Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4771&start_row=11

Two questions

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/24/2012 7:45:38 PM

"But more to do with him contradicting the teachings of the Most High, Jah RasTafarI whos words are essential for InI liberation". thats true i watched a iterview where he spoke about HIM and he said some things which confused me

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/24/2012 8:53:12 PM

Bring the words from the man forwards then and let I and I Reason on them. I can't say I've ever seen or heard Mutabaruka contradict the teachings of His Majesty, so bring the words the I thinks contradict His Majesty and let I and I compare them to the teachings.

Blessed love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/25/2012 5:11:40 AM

True dat bro Nazerite I. Dem should just reveal de so called contradictions. Why is dat some people seems to be tryin to use Selassie I name to discredit black liberators n fight against black man freedom. It is true dat der'are some theological deferences within de rastafari house. Why can't we just accept dat fact n be tolerant to one another? Why do some want to turn dis theological diversity to a conflicts? Why do dem want to put de name of His Marjesty into dis religious conflicts? What hepened to de tolerance dat Selassie I encouraged? Faith is a personal thing so it should not be used to divide rasta people n it should also not be used to fight against de emancipation n inification of Africa n Africans. Raspect to people like Muta fo shining de light dat Garvey n other black liberators shined. Blessed love.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/25/2012 4:31:19 PM

Greetings
I haven't got the time nor the will to post Mutabaruka's ramblings on this here RasTafarI forum. If the I searches you tube for muta on Religious hard talk, and Rastafari rising the I will find that muta....

Denies, attempts to disprove and ridicules the Bible.
Denies the Holy trinity
Confirms he doesnt regard the Emperor as the living God in the flesh
Talks against and ridicules Christ

Once ones have searched for and viewed these video's go a head and show I there is no contradiction between what he and our Jah and king teaches InI
-------
Emperor of Ethiopia, says:
WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.
No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of
infinite comfort.
"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?
Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.
Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying
point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and
guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.
RELIGION
We are gratified in particular, to note that the work of this conference has been concerned purely with religious, spiritual matters free from extraneous political considerations.
This is only fitting and proper, for the church, as a symbol of peace, must follow the path of peace in all parts of the world. For world peace can only be made abiding by the grace of God, through the prayers of the Holy Fathers. The truth of this cardinal fact is evident to all mankind.
Therefore, it has become the noble responsibility of Christians, and peoples of other faiths and their leaders throughout the world, to pray and to work hard for the preservation of world peace.
We have always been religious, ever since childhood, ever since the day our father, Ras Makonnen, taught us the commandment of Our Lord the Creator.
But we don't consider our religion alone valid and have granted the people the freedom to observe any religion they please.
We believe in the reunification of the churches, which is why we were so happy to meet Pope Paul VI during our voyage to Italy. We were greatly taken with him, we judged him a man of superior capacity, especially as regards his intention to work towards church unity. He received us with great friendliness.
-------
Black Heart Im not trying to discredit any one . Mutabaruka has done that by himself from the time he started to believe he was wiser and Higher than the Most High, Jah RasTafarI. We not talking about theological differances between houses here we talking about the words of God not being followed by his so called followers. Its not that Im bringing Selassie I words into play to prove a point bredren. Im bringing Selassie I words into play because there InI commandments which InI must obey, follow.live and love. Anything else and its Not RasTafarI but man.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/26/2012 1:46:02 AM

Greetings. Brother Mathew, I man did see part of de video de I talk about. Der's nothing wrong with what him said. He was ifending rasta livity n using facts instead of bein bias like many. What Muta does in questioning de bible is part of rasta livity. He was right to question de existance of de Jesus dem talk about in de bible. I n I know de bible n de name Jesus came with slave masters n was used during de killing of black people. So we black people need to question those things like Muta does. Many people like to use dat speech of HIM Selassie I to prevent any questioning of de bible amonst rastas. But dem never bother demselves to find out who HIM was talkin to n why. Was he talkin to rasta people n other non christian faiths? HIM knew dat der'are lot of people who don't use de bible but he never branded dem to be bad because of dat. He also didn't seh dem are contradicting his teachings instead he encouraged tolerance. De truth is dat I n I black people were livin ina Africa without any bible n christianity fo many years yet I n I knew good n bad. When de bible n christianity arrive it was presented with fear such dat I n I black people became scared to question anything writen in de bible or said in christianity. Many never bothered demselves to try n serch fo de real truth like Muta does. Rasta people have made a mistake of relying too much on christianity such dat some of christianity myths are inherited by some rastas. So when rastafarians like Muta start to deeply question some of de things dat many are afraid to question some like u start to judge dem. Why? Are u perfect dat u brand others to be bad? Rasta people need to do lot of research like Muta does instead of relying on christianity myths to ifend rasta livity. All I n I need is to live in Jah light instead of judging one anada over de bible. Jah light is love. Selah.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/26/2012 2:01:16 PM

