Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=539&start_row=71

Distractions

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/23/2005 1:21:14 PM

Most of the examples you gave did not reflect the situations I am speaking about, and were not convincing in regards to showing the view that you hold. And you probably knew that those examples were weak, but it is easier to use those than to imagine a convincing excuse for worse wickedness. But I won't settle for those examples. And a question, other than the example you mentioned with your own conversation in your mind about not talking on the phone call, are any of those examples actual conversations you have had with other people, or just examples you conceived in your mind?

I will address one example, whether it is an actual conversation you had or not, because it most closely reflects the situation I am speaking about.

-------------
Why are you breaking into that house?
I need to eat, money to live.
But that person never did anything to you.
I know, it sucks, but they can afford it. I prefer to eat and let them give up on a new entertainment center than to starve and let them listen to loud music.
Sounds reasonable.
-------------

If the person need to eat and get money to Live, then he can work like everybody else. To take what somebody else worked to get, is robbery and is wickedness. Why should other people work to provide you with the things you need, they don't make other people work to provide them with what they need, they work hard and provide for theirself and family, and many also provide for others in their generousity. And most thieves after they develop their wicked skill, don't just take enough to provide themselves with their basic necessities, they often take so much from others that they become wealthier than the people they are stealing from.

What if the person killed or tortured the other so that he would be able to take more, is this person justified to you? Because by your claim, all situations that I and I call evil can be explained away with your logic based on false assumptions.

Excuse your own wickedness and the wickedness of others all you want Gideon. Jah doesn't excuse any wicked person, Jah only excuses the righteous, when they finally learn to Live by the spiritual guidance of Jah, rather than the unguidance of their own wicked conceptions.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/23/2005 1:42:30 PM

The title of this post is Distractions, and I have experienced a lot of distractions in this posting and I am finished with it. I might have been interested in entertaining this distraction a little longer if you brought some serious examples instead of your tailored lawyer type examples that are designed to "prove" your point by not approaching areas where the point doesn't stand.

Your phone dialogue reminded I of the rantings of Plato in his philosophy books. Give I the teachings of his majesty, I don't want no devil philosophy. Jah example is the example that I am interested in, not those that stray from Jah example.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 1/24/2005 8:19:20 AM

Yes, I made up all the examples except for the one with me and the phone. I used simple examples so that I could illustrate a general point without risking getting caught up in difficult details involved in individual examples. But they were taken from the real world and common situations - very realistic.
Give me an example then, something that everyone knows about that took place in the world, how about the Jewish or African holocausts? The perpetrators of those acts were serving Jah the best they knew, too. Bush and Bin Laden are both serving God the best they can. They are both hailing Jah rastafari, Haile Selassie, with every single thing that they do.
How about the tobacco companies working hard to make an image that cigarrette smoking is cool? You tell me what you want me to talk about, make it a real situation. I promise you I will show that it is only the thinking of the person involved that is limited. It is not the actions of an evil heart or evil soul or evil spirit as we have been taught to think in the accusation tradition of babylon.
I'll do the tobacco, just since we're here now:
The companies know that cigarettes are harmful, but the way they look at it is that people will always be free to harm themselves if they want to.
So basically a business owner has connections so that he can easily start a tobacco company. Also, he knows that it is allowed by the powers that be, and he knows that someone is going to provide the products if he doesn't. So basically no matter what he does, the people will end up killing themselves with cigarettes. So his choice is that he can get a piece of the pie or not, whatever he does the results will be the same for the people.
These are the limitations of the man's imagination, so all his love is able to do is encourage him to make the money since at least that will bless one person - himself.
I know it is very limited thinking, but that's just the way it is. Why interpret it as evil heart? All the man wants to do is make a good life for himself and his loved ones, and as far as he can see his actions are not causing anything, because the problems would come even if he didn't do anything.

Bergy, your responses are not appropriate, you are missing the point. This is not about whether the thinking of the person is correct, it is about the intention of the person.

