Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=504&start_row=11

Bob Marleys Conversion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress1 Sent: 11/23/2004 8:02:15 AM

Greetings in the name of his Imperial Majesty,
InI dont mean to sound so cynical but for the I, InI believe that Sellasie is not God but one of his most faithful servants; that why InI hail HIM but he is not the Creator. Jah manifest Himself in this man. InI hope none of the I are offended.
JAH RastaFarI.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/23/2004 8:05:37 AM

For ones who say HIM is GOD, not god. How can that be? I am not fighting against your heart, but the teachings sound funny. If you know something that makes it not sound funny please let me know.
This is why it sounds funny to me:
Selassie fractured his knee. This is one example of the fact that his flesh suffered pain, and also that many things he planned did not come to pass as he had planned.
Selassie asked for support in the geneva convention and was denied.
I could go on but the question I am bringing should be clear by now. How can you say HIM is God when there are these things happening in his life? I am not fighting, just asking.
The way I see it, there is one who is the almighty, GOD. Everything he wants happens just as he wants it and nothing happens that he doesn't want to happen. He doesn't know pain and suffering and his plans never fall through. He is omnipotent and omniscient, the creator of all things.
Please support your claim with reasoning if you have any.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/23/2004 8:48:16 AM

Much RASpeckt to Idren who reason concerning the Most High!

InI overstand the Most High to be THE CREATOR and HIM to be KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Thus seen, we would be the Kings and Queens he's KING of and Lords he's Lord of. And we are flesh. Therefore HIM not GOD, but of GOD. An extension, as are Idren.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/23/2004 4:07:39 PM

So becasue he broke His knee you say that He can't be God? My lord, they drove nails through the hands of Christ and beat Him then tied Him to a cross. This is only what was written as well I'm sure Christ did other things that may have caused physical damage. And whether or not Genva decided to follow His Majesty plans moves my opinoin not. We know that these people would make war against the Lamb. That doesn't just mean guns and bombs my lord, but also with words or lack of action. I don't understand any of your reasonings on all of these people being god or Gods. There is only one. Yes I am familiar with us being gods, but if we have no faith in Christ, God in the Flesh, than none of the other things matter. I think that some of you have some serious referencing to do.

Gideon- "I believe Selassie is God in a different sense, that does not conflict with the Christian tradition, but is in fact the same thing that Jesus taught."

Jesus Negus never taught this concept. There is only ONE GOD. Not God in a different sense. No senses, just Christ. His message was about God the Father and the Kingdom that is to come. Yes we are one with HIM but not in athurity.

NineMile2004 - "I agree Gideon. Selassie is god, so even god in sense of the EoC is Selassie. God is Jesus, Jesus is Selassie, we are all gods children, we all have JAH within us. We are all one! So even when people say Selassie is not god, he sure has acted and spoken the truth just as Jesus had before him."

Again, where do all these gods come from.

The pagans of old would laugh at todays pagans. I hear a lot of people hear giving their own wisdom on the subject and not referencing themselves to the Bible. If you have your own ideas about what or who god is then you must realize that it isn't god that you worship, but your image of god, so why not caste an idol out of stone.

Strcitly Nyahbinghi Order

Hail the Most High God Haile I Selassie I Jah Rastafari the God of Israel

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/23/2004 6:01:43 PM

HIM no real? why HIM in texts dating back before his time, if you continue to denie,my god, Selassie InI feel for I, the sly wickedness got you intranced n making you think that glancin at HIM cant be but it tiz so fend for InI in order to survive and stay alive.......

Ras ElI
Release I Soul Babylon

Messenger: will-I Sent: 11/23/2004 8:43:21 PM

I and I should not worry about if Bob Marley converted or not.
I and I children must find truth from within... There are endless lessons to be learn from those who have come before this time, but in the end one must trod as one with Jah. That is the only relationship that matters (if I relationship with Jah is sound, all others will fall into place)...If one trods a false path within, one is wasting not only earth time, but eternity... Jah livith Iternally within Rastafari, faithful servants know that the true path may twist as Devil Babylon introduce new tricks, but Jah give guidance always...Look within for truth and compassion.
(Please don't take this as an attempt to downplay Prophet Nesta Marley's fantastic achievements...I man shine forever in Zion)

One Love
Jah Live

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/23/2004 10:24:21 PM

I have heard several of you say that His Majesty is not Christ but yet you say Jah Rastafari? What is that all about? The TTI do this quite often. Haile Selassie I was either man or God. Christ did not show His personality through His Majesty, that is TTI talk. That assumption was made by Gad the leader of TTI. Unfortunatly that has no biblical background. That is not a part of the prophecy. Christ doesn't need to show His personality, He must come to establish His Kingdom.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/23/2004 11:29:51 PM

Selassie I is Jah. I and I RasTafarI know this.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 11/24/2004 1:59:05 AM

Jesus manifested as a man on earth to be like us, to exist as human of course he felt things had emotions...same for tafari

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/24/2004 10:47:54 AM

We all can have interpretations. I believe only in ONE GOD, JAH RASTAFARI. Many of us just try to voice their opinions just as others before us have written down their opinions, I dont take everything as fact that was written. Just because Selassie injured his knee does not mean he is not god, I agree with the previous post about Jesus on the cross. JAH is GOD and speaks through Haile Selassie's physical body. So yes Selassie IS GOD. (or was for anyone that believes JAH can die, only the body may be gone but JAH is always here among us and within all of us)

Since I see JAH is GOD everyone maybe unknowingly is accepting JAH, though they may call HIM GOD etc. we shall not judge others that have faith in GOD even if they do not call him JAH RASTAFARI. The problem I see is that people give thanks and praises to GOD and even JAH but do not live by JAH word. All of us JAH children need to give guidance and love to these as Marley had called them Hypocrits to guide them to JAH. Only the individual can accept JAH himself, nobody can be made to accept JAH, only guided on the way.

JAH is GOD and Selassie is JAH and not everything that happens on earth is done in JAH name, and even some things done in JAH name are not JAH word......Babylon has its influence on many anf misguides them and creates "wolves"

Let us pray for all that have not accepted JAH as GOD or pray to an "idol" as it was mentioned in an earlier post

Bless all
JAH RASTAFARI

I am still learning the WORD AND LOVE of JAH, please give me guidance and lets pray for the InI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I