Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5116&start_row=1

marley coffee??

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/14/2013 9:54:56 PM

greetings, SO if coffee is organic from the ground, why can't Iman drink it? what if it is decaffeinated coffee?? and why does rohan marley drink his marley coffee if he is a rastaman?

give thanks for all of the info, in advance

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/15/2013 1:36:21 AM

Ye my king. If de I want coffee then yu beta get some seeds n grow ya own coffee. Harvest ya coffee beans, roast dem n crush dem yaself. Anada option would be fo de I to look fo uprocessed coffee beans from de market or coffee growers to make yo own drink. Dat will be an ilahful coffee fo de I to drink. No chemicals added. Avoid processed food. If possible try to grow ya own food to minimise de quantity of food yu get from shops. Just foget about Marley celebrities if yu wana trod ital livity. Blessed love.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 4/15/2013 6:06:23 AM

That's a good question. Why can't the I drink coffee?

Personally I don't drink it because caffeine doesn't agree with I structure and makes I feel a bit ill, but if the I can find good coffee and doesn't have the same issue as I, then drink it up and give thanks. That Marley coffee is Ital and organic if mad expensive. Coffee growing and drinking is a traditional Ethiopian custom after all, so I and I shouldn't fear that which is given to mankind for His use.
If the I is growing it though, be mindful that it takes a LONG time to germinate the seeds. I did try and germinate one just to keep as a house plant because England isn't coffee country, and it did take months and plenty care and attention keeping it damp to sprout it. A whole crop of ganja would have been easier to cultivate, so it's a special crop. Probably less time in a climate more suited though.

Blessed love

Messenger: Sister Sent: 4/16/2013 2:37:25 AM

How I see it coffee/caffeine isnt Ital because it's processed/an intoxicant. Many products that are fair trade are not Ital.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/8/2013 9:20:11 PM

I and I am most grateful for pure coffee (organic) brewed with distilled water. InI have had at least 1/2 gallon/day for over 20+ years now. Cannot order a coffee out anywhere without my stomach knowing I did afterwards. With my brew + distilled H2O, I can cup before bed, no trouble sleeping.

Organic beans have been getting pricey, 15USD/lb., so InI learned to roast green beans in oven. InI spend little over 5USD/lb. when ordering 20# green organic Ethiopian beans delivered to my door, from sweetmarias.com

Pure coffee has more anti-oxidant properties than most any food known to man, except few like blueberries. This day and age, anti-oxidants are Ital.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/9/2013 2:18:28 AM

Coffee isn't Ital but from what I hear, the Marley coffee brand has some very high quality organic, fair trade coffee.Plus they offer Blue Mountain coffee....considered one of the very top beans in the world. They are making quality. I enjoy coffee sometimes - I am not 100% ital....and I would love to find their coffee at a local store

Jah Dub gonna play dub music now!

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I