This is all about me proving that the intentions is always good and clean, and the force is always love. I say that love is Jah, and good intentions is Jah. I say that every single thing that every person ever says and does is Jah -rastafari. For us to see the kingdom all we need is to open our eyes and leave from the accusation tradition and start accepting the reality of Jah kingdom, which exists already.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/24/2005 11:13:44 AM

I disagree with no apologies. I will comment more later

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/24/2005 11:18:13 AM

The intentions are not good they are selfish, Selfish Love is not love, selfish love is not good.

The tobacco companies think babylon and dont care if you die smoking what they sell you and try to lure you into. The thinking that I might as well get a piece of the pie because otherwise someone else will is also very selfish and not JAH like.

I agree with Ark I and his comments about your reasoning.

Blessings

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/24/2005 11:27:38 AM

False Love resulting out of lack of knowledge for what love really is ONE LOVE, is not love at all. So that makes everything resulting out of this false love FALSE. I think I am trying to say that I see it like Ark I in his previous post. Intentions of the burglar are never good, because acting selfishly by taking advantage of someone else is not good and I dont care if the burglar tries to say he acted out of love....love for what? himself? himself and his family? Give me a break......it is wrong, JAH knows it and we know it and they doing it themselves know it as well, you have choices and you go with the wrong one or easier one so you steal. A selfish intention is not a good intention. Its a intention misinterpreted by the doer as a good intention. Should he be cast away? Well he should learn righteousness and true love and as long as he doesnt learn it he will keep going astray.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/24/2005 3:42:54 PM

I give thanks for the reasoning of the I's and hope that we all can work to stay in the RIGHT....day to day.
as them say,what was will be again.

thanks to, the all mighty

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/24/2005 9:33:52 PM

Give I the teachings of His Majesty, Haile Selassie I

Question:There are people everywhere who hold that civilization has done more harm than good to humanity. These people argue that even though the so-called modern progress has brought some physical comfort, it has done incalculable harm to and greatly weakened the spiritual values regarded so highly in former times. What they call spiritual values are those things which are usually associated with religion. In other words the great progress made in the field of science has contributed to the weakening of the influence of religion and has deprived man of that inner calm that he so much needs for his spiritual well-being. What is Your Majesty's opinion on this matter?

Answer: One cannot deny that in former times man's life had been one of toil and hardship. It is correct to say, therefore, that modern civilization and the progress of science have greatly improved man's life and have brought comfort and ease in their trail. But civilization can serve man both for good as well as for evil purposes. Experience shows that it has invariably brought great dividends to those who use it for good purposes while it has always brought incalculable harm and damnation to those who use it for evil purposes. To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, therefore, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul. All human inventions, from the most primitive tool to the modern atom, can help man greatly in his peaceful endeavours. But if they are put to evil purposes they have the capacity to wipe out the human race from the surface of the earth. It is only when the human mind is guided by religion and morality that man can acquire the necessary vision to put all his ingenuous inventions and contrivances to really useful and beneficial purposes. The progress of science can be said to be harmful to religion only in so far as it is used for evil aims and not because it claims a priority over religion in its revelation to man. It is important that spiritual advancement must keep pace with material advancement. When this comes to be realized man's journey toward higher and more lasting values will show more marked progress while the evil in him recedes into the background. Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being. It is only when a people strike an even balance between scientific progress and spiritual and moral advancement that it can be said to possess a wholly perfect and complete personality and not a lopsided one. The type of progress we have chalked out for Ethiopia is based on these fundamental principles.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/29/2010 4:28:24 PM

Greetings,

I want to Reason on the forum, but I need to study right now.

Give thanks for this Reasoning:

------------------
The distractions can come in the form of putting our concentration into things that are not necessary. We can sometimes make projects that are not what we need to do at the time, instead of dealing with the things that we do need to do. Or we sometimes put our concentration into watching television, listening to music or reading books to avoid the things that we need to do.

It is good to relax from time to time and do the things that we like to do to relax. For some this might be watching television, listening to music, reading, playing sports or hobbies, or what ever other means people use to relax. I and I just need to look into ourselves and realize if these things are being done to relax us or distract us.
------------------

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I