Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4906&start_row=11

What will happen in the future

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/10/2012 5:43:58 PM

RasTafarI people must take hold of the future and not leave things too chance. Jah helps those that help themselves, now is the time for action. InI can talk about the future and change as much as InI want but unless we "organise and centralise" things will remain the same. RasTafarI has blessed InI with the tools and taught InI the mandate, its on us to do our fathers works. Isnt that what RasTafarI is? A Theocracy? InI must lead mankind, In the way shown to us by our God and King, InI are chosen by the I majesty to do his work.
----
LEADERSHIP
Leadership does not mean domination. The world is always well supplied with people who wish to rule and dominate others.
The true leader is a different sort; he seeks effective activity which has a truly beneficient purpose. He inspires others to follow in his wake, and holding aloft the torch of wisdom, leads the way for society to realize its genuinely great aspirations.
The art of leadership is in the ability to make people want to work for you, while they are really under no obligation to do so. Leaders are people, who raise the standards by which they judge themselves and by which they are willing to be judged. The goal chosen, the objective selected, the requirements imposed, are not mainly for their followers alone.
They develop with consumate energy and devotion, their own skill and knowledge in order to reach the standard they themselves have set.
This whole-hearted acceptance of the demands imposed by even higher standards is the basis of all human progress. A love of higher quality, we must remember, is essential in a leader.
The true leader is one who realizes by faith that he is an instrument in the hands of God, and dedicates himself to be a guide and inspirer of the nobler sentiments and aspirations of the people.
He who would be a leader must pay the price in self-discipline and moral restraints. This details the correction and improvement of his personal character, the checking of passions and desires and an exemplary control of one's bodily needs and desires.
To be first in place, one must be first in merit as well.
He who has not learned to render prompt and willing service to others will find it difficult to win and keep the goodwill and cooperation of his subordinates.
A leader will kindle interest, teach, aid, correct and inspire. Those whom he leads will cooperate with him in maintaining discipline for the good of the group. He will instruct his followed in the goals towards which to strive, and create in them a sense of mutual effort for attaining the goal.
------
Once a person has decided upon his life work and is assured that in doing the work for which he is best endowed and equipped, he is filling a vital need, what he then needs, is faith and integrity, compiled with courageous spirit so that no longer preferring himself to the fulfilment of his task, he may address himself to the problems he must solve in order to be effective.
-----
SELF HELP
The people themselves must come to realize their own difficulties in the development of their community and try to solve them by collective participation following an order of priority and taking their potentiality into account.
It is well known to you all that recognizing one's problems and striving hard to challenge them is a mark of an attempt at self-sufficiency. Self help in the benefits to be acquired through education, will save the individual from asking someone's assistance.
------
We speak of discipline—the capacity to control oneself and follow through to completion what must be done and to place duty first.  We would remind you, however, that iron discipline is not alone sufficient to meet the future.  Restraint and understanding are vital qualities for responsible citizens.
------
We must look , into the depth of our souls.  We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us.  We must become bigger than we have been:  more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook.  We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.
-------

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/10/2012 11:24:19 PM

--------------------
Fire is Good

I sight Fire as a good thing, because it burns the wickedness inside and outside. Some prefer to keep the wickedness within, or they have too much wickedness, so they don't like the Fire because it burns too much.

The scripture below is the best way to look at Jah Fire. It is a strength and purification for those that want to live in righteousness, but it is a destruction and torment for those that desire wickedness.

Mark 9
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

The way I interpret salt in this scripture is that Salt is Fire. That is why he said "For every one shall be salted with fire".

In verse 50 where it says,

50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

I see this verse as:

Fire is good: but if the Fire has lost its strength, what can you burn with it? Have Fire in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Christ is showing I and I that we will all go through the Fire, that is why he says "For every one shall be salted with fire". So it is better for I and I to blaze the Fire upon ourselves, to burn out wickedness when I and I see it. Instead of waiting for when we die, to burn eternally in the eternal Fire.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Christ is showing I and I to burn away any part of ourselves (thoughts and actions) that is wickedness. Because it is better to enter into Life without that part, then to keep that part, and then burn in eternal Fire, where the worm dieth not, and the Fire is not quenched.

The Fire must come, it is our choice to bring the Fire upon ourselves for a time, until the wickedness is gone. Or it is our choice to not have Fire within, and when judgement come, we will have to deal with eternal Fire.

Keep Jah Fire within

--------------------

Because of the evil of men, things will get worse and worse, and people will become more evil. Evil is self destruction, so it will be blotted out of the book of lfe. There will be a time when only righteousness will exist, and it will be that way because of Iternal Fire that will always burn so no evil can enter in the minds of man. Evil men will live no more, there will only be the descendants of Righteousness. The death of evil men will blot them out, that is also the Iternal Fire, because Life is the only thing that doesn't burn.

It is not that Jah is destroying them, it is that they destroy themselves because the way they walk doesn't fit with Jah Creation, and everything returns to Balance.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I