Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4104&start_row=1

Nazarine vows

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/31/2010 11:12:51 AM

Greetings,InI have been in my trod for a likkle over a year and have questions about the vows. InI have not taken them because at first InI thought it was no razor shall come upon thy head and face and to maintain a livley hood here employers want clean shaven people. InI refuse to cut I's hair cause I've been growing it for to long and it is who I am [InI still get harassed for it]. My question's are in chp 6 it says nothing about growing facial hair so is that part of the vow or is that part of the livity of Rastafari? Chp 19 says that the Nazarine shall shave the head of his seperation at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.Chp 20 states that the preist shall wave them for a wave offering before the Lord and after that the Nazarine may drink wine. How long does the I keep the vows during seperation and when the I fullfills the vows does that mean the I has to shave his head and can now drink from the vine? InI ask these cause in time I know I'll be taking these vows to the fullest and just lookin for clarification.
JAH BLESS & GIVE THANKS.

Messenger: IDread Sent: 10/31/2010 3:01:51 PM

The I should look in Levitcus also to learn about the Nazarine vow.

Leviticus 21:5 "They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard nor make any cuttings in their flesh."

This is why Rastafari people don't shave the hair of I and I chin.
Although the I ask if the beard is part of the Nazarine vow or Rastafari Livity and the answer to that one is that the Nazarine vow is part of the fullness of Rastafari Livity. Its true enough that those that do not take the vow can live Rastafari livity and trod Rastafari but to truly embrace the fullness of Rastafari, the Nazarine vow is a must in I opinion.

As for the shaving of the locks at the end of the vow, that is only if the I takes the vow for a certain period of time as described in the Bible. Iman made I vow for life so I and I will never shave I beard or cut I locks. Most dreadlocks Rastafari people would be in the same boat I think.

And its a pity to hear that the jobs where the I are go only to clean shaven people. Iman have experienced similar in I search for a way to support Iself and it is truly testing sometimes. The I must still persevere and keep trodding on. There are some righteous people out there who can see past appearences and realise that Rastafari people will work harder and be more reliable than most.
As a piece of advice though, once the I has taken the vow and the I's natty start to form, always dress smart when the I goes out looking for work. Put on a tam and some crisp clothes and the I will find more success. Make sure the I explain to any that ask about the locks that the I is trodding Rastafari and that the locks and beard will have to stay if they offer the I employment. Many will still refuse the I because of it but some will sight the truth of the matter.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/31/2010 4:16:13 PM

BLESSED LOVE

The I should read Leviticus chapter 19 with understanding...
Verse 1-3 speaks..

"And the LORD GOD JAH RASTAFARI spake unto Moses, saying,
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be Holy: for I the LORD GOD JAH RASTAFARI your God am Holy.
Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my Sabbaths: I am the LORD HAILE SELASSIE I your God."

Verse 30: "Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD ADONI-I GOD JAH RASTAFARI"
Sealing Verse 38: "Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD."

The Nazarite Vow is much bigger than just a few verses from Numbers. And, I would like to add, aren't your face, in which the hair called beard grow, attached to the Head? I see the hair growning on the Head (from the neck and up) as being One and the same.
Therefore the Beard should be included in the Vow.

And the Dreadlock Nazarite, the Boboman, the Priest for I-ver after the order of Melchizedek, "R" spoken of in
Exodus chapter 19 verse 6 "And ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priests, and an Holy Nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.."

And in Leviticus chapter 21 verse 5-6 INI "R" told what not to do: "They shall not make baldness upon their head,
neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.
They shall be Holy unto their God HAILE SELASSIE I, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be Holy."

In the Letter of Jeremiah, A copy of an epistle, which Jeremy sent unto them which were to be led captives into Babylon by the king of the Babylonians, to certify them, as it was commanded him of God.

"Because of the sins which ye have committed before God, ye shall be led away captives into Babylon by Nabuchodonosor king of the Babylonians. So when ye be come unto Babylon, ye shall remain there many years, and for a long season, namely, seven generations: and after that I will bring you away peaceably from thence..."
FULL EPISTLE HERE

One of the wisdoms INI get from this Epistle is the understanding that having no beard (clean shaven) and no locks (baldhead) and nothing upon the head (no turban / tam) is SEEN by the MOST HIGH as something very negative, a state of wickedness..just look upon the catolic church of the battigan to see what I-man meditation "R".

Verse 30
"...For how can they be called gods? because women set meat before the gods of silver, gold, and wood.
And the priests sit in their temples, having their clothes rent, and their heads and beards shaven, and nothing upon their heads."

THE PROPHET WITH THE VISION SPEAKETH
JOHN MARCUS I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Sighting that honourable I-Dread recommended a deeper look into Leviticus, I-man would like to clarify that the Livity of the Rastaman "R" futher I-splained there.

The 3rd Book of Moses called Leviticus chapter 20 verse 7

"Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God."

The 1st Epistle General of Peter chapter 1 verse 15-16

"But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

CLOSING WITH SE7EN WORD OF LOVE
EMMANUEL IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/31/2010 4:27:33 PM

Also, in Deuteronomy there are many references to the Rastaman, INI the Holy People!

