Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=416&start_row=1

Overstanding, power, words of truth.

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/4/2004 3:31:56 PM

The redemption of Africa is all about education. When ones see the overstanding that is the power of knowledge. Wordsound is the power of communication so that others can see it too. That is what this site is about. Also life is about that, because everything we do among other people express our point of view. Express African teaching and Africa will be redeemed. But false teachings harm the African redemption.
This site is about communication by written word, which is an image of wordsound. African culture is about the power of overstanding, which is the inspiration of Jah to know the truth. So in the future let us use this site and all forum of communication in a positive way, to teach truth. Anything else is a destruction to African unity and strength.
Ark I and others who use this site regularly should make sure that they speak against any false culture that ones bring to this forum and to any other forum where they participate.

I am not saying that one must speak against every lie that we hear during the day, because that is impossible. Any dread know that survival today often depend on being quiet when people lie. The point I am making is that this site is not the workplace where you will be fired if you contradict certain things. And it is not the street where ones might destroy your flesh because you don't agree with them. This is Ark I website, a forum started in the name of rastafari. This is a place where all the power belong to those who use the site and the author of the site. With power comes responsibility. The bossman at work have to power so we are not responsible for what goes on there. But here, it is our choice and our duty to never accept foolishness.

This is how I live my life. Once I have the power I always do everything in my power to serve Africa - this is the only purpose in my life. And when I don't have power I go with the flow and look for a way to get power.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/5/2004 1:36:18 PM

write the truth that was not writen.

one love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/6/2004 1:53:02 PM

Good words Gideon.

One thing I would like to add is to also know when to speak. Sometimes when we see someone deal with folly, it is not the best to tell them right away, but it is better to wait until later.

I don't want to speak in vanity, so if a person is in a mind state where they will just ignore what I say, then it might be better to hold those words. When their mind state is more willing to hear, then the words can be spoken and they will be heard.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/6/2004 2:42:23 PM

Ignorance is a curse that can be cured by those who know the truth, by speaking the truth. What would you be hiding from, and what good point would be made in letting someone think that they are speaking the truth and always believing that they are lying? If a person speak about Rastafari and it is not in continuity with the truth of the history, cultural background, and race diversities, why wouldnt you correct them, why wouldnt you tell them what you know to be the truth? What good is knowledge? Is it to be stored like the pharosies? Should we hold up knowledge in some great temple? I dont think so. But to each is own. I have learned alot of information on this site, from how to take care of my skin, how to migrate out of babylon, etc. I have contacted people all over the world. That is a great blessing. Everything that I have read on this site I have searched down to the finest detail for my own self reperation. What is a corner stone if people dont use it as thier foundation? The corner stone of Rasta has to be the root of David. In the Bible, the king said, that there is a message that will sustain us, if the truth was hidden why would Jah give us such great examples of direction, of life lived, of whole 360 degrees of prophecy's that was in that time, not even to speak of the prophecy's that are happening in this day. If I have ever posted anything on this site that was untrue I would want to and hope to be corrected and if the reason the correction is not made is because people are waiting for some opportune time, so be it.

One Love

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/11/2004 12:49:51 PM

I would say the sooner the better. But nothing happens before its time. So for me I do what Ark says: I just speak when I feel the time is right.
The true way is not something we could write down in a book and follow what the book say. Jah give us the knowledge in our hearts and he creates the right timing for everything. So we don't need to discuss when is the right time. We can never discuss every situation that might arise in life. We must hold on to the prinicples of love and humbleness, which is the true faith. And Jah will lead us when to talk and when to wait, and he will show us what to say. It is a natural thing.........

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/12/2004 9:47:09 AM

You are trying to tell me something. " would say the sooner the better. But nothing happens before its time. So for me I do what Ark says: I just speak when I feel the time is right. "

this is a place were people post what they feel.This is not a place that is going to by it self cure all the world ills. ido not want to play game with you so if you have something on your mind get it off.
everything in its do time.

onelove

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/12/2004 12:41:53 PM

Rock, I don't think Gideon was speaking against what you were saying, but he was supporting it. Just as you said that we shouldn't hold on to correction, but should tell the people. He was also saying that the sooner they are told the better.

I agree that we shouldn't wait a long time to tell the person that they are dealing with wrong. Sometimes it can be said right away, and the person will hear it. But other times it will go on deaf ears. I don't want to only speak the right, but I want the right to also be heard. If I tell someone that something they did was against Jah, I don't say it for my benefit or to embarrass them, and I don't say it so I can go to Jah and tell Jah that I did my part by telling them. I also don't say it to judge them, but I say it so they can correct theirself and save theirself from judgment.

So one situation I can use to explain what I am saying is that if you are with a group of people and one person speaks or does some wickedness. Sometimes it is necessary to immediately speak. But when it is not necessary to immediately speak, then it is better to take the person aside and tell them the problem, instead of saying it in front of everyone and embarrass the person. In some cases it might be necessary to embarrass the person so that they see it, but other times it will cause them to ignore it and only be vex.

Another situation is this. One time I was with a Bredren of mine. He brought I to his Queen's house and we were reasoning. He had brought I as a mediator between them because they were having a lot of problems. But he didn't tell I until afterwards that he brought I for this purpose. They were speaking and they started arguing, I can't remember exactly what they were arguing about. They then involved I by asking I questions about their argument. I could tell from the spirit of I bredren, that he was confident and thought that I would be on his side in the matter. And I could tell from the spirit of the woman, that she was very defensive, because she perceived that it was two against her.

Both were in the wrong, but I knew that if I spoke about the woman at that time, that she would not listen to a word and would only increase in vexation. So I first spoke about what the bredren dealt with. She started to feel less defensive as I was speaking, because I was speaking of his wrongs. After a little while her confidence rose up higher and I could tell that she was in a better mindset to hear I words. So I spoke about the things that she was dealing with, and she heard I words without any vexation at all.

Afterwards, I told her how I perceived her spirit in the beginning, and that I waited until I perceived that she was able to hear what I said. She looked so surprised and asked I how I knew. I told her that it was Jah.

These are the kind of situations that I am speaking about. I and I are not here to just tell people that they are wrong, Jah has already shown us that a long time ago. I and I are here to turn people away from wrong, unto the righteousness of Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/13/2004 8:49:09 AM

Iam not hear to talk bad about anyone.i get what you are saying.if the Gideon meant what he posted how you put it cool,if he ment it any other way thats cool to.Both still was bring about change.I am glad that you look at things from a veiw of not just one person is right.
"iam not her to say that one person is good or bad but iam hear to do thing that are right".still learning something new every time.

onelove

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I