Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4175&start_row=1

Food Experience

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/14/2010 11:48:54 PM

I stopped eating flesh in 1995 and from the day I stopped and for 14 years I didn't even have a slight craving for any kind of flesh.

Then less than two years ago, I noticed that when I smelled cooked fish, I had a desire and craving for it, and even experienced what felt like a physical hunger for it. This was strange to I because I hardly ever ate fish when I used to eat flesh. At that time before I stopped eating flesh, the kind of flesh I ate was mostly the standard land animals and birds.

I started to think that I might be low on something, whether it was the fish oils or something else I didn't know, and when I checked the way I physically felt, it seemed like something was low. But I still didn't choose to eat it because I didn't want to start eating fish, it just wasn't something that fit with I Trod. I know that many RasTafarI people eat fish, but it wasn't part of I personal Trod.

I thought about it from time to time over the year, because I was always reminded of it when I smelled fish. I eventually started to sight eating fish as a possibility, but even after that it took a while before it became more than a very small possibility. Then one day, I think in March, I son had some fish for dinner, and I told Iself that I would pick up a piece with a fork and take a deep smell of it, and if it didn't turn I off, then I would think more seriously about starting to eat fish. So when I smelled it, it not only didn't turn I off, but it smelled like something that I wanted to eat. I still wanted to get some more information before I decided, so I started researching fish and especially the experiences of long time vegetarians that started eating fish. What I found from the experiences of people, was that they didn't feel sick to their stomach when they started eating fish, but when they started eating other types of flesh, their stomach couldn't handle it, until it eventually became accustomed to eating the other kinds of flesh again.

The next day I read reviews of several restaurants to find one of the best fish restaurants in the area that serves fresh fish and then told I wife that I wanted to go to the restaurant and get fish. She was shocked to hear I say that. She is not vegetarian, but she never thought that I would ever do something like that, she thought the only thing I would do is become more strict and cut out things like cheese and other dairy products (which I have always continued to eat). Also, when I smelled I son's fish she wasn't around the table, so she didn't see I do that.

We went to the restaurant and I got a wild halibut with lemon butter and blackened with cajun seasoning. I enjoyed the fish very much, but became full quickly and decided to save the other half for the next day, because I wanted to see if I would still enjoy it the next day, because I may have changed I mind if I didn't. I still enjoyed it the next day, so decided to continue eating fish. For the first two months I felt like I needed to eat fish at least once a week. Then the third month I didn't feel that frequent need anymore and ate it every couple of weeks. I could only eat fresh fish, because if the fish started to smell "fishy", I couldn't bear eating it, even though most people that eat fish wouldn't have an issue with that level of "fishy" smell (I put fishy in quotes because the smell is not the smell of fish, but is the smell of fish starting to get old) The next few months I started craving it less and less until eventually in August, six months after I started eating fish, I lost all desire and craving for it, and didn't want to eat it anymore, so I stopped. And since then I have not had even the slightest craving for fish again.

So I think next time, in another 14 or whatever it will be, if I start to crave it again, I will probably decide sooner to eat it and eat it for a few months until I am finished with it again.

I have Reasoned a few variations of this over the years,

--------------------------------------------------
Jah has given I and I many different senses to tell us what is going on with our body and the surrounding environment. The problem is that we don't listen.

When our body shows us a problem through the sense of pain and discomfort, we don't study that sensation or the other more mild sensations that go along with it.

When our nose tells us something is no good, we don't listen. When our tongue shows us, we don't listen. When our throat shows us, we don't listen. When our lungs, stomach, skin, eyes, ears and almost every other body part show us, we don't listen. When our other senses(there are many) show us, we don't listen.

Jah has given I and I so many different kind of senses, some that even show us the spirit and character of another, some that show us of things to come, or immediate dangers. So many senses and we so often ignore them.

I and I need to resensitize ourself to use what Jah has given I and I according to its purpose. Jah didn't give I and I these things in vain, but we have made them vain for our own self.

