Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=572&start_row=31

African Holocaust

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/7/2005 2:46:12 PM

"His Imperial Majesty is InI prime example, HIM is concerned with AFRICA and African people. Yes, HIM stressed that InI build bridges and eradicate racizm, but did not at any point promote color blindness. It is very easy for those of privelege to run from, wipe away or turn a blind eye to what is dealt with everyday."

The reason I made this statement is within the statement. All the answers are within His Majesty's words. I am not saying that Rastafari can only be sighted by black people, I am not black. I am saying Rastafari is concerned with black liberation. And until ones and ones are willing to humble themselves to this fact, the Fire will keep burning for them. It is not about a schizm, it is about what is reality, what history has brought InI to in this day. Reparations have not been made. A stable and legitiment collective way of repatriation has not been made, so InI as Rastafari people must put black people first in both reparations and repatriation. No matter if a one is white, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, if they make their move to the motherland of all civilization (ITHIOPIA) it should not be labeled Repatriation because they were not taken from Africa on slave ships and brutally downpressed for all these years by the effects of the African slave-trade. I am not saying that all races are not welcomed in Ithiopia or not allowed, every man has free-will. And I am not saying Africans are the only ones who have suffered, I am saying Rastafari is focused on Africans, and that cannot be forgotten. So, in regards to the word REPATRIATION pertaining to Africa, it is for none other than InI black bredren and sistren.

Sellassie I Ises!

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/7/2005 3:23:12 PM

Yes! Yes! Truth it is Truth!

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/7/2005 5:17:51 PM

Marcus - Africa for the Africans
Tuesday, April 18, 1922

Fellow men of the Negro Race, Greeting:

For four and a half years the Universal Negro Improvement Association has been advocating the cause of Africa for the Africans -- that is, that the Negro peoples of the world should concentrate upon the object of building up for themselves a great nation in Africa.

When we started our propaganda toward this end several of the so-called intellectual Negroes who have been bamboozling the race for over half a century said that we were crazy, that the Negro peoples of the western world were not interested in Africa and could not live in Africa. One editor and leader went so far as to say at his Pan-African Congress that American Negroes could not live in Africa, because the climate was too hot. All kinds of arguments have been adduced by these Negro intellectuals against the colonization of Africa by the black race. Some said that the black man would ultimately work out his existence alongside of the white man in countries founded and established by the latter. Therefore, it was not necessary for Negroes to seek an independent nationality of their own. The old time stories of "Africa fever," "African bad climate," "African mosquitoes," "African savages," have been repeated by these "brainless intellectuals" of ours as a scare against our people in America and the West Indies taking a kindly interest in the new program of building a racial empire of our own in our Motherland.

A "Program" at Last?

I trust that the Negro peoples of the world are now convinced that the work of the Universal Negro Improvement Association is not a visionary one, but very practical, and that it is not so far fetched, but can be realized in a short while if the entire race will only co-operate and work toward the desired end. Now that the work of our organization has started to bear fruit, we find that some of these 'doubting Thomases" of the three and four years ago are endeavoring to mix themselves up with the popular idea of rehabilitating Africa in the interest of the Negro. They are now advancing spurious "programs" and in a short while will endeavor to force themselves upon the public as advocates and leaders of the African idea.

It is felt that those who have followed the career of the Universals Negro Improvement Association will not allow themselves to be deceived by these Negro opportunists who have always sought to live off the ideas of other people.

The Dream of a Negro Empire

It is only a question of a few more years when Africa will be completely colonized by Negroes, as Europe is by the white race. It is for us to welcome the proffered help of such men as Senators McCullum and France. Though their methods are a little different to that of the Universal Negro Improvement Association, yet it is felt that the same object will be achieved. What we want is an independent African nationality, and if America is to help the Negro peoples of the world establish such a nationality, then we welcome the assistance.

It is hoped that when the time comes for American and West Indian Negroes to settle in Africa, they will realize their responsibility and their duty. It will not be to go to the natives, but it shall be the purpose of the Universal Negro Improvement Association to have established in Africa the brotherly co-operation which will make the interest of the African native and the American and West Indies Negro one and the same, that is to say, we shall enter into a common partnership to build up Africa in the interest of our race.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/7/2005 10:48:54 PM

Yes! Marcus Say!

RSK

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/8/2005 9:54:56 AM

Yes, Marcus also say he will repatriate Africans is Black Star Liner. Count me out of the race thing. I support the power of love without partiality and preference for skin color or any material thing.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/8/2005 10:22:27 AM

JAH Word over man, give i the teaching of the most high, not someone that for told of the most high, thats like haveing the strong stoke and smokeing the the weak.JAH word will stand the test of man.

onelove

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/8/2005 11:38:59 AM

ONE LOVE....no division no condition simple pure and easy but for many so hard to follow. What a great wonderful thing!

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/8/2005 11:42:27 AM

Spirituality

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny.
-words of the Most High King Sellassie I

(Give thanks Ark-I for the numerous speeches of InI Jah and King!)

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/8/2005 12:33:18 PM

Yes, Sis Menen I!

I beleive the words of Marcus Garvey seem so 'anti-white' is because of the condition the African peoples were in at the time. He was a extremely educated man who wanted to help 'his' people grow as individuals in all seperate nations, so that they would obtain pride for the color of their skin. Also I think this may have been a not so good approach in bringing all races together, but it was successful in educating the African race that was held in different nations, if it wasnt for he Marcus Garvey Babylon would hold all races even tighter in their misleading propoganda.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/8/2005 1:19:11 PM

pro Afrikan is not anti white

I have never seen any thing from Marcus Garvey that was anti white

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I