Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4221&start_row=1

Overstanding Berhane Selassie

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/24/2011 4:19:35 PM

greetings,

in Bob Marley song Mix Up, Mix Up he says, ''so much stumbling blocks right in our way, Monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday.'' And he says too Much Mix Up, Mix Up. what is this Mix Up Bob Marley is tryna say? I was thinking in general do not be mixing up going in and out of ur home, for the ible says , ''a man that leaves his home is like a bird that leaves its nest'', but then again we have work to do, we have to be doing things in our livity, we jus cant be at home everytime, so what is this Mix up Berhane selassie message he's tryna send?

Bless

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 1/25/2011 11:53:23 AM

I can't over the man. I used to listen to him before trodding but when I look at what the man used to sing about and the life that he was living... I hear even Rita would 'pick up' women for him. He has a son with a white woman etc. I don't know. Bob Marley is another story. I listen to the man of Right. not one who talk but can't do. I hear Sizzla is/was bobo, even from the hill. now I hear he's divorced and he's into the dancehall things now. Him and Capelton, check what they can sing about-especially when referring to woman. I just can't. If there was a man of Right singing and living righteousness then I would say, alright. As far as I know, the only man of Right is King Emanuelle. Congress Chorus and psalms singing is good for the soul. That's I opinion. I AM just not into that kind of music anymore-I guess it was a 'phase' while I was trying to over what Rastafari is...

selah!

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 1/25/2011 12:28:09 PM

Yes Empress, that is true enough that the man Bob Marley did not live to the fullness of the Livity. The way the man slept around(for want of a better term) was not fitting with I and I livity and didn't show much respect for the Empresses.
At the same time, Iman am aware of the contribution the man made to I and I as a movement. Without Bob Marley's works in music that planted the seed of Rastafari across the earth I doubt that Iman and many other Rasta would be trodding this path. And that is not to mention the contributions the man put back into his community. Plenty of artists could learn a lesson from the man on that.
The man had some serious flaws but Iman still acknowledge the man's works since, for the most part I think they were Righteous.

As for the I Young Lion's question about the song, if Iman remember correctly, that song is about the music industry and the problems the man faced with it. Without listening to it again I couldn't tell for sure but that is the impression Iman got from it.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/25/2011 6:08:48 PM

Woiiii

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/25/2011 6:11:03 PM

I first heard of RasTafarI from Bob Marley and Reggae Music. I just can't bring Iself to criticize him. I acknowledge that he made some mistakes, but still, the good he did outweighs the bad in I opinion.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/26/2011 8:29:04 AM

greetings,

I've read Rita marleys book ''no woman no cry'' and every woman should read that book. Rita never picked up woman for Bob, thats foolishness. She even caught him in bed with a woman and she got mad so why would she even think about picking up woman for Bob? Anyways Bob marley is the musical prophet from Selassie I. As Judy Mowwat said he is the second advent of Joseph, providing spiritual food for the children of Israel. Bob Marley was very hard working in his music craft so of course he needed to rest especially smoking a pound of maurijuana a week!

Rastafari

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/26/2011 8:48:45 AM

Forever Loving Jah!

light like a feather, heavey as lead!

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I