Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4174&start_row=21

Chapters in the bible before giving birth?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NordMan Sent: 12/22/2010 7:16:07 PM

Give thanks

, Fikre, I'm glad the I mentioned custum and covenant. I feel it was pointed towards I post and either way I humble Iself. First time I used it I should have wrote something like "where it is not common practise of any reason, may it be keeping the covenant or for helth purpose or other reason". I feel the diffrence to what I wrote and what it sounded like. I shold not have put I words like that.

"if we were still in "Eden" the covenant wouldnt need fi mek, would it?"

True but I ask, do we need it? But who am I to question that, really. On the same time, Selassie I, as I know HIM, doesn't tell I to cut something of I body, at least for not for no reason and I can't see the reason, at least not now. I know the Ital strengthens I. I know I locks holds up I meditation and (outwardly) marks out who I am. I feel the need for Prayer and the Sabbath is to be kept Holy. Iman sight that. Howerver, it doesn't sit right with I to keep the covenant based only of the sciptures. So even if I feel ok as I see it I in one way see a conflict within I words but honestly, I would like to say I think I would feel the same with opposite stand. Future will tell.

I will meditate upon the rest the I Them wrote. Give thanks.

Honourable words from Hounorable People. Rastafari is Life. Life is Love. Love brings forth life. Selassie I is to be loved and love will reign. Life is forever and so is Rastafari in One.

Anyway, I was watching this ( http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1336628657385081795&q=Selassie# )when I thought about what a blessed work that must be the translator has sitting next to his Majesty on all this occations and I suddenly it came up to me how wrong I used the custom word. Oh Jah, so Mighty, so Lovely and Powerfull. That translator btw, what language power. Give thanks, once again.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/14/2011 10:20:00 PM

Out Of Africa

Sixth Dynasty (2345–2181 BC) tomb artwork in Egypt is thought to be the oldest documentary evidence of circumcision, the most ancient depiction being a bas-relief from the necropolis at Saqqara (ca. 2400 BC) with the inscription reading "Hold him and do not allow him to faint". In the oldest written account, by an Egyptian named Uha, in the 23rd century BC, he describes a mass circumcision and boasts of his ability to stoically endure the pain: "When I was circumcised, together with one hundred and twenty men...there was none thereof who hit out, there was none thereof who was hit, and there was none thereof who scratched and there was none thereof who was scratched."
Circumcision in ancient Egypt was thought to be a mark of passage from childhood to adulthood. The alteration of the body and ritual of circumcision was supposed to give access to ancient mysteries reserved solely for the initiated. The content of those mysteries are unclear but are likely to be myths, prayers, and incantations central to Egyptian religion. The Egyptian Book of the Dead, for example, tells of the sun god Ra performing a self-circumcision, whose blood created two minor guardian deities. Circumcisions were performed by priests in a public ceremony, using a stone blade. It is thought to have been more popular among the upper echelons of the society, although it was not universal and those lower down the social order are known to have had the procedure done. The Egyptian hieroglyph for "penis" depicts either a circumcised or an erect organ.
Circumcision was also adopted by some Semitic peoples living in or around Egypt. Herodotus, writing in the fifth century BC, reported that circumcision is only practiced by the Egyptians, Colchians, Ethiopians, Phoenicians, the 'Syrians of Palestine', and "the Syrians who dwell about the rivers Thermodon and Parthenius, as well as their neighbours the Macronians and Macrones". He also reports, however, that "the Phoenicians, when they come to have commerce with the Greeks, cease to follow the Egyptians in this custom, and allow their children to remain uncircumcised."

"The distribution of circumcision and initiation rites throughout Africa, and the frequent resemblance between details of ceremonial procedure in areas thousands of miles apart, indicate that the circumcision ritual has an old tradition behind it and in its present form is the result of a long process of development." Wagner, G. 1949. The Bantu of North Kavirondo. London: International African Institute.
African cultural history is conveniently spoken of in terms of language group. The Niger-Congo speakers of today extend from Senegal to Kenya to South Africa and all points between. In the historic period, the Niger-Congo speaking peoples predominantly have and have had male circumcision which occurred in young warrior initiation schools, the schools of Senegal and Gambia being not so very different from those of the Kenyan Gikuyu and South African Zulu. T

