Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4915&start_row=1

Love Affairs:Advice I

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/4/2012 10:06:53 AM

I met I empress 3yrs ago,when I was 16 and she was 15.We fell in love though we fought sometimes but she didnt know dat Iman a Rastafari,she is a Seventh Day Adventist.I had to leave I home town in April 2010(babylon calendar)and leave her behind to re-write Mathematics in another city as I realised dat the town and friends were too bad influencial.She and the I only talked telephonically for the whole year 2010 and I felt it was high time to let her know the realness in I.She was so ambitious dat she could see us together with our offsprings in future not until I told her dat I Rastafari which was strange and new to her.In 2011 during the summer holidays around August I had to return back home to see family and friends and to solve the disputes with her.I found her waiting for I at the terminus and greeted I with a hag,days later she told I she was no longer interested in the relationship but wat surprised the I is dat she kept visiting the I or even kiss the I.The holiday was over and I had to leave again and promised to come again in December holidays which ended whilst still having ups and downs.Now 2012 I neva went there since January and we linked telephonically,the tension kept rising whilst I locks were also growing.She then told I telephonically dat the cause of the whole problem was I locks and being Rastafari and dat I should trim dem and dats why I was overthrown and replaced.I would call her many times and we could talk general issues and I would pretend all is well hoping she would overstand but I realised dat I was the only one doing the calling,she no longer bother to call I.I next man said I should just give her some time and space and ignore her,he said if she truly loves the I she will call I one day.Now Iman is worried so much because I love dat empress so much and at one time I always hoped dat we would trod together the Melchezideck way one day.She used to tell I how she grew up uninterested in eating flesh and she was sent to an Adventist High School where they were restricted in eating flesh,so sometimes I could see our similiarities rather than our differences.I was planning to go and see her this December but I feel like its a sign of weakness to return or call her and due to the trials and tribulation Iman is facing I think meeting her will make things worse as I feel I have changed even physically to the extent dat Iman no longer attractive to her.I NEED YOUR ADVISE I IDRENS AND SISTRINS.SHOULD I LET IT GO???

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 10/6/2012 2:05:11 AM

May Jah grant the I peace.

I too was tempted recently in such a manor. Although I'm not sure I could even call the woman an empress, for INI finally realized that I spiritual trod was too different from what she was interested in. So many astray in these babylonian ways. One of I first lessons learned on the High trod was to be one person all the time. It is easy to let our social settings affect how we act (certain ways with certain people), especially when one meets an alluring or attractive one. It is a struggle to maintain the same in the face of so many ways, but the roots man is not swayed, he rises up upon what HIM say, and speak how HIM sentiment raise on every day. Yes, I man have finally come to realize that one should be honest and upfront in all of Him ways, especially when beginning a relationship. For recently I almost settled for a relationship with someone I knew did not know of Rastafari, but I came to reason the lonely trod is better than the polluted trod. I say if it was meant to be the I would know it was meant to be. As HIM say, indecision is an indication of detriment.
But this is not I decision, I brother must make his own mind preferably with The Almighty I.
These things will come in time I brother

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/6/2012 5:27:07 AM

Why should one trouble themself by running into some things before the proper time comes?

There is not a need for a person to find a partner before they have plans to get married, seen?
Why should a person get into a relationship with a person whom they have no intention to marry?

The reason why God sometimes allow bad things to befall some people is because they get into relationships for purposes other than marriage, which is wrong and sinful......
...so God might decide to curse that unlawful relationship since it is against His will to see His people doing foolishness, seen?
Otherwise, God should bless our relationships and our marriages given that we have good intentions and plans, because it is Him who made it so, seen?

If a man would find a woman only when he has plans to marry her and start his own family, then there would not have been all these problems and sorrows that are arising in certain relationships;
because the two would just become one with no separation, and they would stay together with no physical separation, and they would trod Rastafari together as one, and Jah would bless them!
But now, because of lust and lack of proper education, young people are rushing into intimate relationships before they have any plans to get married and start their own families, seen?
So when they get cursed instead of being blessed, why should they be surprised and cry yet what they do ain't what they are supposed to do?

Judgement..

