Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4229&start_row=1

Africa

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/3/2011 8:42:48 AM

MI LOOOOOOVE YOU

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/4/2011 11:45:51 PM

Jah Jah Bless Africa

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/16/2011 7:11:27 PM

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 2/16/2011 7:45:57 PM

Many of great leaders,men and women have come from Africa. Give thanks for the video.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/18/2011 11:10:54 AM

InI goin home...one way or di other

Better known as the "Myth of the Flying Africans," this narrative has been told and embellished for 200 years
Based on an actual historical event, this remarkable tale of an Ebo (or Igbo) slave rebellion on St. Simons Island has become a powerful metaphor of African American courage, longing, and conviction.
The historical roots of the flying Africans legend can be traced back to the spring of 1803, when a group of Igbo slaves arrived in Savannah after enduring the nightmare of the Middle Passage. The Igbo (from what is now the nation of Nigeria, in central West Africa) were renowned throughout the American South for being fiercely independent and unwilling to tolerate the humiliations of chattel slavery. The Igbo who became known as the flying Africans were purchased at the slave market in Savannah by agents working on behalf of John Couper and Thomas Spalding. Loaded aboard a small vessel, the Igbo were confined below deck for the trip down the coast to St. Simons. During the course of the journey, however, the Igbo rose up in rebellion against the white agents, who jumped overboard and were drowned.

What happened next is a striking example of the ways in which African American slaves and white slave masters interpreted "history" in starkly different terms.

One of the only contemporary written accounts of the event was by Roswell King, a white overseer on the nearby plantation of Pierce Butler. King recounted that as soon as the Igbo landed on St. Simons Island, they "took to the swamp"—committing suicide by walking into Dunbar Creek. From King's perspective the salient feature of the story was the loss of a substantial financial investment for Couper and Spalding.

African American oral tradition, on the other hand, has preserved a very different account of the events that transpired that day. As with all oral histories, the facts of the story have evolved as storytellers elaborated the tale over the years, such that there are now dozens of variations on the original episode.
In the late 1930s, more than 100 years after the Igbo uprising on St. Simons, An older African American man by the name of Wallace Quarterman was asked if he had heard the story of Ebos landing. Quarterman replied:
Ain't you heard about them? Well, at that time Mr. Blue he was the overseer and . . . Mr. Blue he go down one morning with a long whip for to whip them good. . . . Anyway, he whipped them good and they got together and stuck that hoe in the field and then . . . rose up in the sky and turned themselves into buzzards and flew right back to Africa. . . . Everybody knows about them.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/18/2011 1:44:58 PM

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/19/2011 9:05:34 PM

REPATRIATION IS A MUST

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 2/23/2011 5:46:00 AM

people can say all they want about ifrika, but unless one
has been there, and is there now...one duznt know the truth....

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 2/23/2011 3:21:05 PM

greetings,

Its true Jah no dead, and that picture of that looks like H.I.m might be really H.I.m, Jah knows, but Bob marley even said, ''fools say in there hearts, rasta ur God is dead, but I&I know Jah Jah, dread it shall be dread a dread, and then u see H.I.M locks, i know we fear what we dont know because my stomach was turning when i saw that monk that looked like haile selassie in the picture wit da locks. anyways, ethiopia is sheer bliss, its not like most of babylon where people dont walk outside, the whole country walks, u'll see life in Zion, i remember when the Kes told me not to come back to amerika, but i told him i'll be fine, i should of listened to him because right now i'd be in heaven, anyways i listened to peter tosh in my hotel in aksum, smoking my herb, for me to go in depth would take many time, but in short, I loved addis, shashe, awassa, wondeghente, tis abay, bahr dar, lalibella, gondar, mekele, aksum, even went to a small town where selassie I was fighting at, macheiw, thats where my dad from and i speak tigrigna, and it was like i'm at home, i went out with the crew in machiew, and we climbed up this hill by a statue and i see people up there just meditating and thinking and i had some herb i bought in shahse(20 bucks can get u a bagful of herb) and i was smoking it up there, and u know jah music is beuatiful specially amharica, and just listening to gossaye tesfaye and buying bob marley, they love Bob in Zion, and da kids are just special, they walk to the local store to by dabo(bread0 its beutiful. Still wickedness there like rapes, thefts and such, and we must blaze fire but they really on natural justice so any evildoer must pay in jah kingdom, may get thrown out till he realizes, but zion wanted me to stay, my fam in addis were like dont go, stay, and then, there was a delay at airport its like evrything was telling me to stay in ethiopia, and then the haert of addis is Meskel square, where africa unite 2005 concert was at, and it just wakes up on sunday, the place is packed with people, exercising, playing futbol, chewing chaht, and greeting, very irie....Babylon is just lost when it comes to comparing it with Zion..

one love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/23/2011 11:40:18 PM

Young Lion, what does that monk picture have to do with this Reasoning.

I apologize Fikre Jahnhoi, for going off topic, but I must show this link when I see people speak of that monk picture.

Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I