Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5363&start_row=1

Must read literature for a conscious mind?

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/10/2013 7:16:10 PM

Greetings . I know not one book holds all their is to know about life ,however if you had to choose one book to someone who want to get on the path of knowledge of self and purpose ... what book would you recommend them and why?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/10/2013 7:27:31 PM

Haile

Please define who is 'Self'? Who are you defining yourself as in relation to the 'Knowledge of Self' you mention in your question..

I wouldnt necessarily recommend the same book depending on who you define yourself.

For me, as representing the nation of Garveys Africa, Growing up with the overstanding of Rastafari, domicile in an oppressive land..

Id have to start with the Foundation:

The Philosophies and Opinions of Marcus Garvey

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/10/2013 7:33:24 PM

Garvey's Africa , let me clarify.. Knowledge of self in the context of this particular question is that of as an African knowing your divine connection as man or woman to the circle of life...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/10/2013 7:42:16 PM

sistren...

African Origins of the Major Western Religions - Dr Ben Jochannen
Metu Neter - Ra Un Nefer Amen
An Afrocentric Guide to Spiritual Union - Ra Un Nefer Amen
The Royal Parchment Scroll of Black Supremacy - Fittz Pettersburg

Stay strong.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/10/2013 9:22:27 PM

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa - Walter Rodney

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/10/2013 9:22:28 PM

live up.

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/10/2013 9:49:29 PM

Garveys Africa, good list.. I have only read philosophies and opinions of Marcus Garvey. I think Marcus's main attribute was being able to express so eloquently his agenda and the reasons for it... which were all justified . Then to " back it up " through his actions. Because of that I think people figured " I want to be on his team and be apart of this".. None other like him for sure ..

Messenger: DURU Sent: 11/11/2013 3:24:33 AM

Blessed to all

Yes I , Lioness star

Sacred Woman by Queen Afua

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/11/2013 8:43:18 AM

Duru...bless..Give thanks for your response .. This is another book that is absolutely imperative to read especially for a wombman. As I was beginning my trod a bredren gifted me a book by Queen Afua that I cherish.. She addresses so many health concerns of woman and takes a holistic approach to wellness that is imperative if u want to truly be healed ... Sistren and bredren can both benefit from her books. Good One... One love

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/11/2013 9:35:36 AM

Greetings Lioness Star. For me, to recommend one book to someone who want to get on the path of knowledge of self and purpose would be the Kebra Nagast. Most people I run into are white and are somewhat familiar with whitey's KJV. The Kebra Nagast ties Jah all together very well, for someone as InI was familiar with KJV before knowing the truth of Jah.

The book, or few verses of one, that ultimately explains knowledge of self and purpose, would be the bible, specifically two chapters, John 16 and Acts 2. Those two chapters explain how Yashewa spoke of the coming "spirit of truth" that would guide us in all things, that came in Acts 2. When that spirit decended, it filled hearts of devout men from every nation, understood in every tongue. No bible was needed as the spirit lives inside one's heart, guiding them daily. Once that is overstood, then the Kebra Nagast gives one overstanding of how Ethiopia and Sheba and Solomon and the son Lord chose to take over Solomon's kingdom after Lord took it away from him. That helps one to overstand how babylon rides the beast and the very nature of how Jesuits love of money began all this evil since before slavery began.

To InI, being guided daily by that spirit of truth, Jah's spirit, fleeing from spirit of evil, is what brings overstanding of 'self' and purpose.

Blessings from Jah RASTAFARI

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I