Matthew, are you a white man? Just curious. You sound like a white man to me. Your writings sound a bit like a white man trying to fit into a black world. If such is the case, now you know how WE feel as black people trying to fit in a white world. That's why we come out of that and celebrate our own world, our own selves. At least that is what I am learning as I delve into the rasta philosophy of life. Are you comfortable in the rasta community or are you feeling some discomfort? I mean no disrespect, I just really want to know what it is like from a white man's perspective... that is, if you are, indeed a white man.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/26/2012 3:11:40 PM

Greetings Empress

Yes I am a white man and very comfortable in I own skin as I am comfortable around ones of all races and ethnicities. Which parts of I reasoning sounds like that of a white man Empress? by saying I sound like a white man do you mean I sound like a white oppressor? Or just your everyday working class white person?
In the real world I am very comfortable with and around I RasTafarI bredren. Although Empress you are correct as of late I am feeling some discomfort being amongst some ones on this forum. It is Strange to me that you would say it seems like Im trying to fit in though. If that was the case would I be standing firm by Iself on this topic? You see for I the only one I wish to fit in with is I Jah and King, if the whole world goes one way and I Majesty says go the other way, then its with I Majesty I must stand. I Majesty is the Defender of the Faith, so It makes no sense to I when I hear ones taking I majestys name then disraspecting HIS faith. To I that is not right so I stand against it. Do anyones believe Mutabaruka and others would say the same things they saying today if they where in the presence of The Emperor? If not then why think they can get away with it today? Isnt I Majesty with InI today? Arnt InI supposed to be guided by and trod in unity with RasTafarI? How can ones claim RasTafarI if they want to be seperate from RasTafarI?

Blessed Love

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 7/26/2012 3:54:06 PM

"Do anyones believe Mutabaruka and others would say the same things they saying today if they where in the presence of The Emperor?"

I was thinking that too.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/26/2012 4:38:44 PM

Just as it is a mistake to blindly accept everything in the bible, because man's foolishness has been mingled with the Heights of God, it is also a mistake to go the opposite way and ignore it, because there is so much wisdom from God in it.

Black Heart, the I said
-----------------
Many people like to use dat speech of HIM Selassie I to prevent any questioning of de bible amonst rastas. But dem never bother demselves to find out who HIM was talkin to n why.
-----------------

And many people make comments about the audience Selassie I was speaking to ignore teachings of Selassie I that they don't want to deal with.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

If it was only for a particular audience, why would Selassie I say "for all humanity". Also, Selassie I say "For my part I glory in the Bible." Do you really think that if he was speaking to RasTafarI people and was asked if He glories in the Bible, he would say "no" because he is talking to RasTafarI people and not Christians?

Here are some Reasonings I made before

-------------------------
So many people never wanted to heed the words of Selassie I from since the beginning. Even the first Man and Woman didn't want to heed. When Selassie I came in old times, He taught people so much greatness and how to Live in the example and direction of the Most High Jah RasTafarI. But soon after Christ was crucified, they disregarded His teachings and come and convince people that they are saved from their sin because Christ was crucified. Even though Selassie I already told I and I how to be saved from sin as it is recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And what Selassie I taught I and I was not what they claimed, He showed I and I that we are saved from sin by becoming One with the Most High Living Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect.

They just tried to find any excuse to not Live the way of Christ, either because of his resurrection, or the claimed mistranslations of parts they didn't want to accept. And the excuses got worse and worse over the centuries.

Then Selassie I came again in these times. And taught I and I that the way that he told us before is still the way today. And also taught I and I other things that we forgot, that would guide us in these times. And now some people try many ways to make excuses to not Live the way of Selassie I.

I have heard some try to say that his words were mistranslated, so that they could ignore some things that Selassie I say. Others say that since he said this or that to a certain group of people, then we don't have to live by it because it wasn't addressed for us. Or others come and say "where did Selassie I ever say that he is a teacher", they try to imply that Selassie I is not a teacher and the things Selassie I said were not teachings for I and I. And every time that people come and say these things, they want to replace the teachings of Selassie I with their own philosophy. They will pick this a that thing that Selassie I say to join with their philosophy, but disregard any thing that Selassie I say that goes against their philosophy.

Selassie I hold firm to both the Old and New Testament of Creation because they are One and the same, nothing changed except the people because they moved away from Creation.

