Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4886&start_row=11

Non natty dreads

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 11/1/2012 2:58:34 PM

Greetings,

The Nazarite vow is a form of separation from this materialistic, shallow world. InI do find it hard to follow the vow in the terms of not eating or partaking from the vine, it seem like everything made today has some grape seed or oil extract in it, but nevertheless, the symbolic message of the vow is the power, it tells for one to return back to the natural state yuh know before there was razors, mirrors, clothes, things that alter InI mind to worry about, the vanities yuh know. It tell i not to worry and live for Jah, the one who will provide for all, like how him privde for the birds and the plants while they remain seperated unto him. As a yute InI used to wear braids, styled dreads and put sportin waves inna I hair, even was a barber while I watch I father locks grow. I remember when I father asked I at 15 that, "I thought you will lock yuh hair by now and I said, that Ini not ready to join the cause'. I knew that life for I will haf to change, but now InI accept it wit open arms to be in this yuh world but not of it with joy. Blessed love

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/15/2012 11:58:00 PM

Greetings 1fortruth InI keep hearingabout theNazaright vowbut am not completely dure what it is,could you tell I wat it is? Jah bless

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 11/16/2012 9:52:09 AM

Yes-I, read numbers 6....but through I own Ixperience it is difficult to maintain this vow because it seems like everything uses a grape product, and InI don't have no turtle doves to sacrifice. But it can be viewed as idiation of the heart and physical action of appearance, InI live in a world where to look acceptable and sane and safe, one must wear a suit and tie, press or cut their hair and etc. The Nazarite vow leads one from the worldly view into closer proximtiy with Jah by naturality and not vanity. For InI people may deal with certain things like self-esteem and confidence but when we seek Jah in all our doings we won't care what people think and then we become "in this world and not of this world" basically break the chains of the strong hold babylon has on us. Also read 1 Samuel chapter 1 and 2, as well as 16:7.

P.S. also the nazarite vow is a blessing, but it doesnt save you persay, but it aides you

Give thanks and Blessed love

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/16/2012 2:46:55 PM

Give praise yo yhe I! Yhank yu for your wisdom !
One Lone

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I