Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5407&start_row=1

Jamaica and Ethiopia/the best place for a Rasta.

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jah jeff Sent: 12/17/2013 2:17:41 PM

everywhere else is so far away from Rasta only in Jamaica is Rasta really taken seriously everywhere else sees rasta as joke, i bet they wouldnt joke if they went to boboshanti or a nyahbinghi in jamaica they would probally run like hell and scared.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/17/2013 3:38:25 PM

No.... Your promoting tribalism. Some rasta get some of the worst treatment imaginable in both of the places you mentioned. And your assuming there is not significant rasta presence in the other islands - what about Virgin Island? Midnite wouldn't stay ther if he was being 'treated as a joke'

We are worldwide, and we are strong. Please believe it

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/17/2013 3:52:02 PM

Rastafari is all over the globe in a multitude of races

Jamaica and Ethiopia can be very dangerous places. So can Texas, where I live. I can wear my rasta colors and be respected by many if not most people here. Some still have an objection to a white, middle-aged, balding rasta but that is prejudice - so, I don't care what they think. I now have 3 tattoos that incorporate rasta colors and I am looking forward to having them start conversations about rasta when spring gets here and the tats will be visible w/o winter clothing

Jah Dub gonna play Dub Music now

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I