The New Race that Selassie I speaks about is the Iriginal way of Creation, it is just new to those that have forgotten this way for so many generations, from since the time of Cain and Abel.

Some people come with their own new way that they want to call RasTafarI and try to use it to discredit and speak against the Bible and put down others who look to the Bible for guidance.

Some people come and want to say that they have evolved into a different philosophy. How can moving away from Haile Selassie I and toward something else be considered evolving to a man or woman who calls themself by the name of RasTafarI? These arrogant people want to imagine that in the past 20-30 years or whatever, they have evolved to some higher understanding. Do these people who claim such things think they are higher than Selassie I?

It has been over 2000 years since the New Testament was written, but Selassie I never move away from it, instead He Loves and Promotes it. It has been many more thousands of years since the Old Testament was written, but Selassie I never move away from it, instead He Loves and Promotes it.

After all these centuries, Haile Selassie I King of Kings Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, never went towards something else, but remained with the Livity that has not changed from since the beginning of Creation. And after Haile Selassie I show the example of the Unchangeable, some want to come in His name and say they have evolved higher than the Unchangeable example Selassie I set.

Some people see the Bible as everything and put most of their focus on that; while others see the Bible as a chain and bondage tool of the churches and feel it should not be dealt with, and put their focus somewhere else. I wanted to make clear that those are not the only viewpoints and that my viewpoint is not with either of them.

The reason I decided to add more to this post is because if people look at this post, but don't know some of the other things I say related to this, they might think that I am of the viewpoint that I first mentioned where people see the Bible is everything. So I wanted to make I viewpoint clear so that people sight exactly what I am saying.

In I view, the Bible is not the source of RasTafarI Livity and is not necessary for I and I trod, it only speaks about the Livity. The source of RasTafarI Livity is the Creator and the Livity was there long before the Bible or any religion was formed. The Bible is a book that shows how people lived and thought at a certain time, it shows both righteousness and unrighteousness. RasTafarI Livity can be found in the Bible and people can start to learn about RasTafarI Livity when they learn to see which actions and thought written about in the Bible are of the Iriginal Livity of Righteousness. Also, the Iriginal Livity of Righteousness can be found written about in the guidance books of most ways of Life, and also just as in the Bible, most other books also show the misunderstandings of the people. And without books, the Iriginal way of Creation was passed down from generation to generation by people teaching their children, but just as with the books, it was mixed with people's misunderstandings. The Iriginal way of Creation is in each and every one of us, most just resist that part of us that guides us in Right, and also learn to ignore the rebuke and correction from that same part of us when we do wrong.

I can see why the people who decide to forsake the Bible do so, because they probably see as I have also seen how so many people use the Bible as an indoctrination tool, they use it to indoctrinate themselves into one of the churches; and among people who begin to sight RasTafarI, they end up using the bible to indoctrinate themself into the Ethiopian Orthodox faith. They put their concentration on the self-pacification they learned from the church, and stop concentrating on the purpose of RasTafarI people in these times, to perform the works of the seven seals and also to uplift Jah people. And in so many instances of this, the people eventually stop seeing RasTafarI as God, and many eventually even come to a point where they speak against Haile Selassie I.

And also on the other side, I have seen those who decide to forsake the Bible and focus on something else eventually stop seeing RasTafarI as God, and many eventually even come to a point where they speak against Haile Selassie I.

The original reasoning in this post was directed to what I hear from the second viewpoint, where people forsake the bible. And even though I don't think the bible is necessary, I also won't be silent when people speak about it like it is some kind of wickedness, because it is not that either. I look at the Bible for what it is, not what the churches use it for.

I focus is on the Iriginal way of Creation, to Learn what I have more to Learn and Rise Higher. I have learned much from the Bible, Haile Selassie I and from many other people and cultures, and I have also learned so much by thinking and searching I mind and Irits. I have never gone to an Ethiopian Orthodox Church because that is not I place, I Church is I people, whenever I and I gather together, I and I presence is the Church, and even when I and I are alone with Jah, I and I presence is the Church. If I ever enter a Church of the Religions, it is only as a visitor and representative of RasTafarI, I can never be under their control. Never forget that the root of the word religion is the french word religare, which means to bind (tie up) quickly.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/26/2012 4:40:37 PM

INI IS TRUELY HURT AND OFFENDED. "You say Jesus came with slave masters" PURE FALSE TEACHINGS!!!! Just because a person who's skin was white commits blasphemy on Yesuah name you blame YESUAH!?!?! How do you even claim to be with JAH if you disrespect Jah!!! How do you claim to love Jah when you hate his people?!?! How do you claim to be RASTA if you bun him teachings.. I say to you that is the same reasoning the slave master follow and you are still in slavery.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I