Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4282&start_row=1

Times are Hard

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/31/2011 1:33:26 PM

greetings,

I man been dealing with depression, ''cold ground was my bed last night, and the rock my pillow too, talking blues. I tried working, theres really no jobs available, i have no motivation for school, ganja isnt even working wonders like it used to do in the past. I know Solomon said beware of the days of darkness for there will be many, I man living in those days. I miss Zion. What do i do to rise up? I'm hearing so many voices in my head and i dont know who to trust. Its bad, do i need depression medications?

Someone help

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/31/2011 7:56:16 PM

greetings,

I man been getting stronger, i guess like Petros Tosh said, ''if you pick yourself up, thats all you got to do'''. I just need help on these voices, i hear voices from haile selassie, devil and people. How do i know what voice to heed to and i dont want to listen to a voice that a devil tries to act like Jonhoy

one love

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/4/2011 12:12:07 AM

Blessing,

I too have been in this continual spiritual battle.

Satin was allways around Christ offering another way than Jahs even to the end at the crucifixion.

Satin will always be there but INI will allways turn toward Jah.

Every moment we must rise to Zion because the lest moment is not now.
Continually move up.

There is no top with Jah if INI reached the top there would be no where else to go besides down, how INI seem to feel now...

But when INI decide to move toward Jah away from satin More Praises and More Thankful To the Most High INI are caus Jah Prevails .

INI got to trust ourselves to know who INI can trust.

Awareness , never let it go, darkness is allways there, unless we put our attention of awareness on the light of Jah to diminish satins nonsense darkness depression.

Eat your bread and communion, this is what satin is trying to prevent...but........INI continual Thanks and Praises to Jah will never cease....In hard times or good times, Praises to Jah

High tide or low tide, Jah be by ya side Rasta.
Praise Jah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/4/2011 8:03:21 PM

Young Lion,

Become more dread and strict with yourself, kick yourself in the ass and don't settle for any kind of foolishness. The more the I dwells on your depression, the worse it will become. Instead, learn to make your mind dwell on happiness, because no matter how bad things are, there is always reasons for happiness, I and I just need to Learn to see them when they pass by, and also bring those Heights into ourselves. And if you can't find happiness right now, then find usefulness, do something or make something and also turn your mind into what it should be; Look at Selassie I, Marcus and Emmanuel Teachings and Learn to Live them. Don't settle for idleness, whether Iritually or physically.

You showed that quote from Marley, for some people, cold ground was literally their bed last night, and the rock or concrete was their pillow. Some people have such a bed even in the middle of winter.

Your life is so much easier than so many people in this world experience. And many of those people who have a much harder life, have found happiness in at least parts of their lives.

The I says their are no jobs available, like Marcus Say,

Man who cannot get no work, make work, be creative.

So make work if you can't find work. Look at your skills, knowledge and abilities and find something to do. Pick up a knife and carve some things out of wood, and try to sell it. Go around and find work that people need done. Those are only two of many possible suggestions, I don't say them because I think you should do either one, I just picked two examples of many. Find what is Right for the I.

Check the link below, it is a song from Culture. I am not saying you are like the person he is singing about. The reason I am showing the song is the positive things Joseph Hill is Teaching in it.

Rise up and do something for yourself

Messenger: Ras Gina Sent: 4/10/2011 9:33:25 PM

Bless,
I am new to this site, i hope my post works here.

OK, YES, Times are Hard
AND, I'd like to say that Depression is a Mental Illness. AND, I think you should definitely go and find some community mental health center asap. Becuz, depression can be fatal Man. And, here is how I see it. There is some chemical MISSING in your mind that is making u depressed, SO taking a medication is only REPLACING what you don't HAVE.

It's simple. We have some members in the family that have certified
depression. The medication can save ur life. So, forget the stigma and save yourself Bro. Now, it should clear your mind,,,which is not able to clear itself, because of the missing Seratonin, or Dopamine or whatever is missing,,,seen.
Men, tend to want to tough it out. They are the worst to get help. But, forget about that. And, once ur able to THINK ClEARLY, u will feel better. (cuz it's also anxiety, right?)
Yeah, Depression/ Anxiety - they go under the same umbrella. Now, you can usually get the right med, (they might hit it right the first time, or if it isn't working right, they'll try another type)
They are trying usually to figure out if it's dopamine or seratonin that is needed. Seen.
AFTER you get a straight mind and some STABILITY, seen, you'll have to face whatever it is. It will be a relief, trust me and THEN, You can (maybe in a year - cuz it sounds like u've been needin' the help for a while) You CAN try ALOT of different NATURAL METHODS)
KAVA KAVA is one that I use.

As far as the reefer. You are probably in need of a detox, cuz U've probably built up a BIG Tolerance and that's Medically Documented TOO. I don' think u should detox reefer now, CUZ it can be REALLY, REALLY Depressing. I know people who did it,,,,and they do it one month each year,,,just to OVERCOME the tolerance that they built up.
BUT, it can't be done cold turkey. If you've NEVER detoxed from
reefer, don' ever try it Bro. Of course they'll ask u if you use any drugs. Well, I'll leave that up to you. But, hey reefer isn't a drug. And changing TOO MUCH at one time could be Really NOT good.
Hey, we all been up and down.
Some can pull themselves up,,they have enuf Dopamine or Seratonin
to kick itself in.
OTHER's cannot. So, find a place, and let JAH show u the way.
It's a freakin' illness. It ain't no stigma or freakin weakness.
OK, do it. cool.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 4/11/2011 1:34:28 AM

Be cool, not so jumpy. Young Lion is very vurnable, as from what have been seen, and has been on medication already.

