Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4823&start_row=1

Rastafari in College

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: DMthePoet Sent: 8/15/2012 2:54:36 AM

I-n-I wish to study Rastafari in college, curious about what I options are.

I know there used to be an International Rastafari Advancement Seminary in New York, but I'm not sure if it still exists or how to find out. Also, UWI (U of West Indies) Mona, Kingston campus offers a few classes from a cultural studies standpoint, however I wish to study more from a theology stance.

I-n-I help is greatly appreciated, this search has been troublesome, Babylon keeps these things hidden.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/15/2012 9:16:04 AM

There is a reason you can't find a course on RasTafarI in college

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/16/2012 10:27:43 AM

Yes I,

Babylon can't study the Rastaman.

Messenger: DMthePoet Sent: 8/16/2012 10:30:42 AM

But, even the prophet Bob Marley's spiritual minister, Mortimer Planno taught at UWI Kingston, and I believe the Institute of Cultural Studies there has a Rastafari Studies discipline offered as of 2005/2006.

I-n-I understand what you're saying brethren, which is why I was hoping some actual Rastas were teaching something somewhere.

Either way, Kingston, Jamaica seems a good choice for I to reason with true brethren, aside from just the collegiate studies.

Bless Up.
Errol

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/16/2012 11:04:07 AM

In England there are a few Idren running an informative course on RastafarI.

Rastafari Council of Britain & African World Studies present 'Rastafari studies'

I attended the first session while I was down in London the weekend before last, and it is a very good structure and I'd vouch for the Idren running it any day. Obviously this one has started already and is all the way in England, but it will run again in other places.

Blessed love

Messenger: DMthePoet Sent: 8/16/2012 2:23:25 PM

Bless up, brethren...exactly the sort of studying I-n-I in search of.

I-n-I even considered a move to Brixton, or at least a vacation there, recently.

Yes mi lion,
Errol

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 8/27/2012 8:01:18 PM

Greetings Brethren and Sistren,

For all of those who desire to learn of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, for all those who yearn to build a relationship with the Almighty I, The Most High and hear of HIM accomplishments, here are a few sources of this wisdom:

Issembly for Rastafari Iniversal Education (IRIE)

"Man of the Millennium" (documentary)

I'm sure Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia would have a course on it's founder!

May the High Advisability and Consistency of His Majesty reign!!
A return to INI precepts and innate brilliance is needed in these dread times.
Babylon cannot hide what is within each one of us. Rastafari is not a "religion" or "ideology" that can be dissected by an institution built on a foundation of lies. Each one has the reason. Education thru Communication is what HIM say. Keep building INI relationship.

Peace

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/27/2012 8:45:19 PM

A Reasoning from Tony Tafari, one of the Idren who is running the RastafarI studies course I mentioned:

Rastafai 2.0 – Anthology of 21st Century Thinking and Thinkers

I'd never read that before just now, but I had heard the man Reason it before, and it raises a very good point. I and I have to take the initative when it comes to education about RastafarI, because there are plenty out there who would take I and I power of representation away and mis-represent I and I either accidentally out of ignorance or for more sinister purposes. Right now, babylon is trying to neuter I and I as a movement by trying to integrate I and I into their society and hide away the anti-colonial and African liberation elements, and reduce I and I to tame lions to be exhibted in a zoo. Now is the time for I and I to stand up and give a loud voice to I and I true thoughts and deeds, and if I and I let non-Rasta academics (whether the good or bad kind) do all the talking, then I and I have only I and Iselves to blame when people get completely the wrong impression of RastafarI.

Blessed love

Messenger: DMthePoet Sent: 9/6/2012 2:22:57 AM

Thank you brethren, Man of the Millennium was great.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 9/8/2012 4:47:46 AM

Marcus say a writing man is a writing man and a writing woman is a writing woman, but a reading man and wombman is exact.
RastafarI reveal Himself. I man no say "ras studies" coz i feel = "rass to die ss". No offence 2 dem researchers. bless.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I