Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5303&start_row=61

Meat is Ital

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 72
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/20/2022 3:41:17 PM

@Jahcub

Jahcub: "When it comes to crop rotation a person doesn't require more land."

You are not wrong. When I said that I was thinking about the sabbath for the land. (Leviticus 25:1-7)

This prohibition is on sowing during that sabbatical year, not reaping. I'm sure you can do this without shifting to another field to give the first a break. I think it just depends on your methods. Allowing animals to graze, for example, also means manure to fertilize the soil.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/21/2022 8:44:53 AM

Yes I hold d life of animals over dat of plants. Plants do live but deir life is different from us since dey don't feel pain. Deir spirits are free such dat dey inhabit multible plants n feel d same even when u kill a plant. Plants spirits are Angels.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/21/2022 9:07:10 AM

Animals feel pain when killed unlike plants. Plants are happy to b eaten fo dem are Angels, while animals feel d pain. Plants were given to InI fo food in de begining by Jah. I know Jah shall reward InI who are vegans. Ital is realy vital. Oneness.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/21/2022 5:16:20 PM

black heart: Animals feel pain when killed unlike plants. Plants are happy to b eaten fo dem are Angels, while animals feel d pain. Plants were given to InI fo food in de begining by Jah. I know Jah shall reward InI who are vegans. Ital is realy vital. Oneness.

ahhh... hunted animals do in fact feel the pain of being killed. Animals are hunted and killed by the billions every day. That is the circle of life and even many plants have thorns and other defenses that cause pain to animals. Humans can also feel excruciating pain when we die. We can also feel an extreme amount of pain when women give birth.

So if the argument is about pain for you then:

1. Fish do not feel pain like most animals and humans do
2. Plants can also inflict pain thanks to defense mechanisms which they would not have if they were "happy to be eaten".
3. Animals who are slaughtered do not feel pain because in modern times they are stunned before a very quick death for the sole reason that it is painless.
4. This ethical painless death did not exist in ancient times when millions of animals were sacrificed according to the law of Moses. So if you believe in the bible you must also believe that this was commanded by Jah. If you don't believe this was commanded by Jah then... congratulations.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/22/2022 6:55:08 AM

Fish do feel pain like other animals bside animals love life like humans so even those dat are stunned are not happy when they die. However its better to use de painless death when slaughtering animals. Jah see n know

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/22/2022 8:04:29 AM

D bible was corrupted so I don't just follow without questioning it. Jah didn't command people to sacrifice animals but people think so. Jah doesn't eat meat so Jah is not pleased by d killing of animals. Rasta dont sacrifice animal but burn incense/ganja

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 10/22/2022 2:01:26 PM

JAH bless Black heart give thankhs king.

I have 5 moringa trees. I harvest all their leaves every other month and they dont die. And we eat some of the strongest life giving high vitamin leaves found on earth raw or cooked. They might feel the pain i dont know, i hope not, but they grow forward and get bigger and stronger, responding very positively to the pruning and harvesting. Even citrus trees do the same as does lemongrass. We eat the fruits flowers and leafs.
We have avocado and mango, makungu, and zambarau and bananas and kweme and figs and neem, goose berries, guava, passion fruit, bird peppers,sugarcane, basil... even blackberries that never die when the food is harvested. Just keep trimming and dont let them enter the flower or seed stage (for most) that signals the end of they life cycle and many could just go on living foriver and producing food offerings itinually in season if cared for. Perennial plants return every time as long as the root stays, without having to kill them for harvesting.

Sustainable. No death.
More tree food and perennials !

Rastafari Empress Menen 1st

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/23/2022 7:07:58 AM

Yes I bro Evison keep strong. No worry about de life of plants, dem no feel pain. Fo some u can harvest without kiling dem while some like carrots u cant avoid killing. No man can survive without eating plants. Ital is holy diet. Blessed ital livity.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/27/2022 1:13:20 PM

Nah, you guys are right. You definitely don't have to kill a tree to harvest its fruit.

But then again...

And... forgive me for saying this. I'm really just trying to make a point about semantics at the moment.

"Fruits are the mature and ripened ovaries of flowers [1]. The first step in fruit growth is fertilization of the carpel. Then, a fruit arises from a series of transformations that occur during the development of the fertilized carpel, resulting in the ovary of the flower maturing and ripening."
- https://kids.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/frym.2020.00027

I don't know how you feel about eggs, fertilized or unfertilized. But vegans do avoid eggs. Why? The egg comes from the ovaries of an animal. There's no baby chicken in chicken eggs. They're not even fertilized.

When you eat fruit you're eating the asexual reproductive organs of the plant. Many animals reproduce asexually too. Inside that fruit is the nutrients needed for the seeds inside the fruit to grow. Are you planting the fruit? Or are you just planting the seeds? Or are you just tossing the seeds in the trash?

Do you preserve the seeds to grow them all? Or do you take the position that these trees have enough population already that not every fruit needs to become a new tree? Let me know. I know it's a really strange argument to make but I'm curious to hear some answers.

How well do you preserve the seed of the trees you take fruit from? And is there some kind of math that makes their lives less valuable and therefore more justifiable to eat? Is it because of numbers or lack of intelligence? Or is it just because they don't feel pain? But not killed? Sure you didn't kill the mother/father, the tree, but you ate the babies in their womb. Or you just ate the womb and spit them out. Or if you eat nuts? Those are seeds, right? So whatever plant that seed was going to be, could have been, is no more. You have consumed it for your own survival. So you don't kill the one tree. You simply "abort" millions more.

Do I want you to feel bad/guilty? Of course not! Never.

But what my hope is... is that we can think outside the box and instead of judging one form of life as being sacred and acting like the other is happy to be eaten (Even though many use thorns, needles, and poison as a defense mechanism to PROTECT its own life), we can begin to see that ALL life is sacred (plants and animals and everything in between) and we are all connected as we are also part of nature, part of the animal community, and we honor life, even as life consumes life. And so instead of pushing our ideas of how life should behave onto life and the degrees of order and chaos that life is, we should instead draw our understanding from life itself and how it behaves. We have millions of sperm to one egg because life already has it built in that the majority won't make it but the survival of "the one" is simply part of a much larger process in the circle of life.

Note: it has even been proven that some sperm cells "murder" others

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/27/2022 1:18:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with eating egg or fruit.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 72

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I