Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=453&start_row=1

Being Dread inside without being outside

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 10/17/2004 4:02:30 PM

Greetings I,
The picture of I-man that many people have is somebody with "dread locks". I do nuh have dreads but I feel dread inside, ya know what I mean? I think I have to grow in the inside before I will grow my Dreads. And I think I am more dread than all the babylon children wearing fashion locks...
What do you think about that?

Jah bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/17/2004 11:52:40 PM

The Spirit and Ways of Jah must always be inside. When the I is ready to grow your locks, then the I will know. It is best not to grow them if you will cut them. First be sure that this is the path the I wants to take.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 10/18/2004 9:04:08 AM

The I is coming from rasta-revolution.de, right?

Selah

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 10/18/2004 10:36:20 AM

Right.

Jah Bless all the Idren

Messenger: dreadlion40 Sent: 10/18/2004 11:07:26 PM

Greetings to all: this is IanI first time posting to this site. Yes I get your education first then grow your locks, however the choiceis up to the I.This way the I will have the knowledge instead of being a fashion or commercial dreadlocks.Rastafari starts inside then works outside. I bet half of the people who wear locks nowadays dont know the first thing about what they represent let alone having any knowledge of Rastafari....respect...Dreadlion

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 10/19/2004 5:40:27 AM

it is the same thing with the skinheads.
not every one who can not (or doesn't want to) grow hair is a nazi or a skinhead.

the other way around there are also brethren and sistren who don't grow locks. so one can't know rasta from looking at one's locks.
this is what confuses people.

and it's also the same with symbols and signs. the "hakenkreuz" (don't know the english name for it) originally isn't a sign for nazi, but is a sign for the sun, which has its origin in india. hitler only copied it and changed it to a totaly different meaning.

for one person a certain sign means something different than for another person. it could confuse people or cause a bad sight of someone (like thinking of an indian he's a nazi because he got that sun-symbol on his shirt). so be careful with using signs and symbols.

one must always think and know about the context in which a sign is used.

Sela

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/20/2004 11:56:40 PM

DreadLion40 said,

-----------------------
Rastafari starts inside then works outside.
-----------------------

He reminded I of a reasoning I made on the forum some time ago.

---------------------
My mother wanted I to contact a Serbian Orthodox priest in Toronto. I went to the church and explained to the priest I livity, and why I grow I locks. He asked I a few questions, and I had an answer to all of them. He laughed and said "you have an answer to every question"

He then said to I "You could live good and keep your faith in your heart, without growing your hair like that."

I replied to him and said, "What is on the inside must come out"

He just smiled and their was nothing else he could say to I about it.
---------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 10/21/2004 6:32:39 AM

I first have to think a lot on rastafari before starting to show I feelin's and thoughts and therefore grow I locks.
But probably there will be the time when I feel ready to go da way of RastafarI da rest of I life. Because that is what I connect with Dreads: They NEVER shall be cut.
Thats the way I think I've to go.

JAH bless

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/21/2004 1:42:53 PM

Just because I cut my hair don't think I am bowing to the Pope. It is not so. I am at war with the Pope and with all evil traditions, but this is the way that I choose to fight the war, because I find it necessary.
Today men are persecuted for simple things like growing their locks, and the words they speak, and the ideas they teach others, and what they believe. So be wise.
This is a personal choice each man must make, and I respect haile the man who stand up for the natural order and never cut his hair. But I respect the man who cut his hair more, because he is more real.
For some of us it is not a problem to grow locks, because of how the world is. For example musicians gain from locks, and those who are self-employed can sometimes grow locks without negative side effects. Some people are fortunate to have a good job and a boss who accepts their traditions. But a man who is looking for a better job, and who is not a musician or an actor, and who doesn't have his own business, that man is not wise to grow his locks, in my opinion.
So when you see a man with a so-called clean hairstyle, don't look down on him, he might be a warrior. Remember this is a good style of war, guerilla warfare. I try to look like them so that I can take part in the benefits that come with looking that way. Don't think a man is bowing just because he goes along with the system in some ways. Sometimes it is just a battle maneuver.

Messenger: Ganjaduchess Sent: 10/21/2004 2:37:03 PM

being dread dosen'treally mean you in fact have to have dreads once you are spiritually connected to jah that is all the dread you need to be

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I