Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5601&start_row=1

Kemetic Origins of Creation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2014 10:13:57 PM

Kemetic Origins of LIFE

HEAVILY referenced from http://www.secretoftheankh.com/ which is a must read article from Brother Reggie. I'l leave a link to the video at the end. I like how this ties to the Genesis account of creation and the Big Bang / latest quantum physics theories of primordial clouds of matter, dark matter, infinite expansion and so on......

THE SECRET OF THE ANKH

In Egyptian mythology, the Ogdoad were eight deities worshipped in Hermopolis during what is called the Old Kingdom, the third through sixth dynasties, dated between 2686 to 2134 BC. Together the eight deities of the Ogdoad represent the primal, fundamental state of the beginning, they are what always was. In the myth, however, their interaction ultimately proved to be unbalanced, resulting in the arising of a new entity. When the entity opened, it revealed Ra, the fiery SUN inside.

The eight deities were arranged in four female-male pairs: Naunet and Nu, Amaunet and Amun, Kauket and Kuk, Hauhet and Huh. The females were associated with snakes and the males were associated with frogs.[1] Apart from their gender, there was little to distinguish the female goddess from the male god in a pair; indeed, the names of the females are merely the female forms of the male name and vice versa. Essentially, each pair represents the female and male aspect of one of four concepts, namely the primordial waters (Naunet and Nu), air or invisibility (Amunet and Amun), darkness (Kauket and Kuk), and eternity or infinite space (Hauhet and Huh)

Amun and Amaunet are mentioned in the Old Egyptian pyramid texts. Amun and Amaunet formed one quarter of the ancient Ogdoad of Hermopolis, representing the primordial concept or element of air or invisibility (corresponding to Shu in the Ennead), hence Amun's later function as a wind deity, and the name Amun (written imn, pronounced Amana in ancient Egyptian), meaning "hidden"

Naunet / Nun also spelled Nu, means “primeval waters,” and represented the waters of chaos out of which Re began creation. Nun’s qualities were boundlessness, darkness, and the turbulence of stormy waters; these qualities were personified separately by pairs of deities. Nun, his female counterpart, Naunet, and three further pairs together formed the Ogdoad (group of eight gods) of Hermopolis.
The Ancient Egyptians envisaged the oceanic abyss of the Nun as surrounding a bubble in which the sphere of life is encapsulated, representing the deepest mystery of their cosmogony.

Kuk / Keket is the deification of the primordial concept of darkness in Egyptian mythology. In the Ogdoad cosmogony, their name meant darkness. As a symbol of darkness, Kuk also represented obscurity and the unknown, and thus chaos. Also, Kuk was seen as that which occurred before light, thus was known as the bringer-in of light. Keket was associated with the dusk and given the epithet "bringer-in of the night".

Heh was a primordial Egyptian god, one of eight Egyptian deities composing the ogdoad in the Hermopolitan Theological System who represented chaos. His consort was Hehet. When paired with Hehet, the couple epitomized the concept of infinity. Depictions of Heh / Hehet were also used in hieroglyphs to represent one million, which was essentially considered equivalent to infinity in Egyptian mathematics.

Thats four Kemet Gods of CREATION.

A = Amen/Amenet

N = NuN/Nunet

K = Kek/Keket

H= Heh/Hehet

ANKH

"The ANKH is not just the symbol for life, but the creation of life itself.

"

The first few sentences of the Bible arguably encapsulates this whole theory into one. Which would suggest the author / authors were infact aware or partially aware of teachings of the Egyptian Mystery system:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless (AMEN / AMENET) and empty (NUN / NAUNET), darkness (KUK / KEKET) was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God (HEH / HAUHET) was hovering over the waters.

A = AMEN / AMENET = hidden 'formless'
N = NUN / NAUNET = boundless "empty"
K = KUK / KEKET = darkness "darkness"
H = HEH / HAEHET = infinite "the spirit of God"

reaching?

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

"Together the four concepts / eight deities of the Ogdoad represent the primal, fundamental state of the beginning, they are what always was. In the myth, however, their interaction ultimately proved to be unbalanced, resulting in the arising of a new entity. When the entity opened, it revealed Ra, the fiery SUN inside."

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/8/2014 10:39:02 PM

These 4 pairs reoccur over n over in many creation stories!

Give thANKHs Idren!!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2014 1:11:29 AM

Creation stories existed long before Egypt and long before any people had a written language, passed on through Word Sound. It is possible that Israel's creation story was learned from Egypt, but that is in no way conclusive.

There were so many people in Africa and elsewhere during and before the time of Egypt, some having no direct or indirect contact or knowledge transfer from Egypt. Knowledge transfer and sharing existed before Egypt existed.

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 4/9/2014 3:00:26 AM

Yes I true Word Sound.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/9/2014 6:31:02 AM

Nobody has ever made the claim Egypt was the first at anything. This is a common misconception. This is however, one of the first documented stories of creation in existence, seen?; and one of the most in line with current beliefs/ science. Unlike other ancient civilisations they are not talking about aliens, distant galaxies, or even supernatural events. This is pure spiritual science.

But to say 'it is possible' the Israelites learned this from Egypt. Where else? The fact they refer to the same four gods in the very first few verses of Genesis might be a coincidence. Couple this with the fact that Israelite existence almost began in Egypt, where they were allegedly enslaved / inhabited for so long. I think it's more than likely:

- If you are enslaved in a country for a long time you do pick up their religious and spiritual beliefs. Africans across the diaspora today being a prime example

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/9/2014 6:45:37 AM

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/ogdoad.html

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/9/2014 7:20:08 AM

Sankofa deh! Gih thANKHs Fyah, fa dat deh site deh!!! Blazin fyah!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2014 12:21:02 PM

I am just saying that it could have been part of their stories before they had any interaction with Egypt, and before Abraham.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 4/9/2014 1:36:59 PM

Relevant information in this thread.
Ones & ones should realy study Stolen Legacy by George G.M. James (a true truth revealer hence matyr of Akelbulan).

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/9/2014 2:14:39 PM

Blessed I-dem

The inner meaning behind the word ANKH in relation to the Ogdoad is really a new concept that the brother has put forward. But the fit is too perfect, it works for me.

Ark I brethren before Abraham would mean it would not be Israelite knowledge. There is no Israel before the man himself.

Of course what your saying is true though this knowledge goes far beyond the existance of the Hebrew faith, despite it being taught this was 'handed down' to them (Moses) directly by YHWH when dealing with the Pentateuch....... It's this I have an issue with

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I