Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=501&start_row=11

Rastafari/Hindu?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 12/1/2004 8:50:26 AM

RasEli,
yes, the point you made is correct.
But don't forget: The first Rastas had NO DREADLOCKS.
They had long beards but short hear.

selah

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/1/2004 10:35:53 AM

Hmmm I will have to find further information on this I dont know if you are correct pon this. I know that the I's recongnized as leaders in the early movement had locks as far as I know.

Ras ElI

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 12/1/2004 5:26:04 PM

Greetings I,
but does it really matter? The point I really wanted to make through writing this is: NO MORE DOCTRINES!
Just be FREE! Jah loves everyone, no matter if he grows dreads or not.
If someone feels, that it is important for his Inity, he shall grow dem.
But there is no MUST to.
It is the same, when some Sistren or Bredren do this race talk and discriminate Japhet Rastas.
I ancestor is Japhet, but Noah is the ancestor of every I of InI.
Some people say, slavery is only the history of the ones who have black skin. But, when the slavemasters pressed down(there are still such slave masters, and I am endless sad about that) Ham children, they pressed down mankind thorugh this!
We(not only InI... MANKIND) are all Jah children... Why thinking so much about how to look, how to wear hears, clothes, etc. What really cares is, how we are in our inside.
Jah does nuh care 'bout dat!

selah

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/1/2004 8:10:34 PM

I look it like this within some reason, in every religon you have the people or followers and then you have the holy men who restrict themselves from things and live RastafarI as a way of life, you read of Samson he was destined to be Holy and he let no razor come pon his head. I dont think everyone has to dread.

Ras ElI

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/1/2004 8:39:02 PM

I read that Samson killed more men when he pulled the city down,and that was after his hair was cut.He was a warrior right.Thats why they say he was great, cuz he killed many men in war,well if thats true then if you read the whole book then you will see, his hair was cut and he still had the power to pull down a whole cite.It was in his body until his spirit left.

onelove

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/1/2004 8:48:12 PM

Oh my this will take a while to explain. After his hair was cut he allowed his enemys to get close to him and he drank with them and his enemys finding him weak captures him and chained him to the buildings pillars and his last will that he had let in him broke the pillars and the building fell about him and his enemys killing him and his enemys.

Enemy = Philistines I think

I think this is how it twas put.

Ras ElI

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/1/2004 11:09:02 PM

If he did not drink then he would not have let them chain him,they chain him and he still killed them and himself in the same action. With out hair he still had strength.The fact that he did not use it untill he was in chain would have been his on doing.

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/2/2004 7:38:26 AM

If you check the wording it says it tis his last wish or something to that effect. I said when he lost his hair he began to get weak and drank with them and then they chained him and he didnt pull it down pon them that night.

Ras ElI

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/2/2004 8:15:38 AM

that night or the nexted day,he still pulled it down,last wish or frist wish.It was him that let the thing get in his way.If it was a woman or a drink, he let that happpen. If he had the faith that he had with out hair as he had with it then he would not have let them so close,let a lone close a nuff to cut his hair or even chain him.ITs not the fault of the hair or the people that made him weak, it was his own doing.And if i want something to happen,i do not just wish it ,i do it.

onelove

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/2/2004 9:45:46 AM

But if his hair was cut when he was younger to you think he would be as triumphant not knowing of the angel for said that no razor should come pon his head.

Like I said im not saying everyone has to have dreads, im mearly saying that growing dreads in the RastafarI religion has been there sense the beginning.If you have comments retaining to this I shall hear dem.

Ras ElI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I