Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5303&start_row=21

Meat is Ital

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 72
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 9/24/2022 2:04:55 PM

"Greatings to ones n ones. Meat is not ital, instead it is d opposit of ital. It doesn't matter what is written in d bible, meat is not ital. Ital is natural vegan diet n is d foundation of Rasta trod. Blessed ital livity."

Gave i such a great feeling to read these words of truth and clear logic, i haffe give many thankhs
to Black heart

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/5/2022 12:12:23 PM

For review:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6829&start_row=81

Have to respectfully disagree with the idea that meat is not ital.

Let's break it down to the science.

Protein is ital. Your body cannot live without enough protein. Yes, there are plant-based alternative sources of protein but they are not the most efficient sources for it. That's why many vegans begin to lose muscle mass if they cannot keep up with their protein requirements. And different people may have different protein requirements. As well, the effects of switching your diet may be delayed based on what your body has already built up. It can slow your metabolism and contribute to anemia. So protein is ital. Period.

Your source of protein is meat or plant-based. To say that meat is not ital is like saying plant-based sources of protein are not ital if I choose meat. You're simply favoring one source for another and calling one ital when you're missing the point that it is what's INSIDE the meat and what's INSIDE the plant.

Both are organic. Both can be poisoned with chemicals. We can talk about how animals are treated but we can also talk about how plants are treated. There is a reason why people charge more for "organic" and why these labels are often deceptive.

When you eat an animal you are also consuming what that animal ate. So this is the reason why many animals are "unclean". The Bible doesn't go through the trouble of dictating clean vs unclean so that no one would eat meat at all. If that was the case it would just say "meat is unclean and an abomination to you". However, this is not the case. It has rules for eating and cooking animals because they had some understanding of what produced sickness. And both people and animals can be allergic to fruits, nuts, and grains.

If you prefer eating plants, by all means, I'm not trying to slow you down. But plants, unlike many animals, are not selective about the sources of their food. They consume whatever nutrients they can from any source. But plants can also get sick, contain disease, transport harmful and even deadly bacteria, etc. Is it natural? Yes. Is it ital? Yes. Can it be dangerous? Yes. All sources of food can be dangerous. All sources of food depend on the taking of life. You're either killing plants or killing animals. But animals kill animals for food all the time. You may be killing animals just by walking outside. How bad you choose to feel about that is your own personal choice. But they are sources of not only protein but also vitamins and minerals.

According to meatscience.org meat is a major source of five of the B-complex vitamins (which are especially important for men) including thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.

All these things are ital. If you don't want to eat meat as a major source for these ital components, fine. But I see no reason to pass judgment on an entire nutritious food group without a really good reason. And I haven't seen that reason yet.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/5/2022 12:16:49 PM

we can continue talking about how plants absorb nutrients vs how mammals filter out waste during the digestive process, including how we humans have organs dedicated to extracting nutrients and managing waste. But I'll save that for any disputes to my previous point.

Thank you and may you all be blessed.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/5/2022 3:10:16 PM

Bro IPXninja. d rasta term ital means vegetarian life so d I can't claim ital while eating meat. When u say meat is ital its d same as saying meat is vegetarian. Not all proteins are ital. Lentils is ital proteins but meat is non ital protein. Oneness

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/5/2022 3:10:37 PM

Bro IPXninja. d rasta term ital means vegetarian life so d I can't claim ital while eating meat. When u say meat is ital its d same as saying meat is vegetarian. Not all proteins are ital. Lentils is ital proteins but meat is non ital protein. Oneness

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/5/2022 3:30:21 PM

D main objective fo ital livity is to avoid killing of animals fo food, thus only plants are eaten. Ital livity/vegetarian life is a livication to Jah. Jah see n know.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 10/5/2022 5:54:30 PM

Blessed Love Idren

When I man first began to learn about what Ital is, I remember hearing the phrase: Ital is Vital.

For I, vital means essential but it also means first, or like the main thing.

Bless Up Black heart, I also see Ital as vegetables only

Bless Up Evison, good to see the I again!

Bless Up IPXninja, finally, something IPX and I can REALLY disagree on! Haha! Glad the I decided to bring science into this, Yes, let InI debate. I had to laugh when the I calls plant based protein “alternative sources”. Plant protein is the main source of protein, meat is the “alternative source”. It takes 7 times the amount of (plant based) nutrients to go into an animal, to equal the amount of nutrients one would get from killing and eating that animal. So just because meat may contain more protein per ounce than plant material, it is incorrect to consider it the “main source”, if by the very nature of it, it took plant protein to feed that meat into existence.

Has the I ever read the book, “Diet for a Small Planet”? These and similar topics are discussed in that book.

I man surprised to hear the I undermining the integrity behind organic labels on food. It is I man overstanding that a lot of science goes into the verification process for an organic label, but it seems the I is alluding to that is not the case and companies can just misrepresent food as organic just to charge more? I know there are many loopholes in the words that advertisers are allowed to use, especially when it comes to words like “natural” and “flavoring”, but it sounds like the I is trying to discredit the science behind the process of labeling a food as “organic”.

