Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4301&start_row=1

Seeking truth and wisdom

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Wisco Sent: 4/16/2011 5:22:58 PM

Greetings to all, I'm Corey and I have been looking for answers through the books and bibles of time.. also listening to many different people on their opinions. I am concerned mostly about what can happen after our bodies die. I hold a philosophy in which it is of utmost importance to love your brothers and sisters and this world we live in. I also submit to the idea that our creator of heaven, earth, and all things seen or unseen should be respected. However I am not sure if simply the love I have in my heart and the way I live my life is enough to carry my soul on into the next life... am I wrong to think this way? I try my best to find the answers and live life best I can. Thanks for reading and responding hopefully

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/18/2011 7:27:51 PM

Greetings...

I think your questions are good ones, things we should all be giving our deepest consideration to. However, your question, "if simply the love I have in my heart and the way I live my life is enough to carry my soul on into the next life... ", gets an answer simple enough. You are, we all are, energy of some sort, the first law of thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So if the body dies, no matter what kind of person you are ( + or - ), your life will continue in some form or another, call it the next life if you want (I see it as the next phase if you will, but still a continuation of what always has been). I can't say what happens after the great transition, but I do think it's good to be extremely aware of its inevitability and study the philosophies of the ancients, who are usually more adept at overstanding the realities of things which are now so overlooked. Bhuddists touch on this subject a great deal. We can reason more if you like...

Selam

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 4/19/2011 6:12:37 AM

Perhaps you would find that if you stopped concentrating on death and looked to life instead, you would have a better overstanding. I and I pay no heed to death and it is foolish to speculate what happens after since no man has ever come back from it to say.
All I and I know is that I and I are alive so I and I must live to the fullest and prepare so that I and I children who come after I and I can live to the fullest and carry on preparing for the next generations.
Concentrate on living good for the sake of living good rather than because of fear of death.

Blessed love.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/19/2011 11:02:22 AM

Greetings...

I think people fear death because it is an unknown, however, One lives good not for fear of death but out of respect for life. As long as Ones treat the transition of death as a source of life's finality it will always be a subject avoided rather than embraced.

We have always been alive and we always will be. Death is just a word attached to a transition point in life, but it's all life still. Ones need not think of death as the opposite of life; when life is the fullness of all existence death becomes a part of life.

I am absolutely of the opinion that His Majesty prepared mentally and physically for His own transition, but did so with the knowledge that as He is eternal there is no fear of non existence. Remember we are in the world not of it. His Majesty Christ Selassie I bore that cross without no hesitation. I think ignoring the inevitable is kind of crazy, why not prepare mentally and physically for One of the most powerful events our life shall know?

Selam

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I