Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4389&start_row=1

Searching for Jah

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 8/20/2011 10:19:15 AM

I come here humbly and honestly without pretence, I as a man feel I have reached a point in my life where I feel I must be honest with myself regarding who and what I am. I have been drawn too Rastafari for over half my life, since a youth of 13 years, it has been a on and off affair, I come searching for something from time too time, but I never seem too achieve the heights.

I feel torn between the me I am now and the me I want too be I believe as a man I am weak hearted and lack the courage to make the changes needed. I have a womb man and a young family who I love greatly, recently I think about my wombman if she really knows me. she knows the me who is the same as every one else in society, the cigarette smoking, meat eating, alcohol drinking atheist.

I know in my heart these are not the things that make me, but I have a conscious me that aches every time I do these things and act a certain way in order too be the illusion people believe too be me, I worry about my children and the example I am setting, I fear they will grow in babylon not knowing the den of iniquity and illusion it is

I have lately been reading the bible in secrecy old testament from genesis, I find some solace in parts. but question a lot of it, ie Jah creating the world in 6 days? the flood and two of every species fitting onto a boat? the sons of israel raping and murdering and Jah being OK with it? the story of exodus touched me deeply, but then as it continues and the people seem saved, Jah demands of moses material possesions and churches and alters made from gold? this confuses me, but I will continue to read in search of ?...........

I see the rastafarian movement as a oneness of the people, a redemption for the original ancient people of this world who have been down trodden in these times, a way back too oneness of life and the natural order of all things, unity of man kind,
but when I look upon the movement I can see division, division between houses of rastafari, division between the people of rastafari due to beliefs, race, livity and ego, it seems to me people are willing to take His Majesty name without listening too his words understanding his teachings or following his life, this reminds me of religions which have oppressed and divided the people for a long time

as a man when I read his majestys words I feel uplifted, like the words he speaks I already know or have the same opinions it makes so much sense, but when I meditate on Jah, Christ, H.I.M, I feel distracted and lost, sometimes I try too talk to H.I.M but then hear a little voice in my head saying. what are you doing you must be mad there is no one or nothing there

Please do not judge me but I beg help me with your Guidance and FIRE

Peace and Love

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/20/2011 11:14:25 AM

Greetings...

I liked your honesty. The Bible is extremely esoteric and for the most part, is not a literal account. Examples of morality and humanity sure, take them at face value, creation of earth in 6 days, resting on the 7th...is analogous to your higher self and its recovery, we open 6 chakras and upon the 7th (samadi, nirvana, heaven, etc..)is achieved an' you rest upon it. That's one example of an esoteric interpretation applicable to the Bible...don't take things literally and let them drive you crazy, it's a waste of time and energy.

Through reading the Bible and following His Majesty's example of earthly human perfection we are directed back to ourselves. It may sound cliche but we are truly the microcosm and until we have recovered a full overstanding and mastery of ourselves we will remain unable to fully overs the things which surround us. As long as you doubt your capabilities and the energy with which you are endowed then you will not make manifest the life you truly want for yourself. His Majesty is the example...Christ is a state of God consciousness...

Selam

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 8/25/2011 8:36:21 PM

Thanks for the blessings SonofMan, I have taken your advice and applied it, I feel in a much better place, stronger and more focused, I have indeed found comfort in his majesty's words and those of the bible, I asked Jah to guide me in this journey and too deliver me from temptation, My livity has improved, I have given up tobacco and alcohol and have opened up my concious side too my wifey, these are just small things, but who was it that said even the longest journey starts with one step?

Nuff Raspect

Messenger: rastajedi Sent: 8/28/2011 7:01:57 PM

Greetings bred, and congratulations! It requires a great deal of faith to experience the mystical aspects of InI Father's blessings. So long as you accept in your Heart that H.I.M. is the returned Christ Almighty then the rest will work itself out. Perhaps you should give the Bible a pause in order to become familiar with the hidden texts. The Book of Enoch is an excellent start along with the Holy Kebra Negast. I remember what you're feeling and it can be overwhelming, especially for a young father. You feel in your heart that Jah is the Truth; always trust your heart. Be sure to cover your head during prayer and love ya wife. Protection and Guidance

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/29/2011 1:21:26 AM

greetings,

i was reading the book of enoch on heaven net, and it was talking about marriage, judgement on fornicators and God has reserved holy ones whos name are written in heaven and cannot marry. How do u know If God wants u to marry a wife? He said be fruitful and multiply, and its kind of a sin not to marry because u have to learn to love ur wife rather than just loving ur self and be joint heirs in the grace of life.

yene nardos yene geta

Messenger: rastajedi Sent: 8/29/2011 1:04:13 PM

It is my understanding that the verses you are referring to are in regards to the 144,000 who are sealed unto Jah in the last days. Live your life; you needn't ride with the warriors to know the love of our Father. Love your Family Jah has blessed you with. In time your mind will quiet and His voice you will hear.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/29/2011 10:56:24 PM

amen

ammesegenu

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/29/2011 11:49:20 PM

Matthew, you said,

---------------
I believe as a man I am weak hearted and lack the courage to make the changes needed
---------------

And so it will be. You have chained your fate by your faith in weakness.

