Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4599&start_row=1

Joshua 5 -13

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/29/2012 10:31:27 AM

Greetings
What does "captain of the host of the LORD" mean?
Is this Christ in the Old Testament?

Blessed Love
---------------------
Josh.5 Verses 13 to 14

[13] And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
[14] And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
------------------------------------

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/29/2012 12:08:32 PM

Yes I. Christ is Lord over all eternity. Notice that Joshua...lifted up his eyes...there stood a man...who says that:... as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. Selah. for what porpose? for the battle against Jericho, to fight for Israel. In the Book of Daniel 12:1, we read: AND at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:... Selah. Do you notice the word STOOD/STAND in both these references? Christ action and porpose is one and the same.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/29/2012 2:40:24 PM

Thanks Bredren
Reading that passage I had a vision of Joshua bowing to his Jah and King RasTafarI.
chapter 5 ends with this and chapter 6 doesnt make mention of it, left I feeling that something was left out or omitted from I Bible, is such a important event to only be covered in two passages

Blessed Love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/29/2012 11:27:09 PM

In the beginning of the battle of Jericho, the captain of of the host of the Lord is now come, He is Present to the end. He is the cheif advisor of Joshua in the conduct of war: He speaks in chapter 6 verse 2 to 5: He is the Voice of God. Take note of the rules of engagment laid down to Joshua, General of the army of Israel: In the higher dimention, the host of the Lord will fight simultaneously. Jericho could never be conqured by mortals. The fall of Jericho is both physical and spiritual warfare.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 3/1/2012 7:50:27 AM

Yes I
The night before the battle Jah showed Joshua who it was he was fighting for, RasTafarI will never leave InI side, can only draw strength from that, We must be like Joshua and totally submit to the Most High especially at these times

AND WE KNOW WE SHALL WIN AS WE ARE CONFIDENT IN THE VICTORY OF GOOD OVER EVIL

JAH. RASTAFARI

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/1/2012 8:49:03 AM

Speaking of battles, today is the 116th anniversary of the battle of Adowa in 1896 where the Ethiopians defeated the babylonian Roman army.

I was reading a pdf about the Battle of Adowa, and I learned that the Italian invasion only happened with the tacit approval of the British government, who considered the Italians to be a fellow colonial power in Africa. The Italians made a treaty with the Ethiopian government that said different things in the Amharic and Italian versions of the treaty, and the Italians used this as a pretext to invade Ethiopia.

The Ethiopians still managed to inflict a crushing defeat on the Italians and remained the only independent African country at that time.

Battle of Adowa pdf

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 3/1/2012 9:35:15 AM

Yes I,
Britian didn't want to help Selassie I during his time cause they were allies w/ italy at that time also and were hoping italy would conquer so they can move in and take over Ethiopia. They only helped because as Selassie said what's happening in his country could happen in theirs and it did so to save face they went against italy. Babylon has two faces, one will smile and be your friend while the other plots against you.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 3/1/2012 3:59:38 PM

I have reasoned this before and will reason again. 1896 is the prophetical year marking the end of 1290 years of babylon universal/catholic domination/sway, which began in 606 AD, when Boniface III was pope. This is infered from The Book of Daniel chapter 12 verse 11: And from the time that the daily sacrifices shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Selah.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I