Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4960&start_row=1

Chronological Speeches of His Imperial Majesty

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/16/2012 9:51:14 AM

I found a website that has Haile Selassie I's speeches posted in chronological order:

Chronological Speeches of His Majesty

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/16/2012 9:53:31 AM

This is today's posted speech:

------------------------------------

ECONOMIC AND TECHNICAL AID

...We require knowledge and assistance from abroad; Ethiopia’s energies were for long centuries concentrated on her physical protection. The never-ending struggle to safe- guard their freedom deprived the nation’s youth of the opportunity to study peace instead of war. Today, we require skills and techniques beyond our present capacity to provide, and we look to the assistance of foreign experts and technicians to bridge the gap. So, too, do we look for foreign capital investment and as a natural and normal concomitant, the managers and the professional personnel skilled in the ways of modern industry and business life. With training and education and experience, Ethiopians will in the near future supply all of the needs of the nation. But today, those who are prepared to aid us in our endeavours, who are here at our request and desire, are welcome colleagues and collaborators. Our visits to highly-developed nations abroad have persuaded Us that in this same fashion those countries have adapted and used this experience and learning of others for their own benefit….

------------------------------------

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I