Male circumcision in East Africa is a rite of passage from childhood to adulthood, but is only practiced in some nations (tribes). Some peoples in East Africa do not practice male circumcision (for example the Luo of western Kenya).
Amongst the Gikuyu (Kikuyu) people of Kenya and the Maasai people of Kenya and Tanzania, male circumcision has historically been the graduation element of an educational program which taught tribal beliefs, practices, culture, religion and history to youth who were on the verge of becoming full-fledged members of society. The circumcision ceremony was very public, and required a display of courage under the knife in order to maintain the honor and prestige of the young man and his family. The only form of anesthesia was a bath in the cold morning waters of a river, which tended to numb the senses to a minor degree. The youths being circumcised were required to maintain a stoic expression and not to flinch from the pain.
After circumcision, young men became members of the warrior class, and were free to date and marry. The graduants became a fraternity which served together, and continued to have mutual obligation to each other for life.
In the modern context in East Africa, the physical element of male circumcision remains (in the societies that have historically practiced it) but without most of the other accompanying rites, context and programs. For many, the operation is now performed in private on one individual, in a hospital or doctor's office. Anesthesia is often used in such settings. There are tribes however, that do not accept this modernized practice. They insist on circumcision in a group ceremony, and a test of courage at the banks of a river. This more traditional approach is common amongst the Meru and the Kisii tribes of Kenya.

....and then came di greeks

According to Hodges, ancient Greek aesthetics of the human form considered circumcision a mutilation of a previously perfectly shaped organ. Greek artwork of the period portrayed penises as covered by the foreskin (sometimes in exquisite detail), except in the portrayal of satyrs, lechers, and barbarians. This dislike of the appearance of the circumcised penis led to a decline in the incidence of circumcision among many peoples that had previously practiced it throughout Hellenistic times. In Egypt, only the priestly caste retained circumcision, and by the 2nd century, the only circumcising groups in the Roman Empire were Jews, Jewish Christians, Egyptian priests, and the Nabatean Arabs.

Messenger: Taylorquinn Sent: 11/19/2014 9:29:22 PM

So called circumcision! In ancient days circumcision was cymbalic. It was a small incision made on the tip of the foreskin and no actual removal of the foreskin. The foreskin has at least 16 very important functions that most people know nothing about cause if they did they wouldnt cut it off their brand new child. What a way to invite a new soul into this world by allowing a stranger to put his hands on your childs sex organ and cut the most sensitive part completely off of HIS body without the childs consent forever altering the body that god formed in the womb. This is perverted at best. It was put there by desighn of the creator. Also adam was made in the image of god and was not circumsized as we know the first circ was done with abraham and isaac. Ofcourse circumcision was already a pagan ritual before the time of Abraham. The foreskin also has 20000 nerve endings in it. When a male child is born the forskin is completely bonded to the head of the penis so Now when a circ is done the entire foreskin has to be TORN away from the head of a childs brand new penis against the child's will. This has become a pagan ritual so as a rasta id be very carefull about advocating male genital mutilation as circumcision cause that's precisely what circ has become. It is sexual abuse with permission granted by parents. An absolute Betrayal of the highest magnitude! I believe this is one of the main reasons why men in this world are so damaged and don't know how to treat a women with respect. Because they were violated in the worst way thinkable as a brand new child and there very own parents put them they it. Only a fool leans upon his own misunderstanding and as Haile Selassie said we must seek education. Knowledge is the key to understanding. There is no benefit to genital mutilation!

Messenger: Taylorquinn Sent: 11/19/2014 9:40:16 PM

When God instituted circumcision, it was as a symbol of the Old Covenant (sacrifice of one's son, shedding of innocent blood, etc.), and as a prelude to the coming of the Sacrificial Lamb of God, Jesus Christ Himself. Relatively speaking, God waited til shortly before the advent of the Messiah to begin this practice that foreshadowed the meaning of Christ's sacrificial atonement. God wanted to make sure people understood very well the purpose of the Old Covenant before the New Covenant took its place. While the Old Covenant was symbolically pictured through animal sacrifice and infant circumcision, both were forever made obsolete (and abhorrent) by the dawn of the New Covenant. That is why the Scripture says that to shed the blood of a baby boy or an animal now, after Christ shed His own innocent blood once for all, would be blasphemous and mock our Lord's sacrifice. (The New Testament is very stringent in its warning about this!)

Circumcision did not begin with the Jews at all, but was practiced by pagan nations (including most of Israel's enemies) long before Abraham's day. This barbaric, unholy, worldly connotation was precisely why God chose it, as a reminder of the commonality and baseness of sin (the focal point of the Old Covenant).

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/20/2014 10:30:32 PM

Circumcision is genital mutilation. It was never permited by de creator but was n still is permited by some people to go against de creator. I agree with de I dat it is sexual abuse to de babies. Fireburn circumcision

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I