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 10/6/2012 7:38:40 AM

Ras Kanjas just spoke the truth. All should take heed to his words, because I see enough people living in a babylonian concept of ROMANce and courtship. IandI should only seek an empress if we are willing to marry. We should only have sex if we are willing to procreate. Fire burn "falling in love", because it leads to lust and confusion. Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/6/2012 11:27:13 AM

Wow these are things I would expect to hear on a fanatical Christian website, not on this here Jah forum . Let the youth experiance life. Learn, grow, love. Let what will be, be. Any relationship should start with mutual raspect, overstanding and friendship. If something doesn't feel right then it usually isn't, trust your own intuitions and Selassie I signs.

To say relationships are only for marriage and procreation is to miss out on so many of lifes blessings .

Blessed Love

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 10/6/2012 12:28:42 PM

Much love to the I, brother Matthew. In response to your reply, Iman must ask the I to meditate upon something. Would H.I.M approve of ones participating in these vain relationships? We must look at his example. From reading His Majesty's autobiography we can see that His Majesty was only with one wombman his whole earthly life. This was Empress Menen I, his wife. There were no courtships and vain relationships in His Majesty's youth. In I humble opinion We must not get caught up in what society's view of love and marriage is. We must know that marriage is for the purpose of having children and raising them. However, this does not mean that we can not love the person we marry. But We must rise in love and not fall in love. To fall means to "sink to a lower position". This is the opposite of what needs to happen. We must find a spouse who will not only assist in raising the children, but will also assist in raising Us. One who will burn out all sin that they see in us. This includes lust, and having sex without the inention of having a child is lust. If We are with a spouse that permits this type of behavior then it will only be perpetuated. Zion Mountain, the I must see that this woman is not right for the I. Jah made this happen for a reason. Our significant other is meant to bring us closer to Jah, but this is not the case in the I's situation. I suggest that you leave her be, and pray to Jah for a righteous and upful Empress. Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/7/2012 4:18:12 AM

Wow Matthew,

Seems that you are saying righteousness should be found on Christian websites, and wickedness and slackness on Jah forum, right?

Because, the things that I said in my previous reasoning ain't my own, but that is what Jah said to His people Israel that He chose for His own purposes, seen?
Not only did He teach us to follow His ways, but He also forbade us from doing what the heathens do, seen?
So as wise and obedient children of Israel, we are not going to stray from our Father, rather we are going to love Him and stick to His law like glue, and burn the way of the heathens with fire and brimstone, seen?
I mean we as blacks, will never accept what the foreigners say and teach, but we will be forever loving Jah and keep His commandments, seen?

To say let the youth learn and experience is okay,
but make sure that you don't let them learn bad things and spoil them.....
...so, let them learn, but good, seen?

And it is not good to fornicate or sleep around with people saying that it is part of learning and growing, seen?

Raspect..

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/7/2012 5:20:23 AM

Blessed Love Jah Spear
I agree with most of what the I says. It really depends on what the I means by marriage. I live and have two children with I Empress, that is the I wife and the womban I will spend the rest of I life with, Jah willing, but according to Babylon system InI dont posses the correct paper work too be seen as Man and wife.

True the youth should stand in love, not rushing into sexual relationships, but the youth should also be free to have none sexual relationships with who they please, like I said this is part of learning and experiancing life. Love between man and woman could never be a sin.

I agree also that so many people rush into sexual relationships without overstanding the commitment it requires. Sex is a commitment to Jah, the other person and any potential offspring. Ones should overstand the seriousness of such things. But life has no guarantees, people grow and change. If we say that after the act if sex one automatically becomes ones wife, then does that mean a one is commited to that person for life? Is love between Man and Womban ever unconditional? I have unconditional love for I children as Selassie I does for his children. But For I Empress to remain I empress she must have and maintain certain qualities.

Blessed Love

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/7/2012 4:46:04 PM

Greetings Jah people...I give thanks for all the advice.Iman neva had a plan to sleep with the empress because of the love I had for her.I felt dat I would defile her if I disvirgin her.I always respected her emotions even though I was not perfect.The truth is dat I love the empress but calling her right now will make her feel like she have the control over I and she want I to cut I locks.Must I give her some time or I should just move on.We had many similarities like the Sabbatical order,she always admired the Ital food as she did her secondary education at an Adventist Boarding School were they only ate vegetables,but she made our differences ovacome our similarities.Iman is now standing on crossroads

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/9/2012 10:49:30 PM

I would move on if I was in your situation. I Empress has to accept I as RasTafarI, or she wouldn't be I Empress.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I