Jah is Great, I and I just need to open our eyes to Jah Greatness.

anti-inflammatory drugs
--------------------------------------------------

In relation to that quote above, of course their are certain signals from our senses that may be good to resist and ignore, I and I need to decide what is what before I and I react.

Regarding this Reasoning, I am not suggesting that anybody do the same that I have done regarding fish, whether they currently eat it or don't eat it. I just wanted to share this experience. I waited this long to mention it because I wanted the experience to come to its fullness before I Reasoned about it. When I started eating fish, I didn't plan to or know I would stop eating it again, I actually thought I would probably just continue eating it from then on. The whole experience was quite interesting to I, I never really liked any kind of flesh when I used to eat it, so it was easy and natural for I to stop, and like I said, when I stopped I never once had any kind of craving for any kind of flesh. So to see the craving and desire for fish suddenly appear, and then disappear in such a short time was interesting.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/15/2010 1:23:59 AM

My Lord!!

Mighty testimony in my opinon, although fish like halibut is not a kind of fish that King Emmanuel would recommend One to take part of..due to the size of said fish,

(quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halibut)
"Physical characteristics

The halibut is the largest flat fish, averaging 11–13.5 kilograms (24–30 lb), but catch as large as 333 kilograms (734 lb) have been reported"

I personally have never ever eaten this fish nor digested any part of it, and most likely I never will. Its just too big and carnivorous in I-sight. Also I think it got some strange kind of scales.

And I myself only almost exclusivly eat fish that I have caught with I own 2 hands. Which in I-sight is the proper and right way.

Blessed love to one and all! Peace, perfect peace and prosperity!

JAH LIVE

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 12/15/2010 9:23:29 AM

An interesting Reasoning Ark I.

Iman personally find Iself repulsed by flesh now. When I first left it behind, I continued to eat fish for a time but after a while I began to feel sickened by it just as I had with other flesh and so I left that behind also. Now I will not even touch any kind of dead flesh.
Perhaps though, the I is right about I and I senses. After doing some reading on nutrition and looking at I diet I have found that there are some things that I am probably getting too little of which may explain why I feel unsatisfied with smaller portions.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/16/2010 6:58:27 AM

" Jain ascetics practice complete nonviolence. Ahimsa is the first and foremost vow of a Jain ascetic. They do not hurt any living being, be it an insect or a human. They carry a special broom to sweep any insects that may cross their path."

mi like dem people deh

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 12/16/2010 8:47:12 AM

Yes I. That is something I have tried to incorperate into I Livity. I won't kill insects or bugs that mean I no harm. Plenty of people kill them if they're an annoyance but those bugs have a part to play in life so it is foolish and wicked to take away their lives for no reason.
Some people even kill them for fun. Fire burn that.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/16/2010 11:13:18 PM

I used to eat fish occasionally. I haven't eaten any flesh for at least half a year and it doesnt appeal to I anymore.

As the Gospel shows, it is the things that come out of the mouth which defile a man, as those things come from the heart.

Matthew 15:16
----------------------------------
[16] And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
[17] Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
[18] But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
[19] For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
[20] These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
----------------------------------

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/9/2012 1:16:28 AM

8 And Moses said, This shall be, when the Lord shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the Lord heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the Lord.

9 And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the Lord: for he hath heard your murmurings.

10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

11 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God.

13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.

16 This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.

17 And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.

18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.

19 And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning.

20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

21 And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.

23 And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the Lord: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.

25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the Lord: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.

28 And the Lord said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

29 See, for that the Lord hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.
Exodus 16

32 And Moses said, This is the thing which the Lord commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.

33 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the Lord, to be kept for your generations.

34 As the Lord commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.

35 And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/11/2012 6:33:10 PM

A Pesentation to American High School Student about the truth, the matrix, the babylon shytym, the death industry and factory animal farming, compassion, Jah Love...Compassion Bring Peace to I Earth.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I