Maybe its easier to get by if one is on medication, I don't know. What I do know is that they don't make one Whole, they are here to make money to investors.

Young Lion might as well just be waiting for someone be calling him or herself a RAS and telling him to get on medication again. Don't go there, neither of you, I say.

Young Lion, the I must not be hasty now trusting everyone calling themself a Ras and promoting babylon medication and such.

With that said, I don't know whats best for you but I know, and so do you, that you have a lot of undone works that needs to be done before you can say you have done your best.

Pss.113

[1] Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
[2] Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.
[3] From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised.
[4] The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.
[5] Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,
[6] Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!
[7] He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
[8] That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.
[9] He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

bless

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 4/11/2011 12:43:16 PM

Blessed Love

Forget babylon medication nonsense. the I nah wan see himself in a psychiatric hospital or something..
everything man need is found naturally. if its mental, In-Sense is needed. blaze a Higher grade if necessary.
I believe that man is the one who wan life and not death so he is the one who can rise himself. Live, dont die, Iyah. I mean spiritually.
I have just been reasoning with a brother of mine. He's from here but studying in Malaysia. InI was reasoning about man who become Rasta and later turn back to folly. Man will sight the rainbow on another man and proclaim righteousness. later on, man cant handle temptation and taste many womans, for example. later on, man start nyaming flesh again. later on, man chop his locks. Man has to know why he is proclaiming to be Rasta in the begining, in strength- taking a bite, chewing, then swallowing.
remind I of what I was reading about Christ saying His yoke is not heavy. example of two oxen yoked together. if the one yoke runs ahead of the other, of course it would be choked. if instead, it doesn't move, it would be dragged by its neck. InI have to walk same pace as Christ and learn at His pace.
mans this side are so quick to 'be' Rasta that they wan to learn everything same time. wan learn to recite all 150 psalms. wan learn all the hymns. wan learn this and that. never learning 'why' this and that. because they didn't get it the first time, it feel like they are doing a chore, not living the livety, if I may say.
I know some Bobos who never overstood 'why' Boboshanti, such that now its like, 'keeping sabbath alone in I room? How boring. let me run an errand real quick in the city, I will come back. or read a magazine, 2 minutes'.
with that being said...maybe not implying to the I.
whats best is to hold on to Rastafari livety. there is no other God, trust I.
InI who proclaim to be Jah's have to go through that 'why do I call Iself Rasta? am I really ready to stand in the battle field-not running away when it get hot?' at some point, maybe.
spiritual war is no joke, Iyah. the I might find himself tumbling in the belly of the beast or in the bottom of the sea at some point. the I have to conquer. remember the man pun the white horse? I never here that Him head get chopped off inna the battle, no.
I actually browsed through the reasoning as I have to trod a yard. I dont know if what I say is relevant to the topic being discused or if its directed to I concerning things that Im trying to overcome. I will have a look when I am more relaxed.

Strength and Love always
God is man. Man is God
selah!

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/11/2011 2:06:25 PM

greetings,

I dont need medications for hearing these spiritual voices, bun dat! All i need is Jah strength and some herb. the herb helps me overstand everything within. i conquer when i smoke herb. Like marley said in the last days the Lion shall eat the grass, InI are the Lions who smoke herb to meditate and keep I-selfs cool in the mind, not be so tense, bring positive vibrations. And black imanuel dawta you speak wisdom! I was at this house party seeking to fornicate with some woman but it was hell, everything was chaos, and like hell, and i retyreated back home, and also I saw H.I.M dreadful! i mean dreader than dreader, eyes flaming fire, Just H.I.M putting fear in me... and Haile Selassie is God because he said do u want to go to H.I.M, he was talking about Imanuel, tahts why in John 16 it reveals the father will glorify imanuel in himself. And i seen Jah call me to H.I.m and when i went to imanuel, i was locked out from selassie I. This Rastafari trod is a rocky battle, Selassie i punishes me, he blesses me, he's good to me, i'm bad to H.I.M sometimes, then i apoligize and repent and ask mercy.
How long u been on the Rastafari trod black imanuel dawta/ solomon said something like a righteous woman among a thousand i have found none, but a righteouss man out of a thousand i have found! Do u consider yourself a righteous woman, are u jamiacan?

One Love

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 4/28/2011 7:01:09 AM

Blessed heart of black love truly!

I do give thanks Young Lion that the I find I wise. I have never heard any say that to I!
Heart of love.
I am born and bred in Ifrica, Iyah. Botswana to be exact. I started overstanding Boboshanti livety after just turning 21. Nov 2009 to be exact. I have been humbly learning at the feet of King Imanuel all this time. Give thanks. selah.
I have been in the village for the past 2 weeks and haven't been able to access the computer all this time.
I am still humbled that the I find I wise. I have been the only Bobo dawta I know all this time and I am yet to link up with others.
I just Iditate on King Imanuel teachmants and thats all.
Strength and love still Honourable.

Lord and Empress
Prince and Princess
Sons and Dawtas of AbraHIM
selah

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I