Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4942&start_row=1

Haile Selassie I compassion towards animals

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/29/2012 12:21:16 AM

Here are some Reasonings of Haile Selassie I during the fight against the Italians in World War II

During Haile Selassie I travels from Sudan and through Ethiopia

On Our way to Belaya, though We were proceeding according to plan, We encountered a number of difficulties. Some of the camels loaded with military equipment and provisions were dying one after the other . . . unable to climb the mountainous terrain whose elevation was almost 9000 feet. We considered that they, too, died for Ethiopia's cause. In one day alone, We saw 57 dead camels lying beside the road.

Chapter 18 - The campaign into Ethiopia from the Sudan - - the future administration of Ethiopia - - Mr. Anthony Eden's views

Here is an observation of Haile Selassie I as He arrived at Entoto mountain in Addis Ababa.

We had arrived at Entoto followed by Our army. Many camels had died on the way, and We arrived with fifty camels that had managed to survive to complete their jobs. They were all killed at the gates of Our city by the English soldiers. In so doing, the soldiers may have been guided by military discipline and regulations. On Our part, We were simply horrified to watch this incredible cruelty.

Chapter 21 - Our arrival in our capital city

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/30/2012 12:02:43 AM

Yes I,

Jah Loves His Iration.

I have seen many pictures of Selassie I with animals, oftentimes He has a dog by His side.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/1/2012 10:46:38 PM

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I