The only thing that will break these chains is Faith in Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. When I and I have Faith in God, weakness has no place, I and I Blaze it.

==========================================================================================================================================
Willing Failure, Willing Weakness

When a person has faith that they will fail, and that they will strive to live perfect in Selassie I ways but always fall short, it is willing failure and a serious sin. It might seem like a small thing on the surface, but when people spread such notions, it is more destructive than much of the other foolishness that people spread. To teach people to have faith in such lowness is such a destruction and will keep anybody who believes in it away from RasTafarI.

The only way to accomplish a thing is to have Faith that it will be accomplished. Having faith in less than that is gauranteed failure.

Imagine if a person wants to start a business and has the firm belief that they will not be successful in the business, but will just strive to be successful, until they finally succumb to their unavoidable failure. They are defeated before they even start, and their business will surely end in failure, and will likely end quickly.

If it were only to a business that this destructive philosophy was being applied to, it would be better. But it is being applied to a place so much more serious and important, a person's Irits. Willing failure. That is a sin that I blaze serious Fire on, it is a sin that can bring forth every other sin and destruction. That duppy is like a parasite or virus, spreading doubt, lowness and failure.

RasTafarI people must know that faith in failure only brings failure, and that I and I must always have Faith in the Most High God RasTafarI Haile Selassie I for every thing, including that I and I will be made Perfect while I and I have breath, in this very second if I and I Faith is strong enough. It is only our choice and preference for slackness and our doubt that prevents it. Fire Burn that slackness and doubt until it is no more, Fire Burn excuses and delay. Fire Burn everything that is contrary and disagreeable, Fire Burn until only Pure Fire remains, with Pure Fire is Pure Righteousness, because Fire only destroys wickedness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sight Fire as a good thing, because it burns the wickedness inside and outside. Some prefer to keep the wickedness within, or they have too much wickedness, so they don't like the Fire because it burns too much.

The scripture below is the best way to look at Jah Fire. It is a strength and purification for those that want to live in righteousness, but it is a destruction and torment for those that desire wickedness.

Mark 9
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

The way I interpret salt in this scripture is that Salt is Fire. That is why he said "For every one shall be salted with fire".

In verse 50 where it says,

50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

I see this verse as:

Fire is good: but if the Fire has lost its strength, what can you burn with it? Have Fire in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Christ is showing I and I that we will all go through the Fire, that is why he says "For every one shall be salted with fire". So it is better for I and I to blaze the Fire upon ourselves, to burn out wickedness when I and I see it. Instead of waiting for when we die, to burn eternally in the eternal Fire.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Christ is showing I and I to burn away any part of ourselves (thoughts and actions) that is wickedness. Because it is better to enter into Life without that part, then to keep that part, and then burn in eternal Fire, where the worm dieth not, and the Fire is not quenched.

The Fire must come, it is our choice to bring the Fire upon ourselves for a time, until the wickedness is gone. Or it is our choice to not have Fire within, and when judgement come, we will have to deal with eternal Fire.

Keep Jah Fire within

Fire is Good
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==========================================================================================================================================

Faith

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 8/30/2011 3:23:30 AM

Greetings Rasjedi
Thank you for the positive words and guidance. I truly do feel blessed, I am actually trying to get hold of a copy of both of these books , I know they're available online but I often feel distracted and un able to meditate to the fullness unless I'm reading a physical copy.

ARK I
Be blessed for the Fire, I have actively cast it upon myself, and continue to seek it out, I am gaining strength of character at the hands of the almighty continually.

The emperor certainly lit a fire in my heart when I read HIS words below within minutes of finding the Is site and starting this topic I knew He was speaking directly to me and any doubt in what I needed to do and who he is was cast away in the same fire.

Blessed love and Praises given to MY God and King, JAH RASTAFARI

"To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul.

"Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being. Whenever conflict arises between material and spiritual values, the conscience plays an important role and anyone who suffers from a guilty conscience is never really free from this problem until he makes peace with himself and his conscience.

"Discipline of the mind is a basic ingredient of genuine morality and therefore of spiritual strength. Spiritual power is the eternal guide, in this life and the life after, for man ranks supreme among all creatures. Led forward by spiritual power, man can reach the summit destined for him by the Great Creator.

"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by.

"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God.

"However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate. The love shown by our God to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ, to do all in our power to see to it that the message of salvation is carried to those of our fellows who have not had the benefit of hearing the good news.

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and council of God will bear no lasting fruits; they will not be acceptable in the sight of God. It will therefore come to naught as the tower of Babel came to naught. The grace of God is Eternal. Angels in Heaven and the Creation on Earth sing His Praise . We thank the Master of the world Almighty God. Power belongs to God. May God Our Creator, the Helper and Guiding Light of us all grant you His Wisdom that you may bear fruits for His Glory

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 8/30/2011 3:43:09 AM

Just to add I know who H.I.M is referring to when he refers to the mystics for that is H.I.M

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I