Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4879&start_row=1

Troubled decision

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Livityinababylon Sent: 9/7/2012 2:00:04 PM

Greetings one and all, InI have a tough decision to make and the I would like to hear some opinions of the brederen and sisteren. InI have been tending I locks and following Jah path as best InI can for about 12 years now. InI decided last year become a paramedic and join the fire brigade. InI Love this work and InI believe it is what the I was called to do. However, In order for complete InI training the I must cut InI locks! InI know this will not change I heart but what about the I-dentity and I-Strength? Please, InI would like to reason about this troubling decision.
Jah strength and blessings to one and all!!!

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 9/7/2012 2:16:52 PM

In my opinion , you can say to them this is discrimination, im sure you could sue for something like that. It is a hairstyle i dont think people can tell you how to wear your hair.

how can they stop the i from completing a course because of the i's hair?

this is just showing how it is a game that they want you to play.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/7/2012 3:53:54 PM

When I started growing I locks. I made a decision to grow them and not cut them, if I wasn't willing to do that, I wouldn't have started growing them at all.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 9/7/2012 4:14:43 PM

watch out u desire to renew ur streangth like the eagle. u r a fireman at heart. seen? u know when where how why to start a fire and to put it out.

Messenger: Livityinababylon Sent: 9/7/2012 4:16:38 PM

Seen! Thank you for your reasoning. It is for safety and speed to have short hair, no lawsuits, either conform or go home, no question. Not allowed enter a burning building and, also Breathing apparatus will not seal properly without a shaven face. Question really is; Is a calling to save other peoples livity stronger than InI own I-dentity. Perhaps only InI meditation can answer that.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 9/7/2012 4:21:49 PM

it is very humble to serve the community, and humility comes before honour.

Messenger: chica Sent: 9/7/2012 4:38:10 PM

Greetings, Livityinbabylon

I had a discussion like this with a friend who recently lost her job because she decided to wear dreads. The way the company she worked for got around being sued is they trumped up other charges on her. She began to notice they treated you differently than other employees, making her do work which was not in her job description, trying to get a rise out of her.

Then one day, they began putting "incident reports" in her personnel file, saying she acted in an insubordinate manner to her superiors and things like that.

Babylon has her ways of making life for you hell, so much so that you will quit the job, and if you do not quit, then they trump up enough "charges" to fire you.

At the end of her ordeal, my friend was fired. She was fortunate enough to find another job after 3 weeks of being unemployed. What a blessing from Jah!

On the other hand, I was speaking with a rasta friend about this incident and he told me that HIM wore dreads as a younger person, but at some point, HIM did cut His dreads. He suggested to me that rasta means more than wearing dreads. Yet, my friend does wear dreads. He works for the sanitation department, so I suppose it does not matter about the wearing of dreads in that position. He keeps his hair covered when at work.

I asked him if he would cut his dreads if his job required it. He said that was a tough question and each person has to answer that question for themselves and weigh out the merits of their decision for themselves. I pray that through your meditation, Jah will reveal to you what you should do. Blessings...

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 9/9/2012 12:32:33 AM

A lion has a mane,
but the mane doesn't make the lion.

Iman would try to reason to keep I dread,
but as RastafarI say, everyone has a job and obligations to uphold.
To be dreaded is not to be one with RastafarI.
To strengthen INI relationship and honor HIM glory is to follow RastafarI.
Grasp the opportunity if you feel it is right.
Give thanks Brethren,
Peace

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/9/2012 2:06:22 PM

I father was a fireman, and a firefighter who loved to push the grooming rules at that, but the I is right that long locks and a beard could not be worn in a full modern firefighting rig. It is just not possible for the equipment to function without a perfect seal and if the seal was broken in a major fire, the I would be in danger of being horribly burned or suffocated. The I must already know just how hot and toxic it is in a burning building. The I could possibly negotiate over short locks, but the I would have to keep them trimmed at a certain length and keep a small beard.

The I has to Iditate in the Iself and Reason with the Most High to reach a decision. Give thanks for the Reasonings that Ones and Ones have already brought forward.

Blessed love

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/12/2012 11:59:38 AM

hair dont make a lion, a heart does.

better to be a hero with no dreads , than to be in need of a hero with you dreads

dont need to be a fire fighter to be a super hero or a saint and save lives

Rastafari are fire fighters rescuing Jah children from the fire of babylon.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I