Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4456&start_row=1

chawa question

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 11/4/2011 12:29:39 PM

Iman have a question about the chawa. In the past InI have made a couple and the problem I'm having is keeping the wata from soaking through. One idren said to use a laquer to seal it but that didn't work so the last one I made I didn't seal it with anything and it cracked while drying. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Bless

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 11/22/2011 3:39:50 PM

I know a few ways of sealing it but I need to know what the I is trying to make the cup out of first and what method the I is using to shape it. Water leaking out of the cup shouldn't be happening, whether it's sealed or not.

Blessed love.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 11/24/2011 7:09:46 AM

Iman am using a coconut and am using it to smoke with. The problem InI am having is after cleaning the coconut from the inside the wood of the nut is exposed and the wata starts to soak through the wood after time.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 11/24/2011 8:41:58 AM

The best method I have found for sealing a coconut is to pour in molten bees wax and swill it round the inside of the cup while it is still liquid. That will at least seal the bottom of the cup where the water has been leaking. It wants to cover a couple of centemeters above the line of the water.

Blessed love.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I