

Give thanks for sharing your wisdom and insight Axum.

More Fyah on the devils wise in their own conceit who commit these abominations in the sight of JAH.
I-man heard before of child sacrifice among these fools.
But again,they may be deceiving themselves and others that they are illuminated or seeing but in reality they are not therefore they are not Illuminati.

I agree that there is no doubt about Vaughn Benjamin being real becoz of the depths of his music and his solidarity.
But this doesn't mean that other artists who may seem not so deep are working for the enemy or sold out.Becoz all people different and all travel their own journey and have their own way to explain things.

Garveys Africa has a point and I can't disagree.We must not be to quick to judge these reggae artists.

At the same time we must also stay aware so we wont be fooled in this Iwa.

Blessed love

Messenger: Axum Sent: 8/26/2014 2:02:46 AM

Thank you both, Garvey`s Africa and Ras Nate, and I have to say, maybe I really was to quick to judge with Anthony B, and maybe also Abijah. I didn`t actually know much about him, but I think, when you write that 1 line can`t erase all his work, it depends on the line and the rest of the work. What`s the meaning and sense of letting everybody sing "Babylon system rising up forever, forever" as a hook. Are you kidding? These words would never come over my lips. In which sense could this be meant the contrary? Think of the opposite: He sings "Zion system rising up forever, forever" Now could you explain a meaning by which he embraces Babylon by this? No, it`s just "Zion rising forever", nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise please explain it to me, I appearently don`t overstand indeed. I could only imagine it to be a fatalistic and defeatist lamentation, at best, which would make it the weakest song out there, with the most terrible message. But maybe you can give me some insight, as to how it is actually meant.

As for Snoop "Lion", I anyway rest my case. There are few people who had a more destructive, sexist and materialistic effect on the world`s youth than him. He even promoted the bloods as far as I am aware. He used every opportunity to make loveless sex, drugs and a mindless and hedonistic godless livity look positive. Just look at his videos, listen to his lyrics, see the signs he throws. He is a sellout, and his infiltration of the Rastafari movement was a psyop. He did not change one bit. His music then was a laughable joke, and totally distorted the way Reggae was intended to be. Maybe you got to know that many spoke out against him, although he is mighty in the biz and has the most mighty people behind him, and these first ones were absolutely right. But if you want to listen to him, I won`t hold you, it`s up to each one to decide where to go.
I however won`t shut up here, I always state my opinion, and people can agree, or not, but please keep it on a level where you don`t have to question some participants personal attributes, or even doubt the right to exist of the very reasoning itself. Thank you, Jah bless.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/26/2014 2:13:42 AM

Babylon are setting up their system to be forever lasting. Babylon rising up forever. He isn't singing this in praise........ The lyrics throughout the song confirm this. And to the African peoples domicile on a former slave plantation Island, babylon have been rising since we come on yah! The Title is a Warning. Did you listen to the lyrics or chorus alone and get jumpy?

As for Snoop. I thank Snoop for the enlightenment, and would much prefer he made songs about consciousness than succumbing to the image of the black man which the media sets to portray. You put fire on him for lyrics of drug selling etc but now he come and make a whole LP of positivity man and man a STILL COMPLAIN? Well wha u want him fe do? Remember he didn't just pick up as Rasta one day - he actually travelled to Jamaica, and reason with many Ras Elders who were welcoming. Don't watch Bunny - he cusses everybody.

Or maybe people vex because them feel he not as Levitical as dem? This thing is a journey, any strides made in the right Irection is a good thing. Even just to Chant JAH RASTAFARI is better than nothing. Make the youth ears dem familiar to the name of their King. Sell out? He could have used 100 other directions to go for that LP, he didn't need to come to Rastafari to sell records. It was more of a risk than anything else. And one that commercially didn't too work. As I said, maybe you prefer he go back to singing gang lyric instead of onto the Almighty?

*Peter Tosh interview comes to mind*

What was 'the way reggae intended to be' ?? People we're playing cuts from the Artibella riddim like the 1970s come round again

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/26/2014 5:22:34 AM

Does traveling to Jamaica and reasoning with Binghi elders make one Rasta?

Iman not throwing stones or pointing fingers at snoop for his past.
But maybe Bunny is right you know,A true Rastaman must have an Ier I-tegrity and royal demeanor.

Does true Rasta say:

-Bitchass nigga

-F**k up that nigga

-I'm still snoop mothaf**kin' dogg.

-I'm still a gangsta..

???

It's not better for someone with influence on the youths to shout JAH RasTafarI if they don't trod in the Kings way and follow His I-xample.

Just check this article and snoops vybe in it :

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-snoop-lion-strikes-back-at-reincarnated-collaborator-bunny-wailer-20130424
--------

Don't get I wrong,I am not jumping to no conlusions nor taking crafty counsel against no one here.Coz I know sometimes it takes time to purify oneself even after ones sight up TafarI seen.

Blessed to all.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/26/2014 7:29:35 AM

Man shouldn't watch man the way that has been displayed thus far.

And bro Nate, u never hear a Ras cuss? Lol. You hear him talk dem way on the LP? I didnt

Im saying snoop was and has been welcomed by a number of deep rooted rastafari elders and members of the community who hold much more weight than for example a man who decide he a rasta in his bedroom. Bunny does not represent rastafari and if u knew him otherwise not just through mtv news article n thing you will know he has cussed out almost every recording artist / rasta u can imagine. A just bunny dat!

Nobody in here knows what is in a mans heart. Only what he presents in front of u. And no matter what u say, snoop is more conscious now than before. That is a good thing.

JAH SAY WE MUS JUDGE NOT

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/26/2014 7:37:19 AM

Now lets talk about man like Matiyashu dem and reggae hijacking

#TAND TALL

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/26/2014 7:48:04 AM

Or the number of reggae festival internationally with less and less if not no jamaican artist

Or

Musicians being booked all abroad and promoter doesnt allow the band and bandsman to travel. Dem wha employ they own European / American band.

All of that is a crime, and happens too often.

Reggae is beinf hijacked, snoop, abijah and Anthony b aren't the culprits

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/26/2014 7:56:36 AM

Now we come to rasta hijacking...

Isn't an ex crip who makes an album for the children of Jah.

It is the commerical multi million dollar use of our culture without any due reward to the RASTAFARI. All over the world the tom with the dreadlocks, the flag of ethiopia - I saw one flag with red gold green and a lion and it read JAMAICA on the flag!!! All around left right centre red gold green and rasta is being used commercially yet apart from the Marley estate.and Levi roots, I dont see any of the founding fathers being compensated at all. Dem left to die in impoverished conditions as hungry rasta....

More crimes onto Jah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/26/2014 9:24:14 AM

Rasta infiltration and reggae hijacking

www.thecaribbeandiaspora.tv/portfolio/hijacking-reggae/

www.assatashakur.org/forum/pan-afrikanism-afrocentricity/20684-rastafari-infiltration.html

Also,

You censor the word fuck but not the word nigga? Ras Nate, brethren of European ancestry; how that make any sense? :/ let's not do that.

1 Luv

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I