At the very least, meat eaters need to be honest that by eating meat, one is making a choice based on taste or preference over nutrition and what is the most efficient way to feed an entire planet.

Jahcub I, come on in anytime to help InI back up these science facts!

Blessed Love Iahs

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I LOVE

Messenger: seestem Sent: 10/6/2022 2:00:13 AM

Greetings

I don't know about the science but I do know that most people won't be able to slaughter an animal. You could argue that its because of conditioning or that we forgot but I counter that with saying most people can harvest plants very easily.

Cutting the head of a chicken is a very uncomfortable experience for most people, even just watching a video of an animal getting slaughtered is very uncomfortable, it is not our instinct. It is easy when you buy meat slaughtered by someone else or are given cooked meat made to taste good with spices (plants). Meat is not ital.

About HIM eating meat, I and I has not reached the ites of HIM to compare Iself to HIM like that. Also HIM follows the Ethiopian culture I and I follow Rastafari livity. Just like HIM did not dread up (no need, HIM wear the triple crown already), kinda like the students wear the school uniform and not the teacher.

Bless

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 10/6/2022 7:10:29 AM

Greetings family.

IPXninja, i never knew the i to be disraspectful.

Please dont start now w some foolish business about trying to change the definition of ital to suit the i opinion.

I assume the i eats meat and rationalize that guilt away w science, fine but dont claim it as ital even if the i wish to view yaself as ital in self image. If i put sea salt in a dish, i could never say that dish is ital because salt is not ital. Thats not for iman to decide. Same way microwave plants are not ital. A can of chefboyardee spaghetti o's is not ital even if it is animal free.
Its deeper than all that.

Even if i feel it ok to intake some little bit of sea salt occasionally. Its not for 1 person to change the definition unless you preface it by saying "ital to me means so and so". Even i cannot claim self as fully ital bcuz i know i am a work in progress.

Ital livity is free of death and even the term "meat" is down playing the fact that your eating animals. Just call it animals not meat. Theres no special words for eating plants flowers fruit or vegetable because there is no naturally invoked shame or regret in eating plants.All that protein business is old science funded by the "meat" industry.
When we eat a orange for example and throw the seed another tree can grow. It carries life and that is what we choose to put in our bodies. Dead flesh in your body / temple will only serve to make dirty and dead inside. Rastafari we know that our bodies are we temples and the abode of the most high JAH.

Dont try to say eating animals is ital because it is the opposite of ital in the definition that has already been defined from our incients from long time and needs no further revisions from anyone.

Ive met many rasses who eat meat and do so without claiming ital. Raspect to them for they do not try to change what ital means.

Every one should eat and drink as they see fit for them self and thats power and freedom. I could never serve up a watermelon and say its a tomato. Everones already agreed what is a tomato and what is a watermelon. Sure they both contain lycopene but that doesn't mekem the same thing. Plants and animals contain protein sure but they are not the same things.
Eating animals is NOT ital Brother.

Only love and honour and respect all the same to the I Kingman.

Ahsante

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 10/6/2022 7:46:42 AM

Even tho ya humbly started the post sayin respectfully disagree. Lol. No it does com across that way Bredren. Nuff time we haf deal w all type ah people come try change sumthn about Rastafari. Next man could come say GMO food is ital. And if u dont trust gmo you dont trust science. Science made the atomic bomb and i dont love that, does that mean i dont trust good science?
Ya see me

Love ya still IPX.

Ras Cedric i sight what the i is saying about ital is vital. Vital for what?
Vital i feel is necessary for achieving a certain goal or outcome. If something is vital then it cannot be done while lacking that thing.I think for i viewpoint ital is vital is meaning that ones cannot reach they full spiritual and physical potential without holding a fully ital livity for some time. In that way it is vital to summit the pinnacle of Rastafari ital livity.

Ya never know how great or wise or powerful or calm or whatever the best verision of you could be or even to KNOW WHAT that could be without first to hold that high level of livity for a length of time. Iman and iveryones else is included. Its a serious thing that.

Our sun is 4 years old and never ate a animal bcus i want to give him a jump start ina culture we sight as good and right. His blood picture shows no lack of nutrition or vItalmins.He definitely has no lack of iron or energy.
That may be partly due to the fact he was born and been raised in mountain jungle ina east afrika and eats the full range of plants trees fruits and veggie available. Even much we grow ourselfs.If he wants to change that when he grows a bit then that will be his decision at that time but for a youngster we all do our best to guide them in the direction we feel is in they best interest.

Give thAnkhs to JAH.

I know it is a must for us to love and live ina firm oneness and one accord.
This includes the words and phrases and their definitions in our culture of things like the meaning of "Ital".

Thats 1 reason we personally never identify w a certain house of Rastafari such as Bobo or nyahbinghi or twelve tribes etc...Even tho i love all them same way. bcuz to us Rastafari is Rastafari, the same, 1 Family and for all of them its only love and Raspect w no seperation in i sight. Oneness

Can u feel that?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 72

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I