Deuteronomy chapter 7 verse 6
"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 2
"for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth."

Deuteronomy chapter 26 verse 19
"And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made&, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken."

Deuteronomy chapter 28 verse 9
"The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD HAILE SELASSIE I, thy God, and walk in his ways."

The Prophet cutting & clearing!

Isaiah chapter 62 verse 12
"And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken."

So, BE YE HOLY FOR I AM HOLY, and the Pinnacle of Holiness is the Nazarite Vow, therefore Ye should Keep it!
So shine the Light and Radiate the Black Christ INI have within!

HOLY EMMANUEL I KING SELASSIE I THE ALMIGHTY GOD
JAH IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/31/2010 8:42:47 PM

InI give thanks Idren IDread & Black Christ Salvation for the passages & verses. InI sight more clearly on the togetherness as Rasta art an Holy People.
Blessed, bredren aaron.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/1/2010 2:00:10 PM

bredren aaron, the I said,
-------------
to maintain a livley hood here employers want clean shaven people
-------------

Where does the I live? The reason I ask is that RasTafarI people Trod with their beard and locks all around the world, so this sounds like a weak excuse.

Here is a Reasoning I made before:
---------------
You don't Iverstand the Locks Man. You have put too much thought into secular things and have not balanced your Spiritual progress, I and I are Mystical People. RasTafarI People don't worry about those things that you speak of, Jah provides all things for I and I. Jah provides I and I with work, shelter and anything else I and I need. This is not a dream, it is a reality that I and many other RasTafarI have experienced and are experiencing today.

The powers of Jah are great and I and I can accomplish what I and I need to accomplish with our Locks on our Head, they are not an obstacle. The only obstacle to Locks Man are lack of Faith and refusing to trod in the way of Jah. When these two obstacles are removed, all things the Person needs are provided.

You have your role and I and I have our role. Just because you can't Iverstand our role, doesn't mean that our movements aren't reality. I and I don't look to babylon to determine our reality, but I and I look to Jah. And Jah can make I and I prosporous wherever we are, with I and I Locks on our Head.

When I was in University, so many people tried to pretend like they were some kind of prophet and told I when I was going to cut I Locks. They would tell I that I would cut it before I graduate, after I graduate, or when I was looking for work. One person was so sure, he couldn't even accept the small possibility that I would keep I Locks, no matter how many times I told him I would. He was 100% sure that I would cut I locks when I graduated.

It has been 5 years (update, now it is 11 years) since I graduated and I have never once considered to cut I locks. But I always trusted in the Most High, and Jah gave I what I needed.

Before I had I current job, I had a contract position for a year. When I contract ran out, I tried to get unemployment benefits, but I couldn't because they told I that I was 14 hours short of their requirement to receive it.

I had saved some money while working, so I was able to live on this for 4 months while I looked for another job. Time passed and passed, but no job came. I never once thought to cut I locks because I made this choice and commitment to Jah. I brought this judgment on Iself, and I knew exactly what I was getting into before I started growing I locks, and the tribulation that would come, and what the commitment that I made meant. Everyone makes their personal commitment to Jah when they grow their locks. My commitment was for life and is for life.

When I money ran out after the 4 months, I got a job, without even going to an interview. I spoke with the person hiring on the phone on a Friday, and he gave I a little phone interview and then asked I if I wanted to start on Monday. Jah tested I until the end, and then he gave I a job. After a week at the job, I needed to get some money that I mother had in savings for I to pay a months rent, because I had to pay the rent before I first paycheck but I was completely broke. This is how far Jah tested I, to the point have having no money, and because I never left Jah, Jah gave I what I needed.

Jah will always provide for I, and I will always walk with Jah, according to the way Jah has directed I to walk. I and I locks grow for a purpose, it is not for vanity. But they only have a purpose for those that know and Iverstand I and I Mystical trod.

Being Dread inside without being outside
---------------

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 11/1/2010 4:05:49 PM

Greetings Ark I, Iman live in the states and I'm not using employment as an excuse to be clean shaven if I was I'd have a job right now. In the begining of my post I said that employers want clean shaven and InI refuse to cut I's hair cause I've been growing it for to long. InI's last interveiw the guy asked if I would cut my hair and InI said without hesitation NO it is against my belief's and that was the end of the interveiw. InI overs what the I is saying, InI need to stay true to who I am and what I stand for cause JAH will guide I in the right path.
"You have your role and InI have our role. Just because you can't Iverstand our role,doesn't mean that our movement's aren't reality". Can the I clarify a little more on this.
The only role that InI know is that Iman am here for InI's family&friends and the love and support InI can give them. InI have no role in babylon accept to stand up against them and the wickedness they spew.
InI know there are things InI don't Iverstand but that is why InI ask, for more Overstanding& Guidence.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/1/2010 4:49:57 PM

That was part of the quote from a previous Reasoning. So not all of it applies to the I.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 11/1/2010 5:57:17 PM

That was a quote the I was having with gideon,InI apologize on that misoversanding. The I asked ealier where InI live,InI dwell in arizona. Does the I or any idren or sistren know of anyone InI could learn more from in InI's trod here cause my searching has come up unfruitful?
Give thanks.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I