Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4074&start_row=1

Flag

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dubside Sent: 9/29/2010 4:14:46 AM

Ises onto the Most High, JAH., Ras TafarI. Blessed one and all, I have to agree that the issue of how the colours on the flag shoul be, it is not to be ignored. Recently, I n I at the David house, where I n I gather on sabath day, a reasoning come out. It realy set members apart. Some say red at the top, like how it is on this site, but some say green at the top. Now, the outside walls of David house are painted with red at the top while inside there's a big picture of His Majesty on the centre of the flag with green at the top. One Elder ask; should the I go with what the I see or with how the I feel? A minute or so has pass with no answer from any of the I. After few puffs from his pipe, another Elder seh; I n I need to know how it come to be this way! Whynot one order? Some say it don't matter! Reasoning got hotter after one Elder saying that I n I are just like babylonians who are in the same army but each one is fighting for self-interest. He seh; I n I have to wave a flag with green at the top, a Lion at the centre where yellow is and red on the base. Well, I never took time to Iditate about it before. But, since the reasoning, I have decided to go with what I see than how I feel. It came clear on that reasoning that those who painted the David house with red at the top, decided to follow their feelings. 'Cos one seh; before the invertion, green colour was on surface then yellow and red at the top. Just like nature, green grass is on earth surface while yellow and red could be seen in the sky during sun set. But, after bloodshed, red come to be the base. I Bredren and I Sistren, what the I reason 'bout it?
More Love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/29/2010 11:58:59 AM

Here is something I reasoned before

--------------------------------------------------
Greetings,

I was asked to change I flag from Red, Yellow, Green to Green, Yellow, Red. I am not changing it because this is the way that I see it. But it doesn't matter to I whether a next person wants to place it Red, Yellow, Green or Green, Yellow, Red, that is up to them.

The order has changed a few times in the History of Ethiopia. Here is a quote from Haile Selassie I, from his Autobiography. It is from a proclamation of mobilization Haile Selassie I issued to his people on October 3, 1935 after Italy attacked Ethiopia.

If the Italians are proud of their weapons against us, we on our part are proud that our greatest weapon against them is the help of God. Our flag, red, yellow and green, and our seal with the legend "the lion has prevailed" are the symbol of our independence; lest this symbol of our freedom should perish, it is a great honour for our good name and for our history that we die shedding our blood to the very last drop.

Here is a footnote in the Autobiography. It is a comment made by a historian concerning the order that Selassie I called out the colours in this proclamation.

---------------------------
This order, instead of the usual green, yellow, red, is curious, for, while there was for long uncertainty about the sequence of these colours, this was scarcely so in 1935, Cf. de Coppet, 616 ff.;Chojnacki in JES,I,2,49 ff.
---------------------------

So even though the order at that time was generally accepted as Green, Yellow, Red. Selassie I still called it Red, Yellow, Green.

I have heard different reasonings for the order of the colours. Some RasTafarI reason that the Red on top is the flag in times of war, and the Green on top is the flag in times of peace.

What I see concerning the flag is that it represent the Rainbow Circle throne spoken about in Revelation.

Revelation 4
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

I sight that this Rainbow circle round about the throne represents the flag of Ethiopia, where the throne of Haile Selassie I is. And when I look at the Rainbow in the sky, the Red is on top. This is the top of the circle symbolizing the spiritual throne in Jah spiritual heights. When the Rainbow reach the ground, it come to the bottom of the circle where the Green is on top, representing the earthly throne.

This is how I sight the flag and others are free to sight it according to what they see. The reason I keep the Red on top is because I man is fighting as a SoulJah and I look to Jah Spiritual throne, because I deal with spiritual warfare against wickedness in high and low places.

But as I said, this is what I sight, and others may sight it differently, and I speak nothing against how a next person see it.

Red, Yellow, Green

--------------------------------------------------

Messenger: Dubside Sent: 9/30/2010 2:00:26 AM

Blessed One and all.
I site the reasonings., just like what many said at the gathering.
I still go with how JAH reveal a new time.
As Isaiah 11:12, "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."
I see Haile Selassie I with a flag which has red on the base, yellow, where a lion is and green at the top. I keep the changes just as Istory.
The rainbow theory was mentioned as a life line to the ones who painted the David house with red at the top! The revelation was recited., but I n I came to agree that a rainbow has many colours and H.I.M could set up an ensign with a rainbow on it.
Raspec' I.

Messenger: Ras Mikael Enoch Sent: 9/30/2010 6:52:31 AM

Greetings,
As I have always been interested in banners and flags,
prior to InI's awareness of Ras Tafari and Ethiopia,
I am drawn to the hidden meanings of everything contained.
To InI personally, the green is on top, just as the Ethiopians
have it on their flag. Lest there be confusion with Ghana,
which is no problem in itself, with Accra, however InI want
to center-in on Aksum (Axum)....the Key to everything Holy
and Righteous...and of course why the Romans came to steal
more Empire :
2/3 October, 1935
75 Year Anniversary (2010)

Colors and their arrangement should really be no issue of
contention, that essentially steals time away from other
issues that are more important, like at the end of this
web-page :
http://www.exorcist.org.nz/aotearoa

Those Evil Romans are Unbelievably Sadistic and Shrewd !

InI was able to get ahold of a pre-Marxist Hell Ethiopian
flag with the original lion design, evisioned by Ethiopians
and the lion design that Haile Selassie I wanted.
So that is the one I want.
I man have been on the scen for quite some time now,
1977, and I have seen it all. Lord.

1. H.I.M. Lion w/ 2 (two) crosses
2. Marxist Soviet Lion w/ Spear
3. Marxist Soviet (No Lion At All)
4. Godless Marxist Soviet Lion w/ No Crosses
5. Just Green Gold Red
6. Present-Day Non-Shoa Rule
blue [pentagram (wicca/satan occult)]

This is InI's first posting to this great newsgroup,
for the righteous to connect and reason...
Thanks for being here -

http://www.exorcist.org.nz/framed_at_kkup
http://www.exorcist.org.nz/music_mafias
http://www.exorcist.org.nz/the_devils_radio

All pages have audio.

Ras Mikael Enoch

Messenger: RASKISHO Sent: 10/13/2010 1:51:54 PM

YES I BREDRENS INI HAVE ALWAYS SEE ITHIOPIA FLAG WITH GREEN ON TOP EVEN IN BATTLE THE PEOPLE STILL CARRY THE FLAG DAT WAY AND ON ALL OF BOB MARLEY RECORDS WHICH I HAVE COLLECTED THE GREEN IS ALWAYS ON TOP WE SAY RALLY ROUND THE RED GOLD AND GREEN LIKE IN STEEL PULSE SONGS , GREEN TO INI SIGNIFY PEACE WHICH INI DEAL WITH AND ALSO THE EARTH WHICH WE SHOULD CARE FOR SHOUD'NT DAT BE PRIORITY NUMBER ONE YELLOW IZ FOR THE RICHES DAT THE BRITHISH,GREEKS,AND ALL DEM ERUOS,STOLD FROM INI,NOW WITH ALL OF DAT AH GWAN RED IZ FOR WAR MONGERS WHICH INI ARE NOT AND RESOLVE TO DAT AZ AH LAST RESORT SEEN DATS HOW INI SEE THE COLORS. I HAVE LEARN TO SEE AND DONT SEE BUT INI DONT WEAR NOTHING IF MY COLORS AINT G.Y.R.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 10/15/2010 2:49:51 PM

Hello,

I bought my Lion oF Judah flag when i was in addis ababa, tikur anbessa neighborhood. All the churches fly green on top, gold in middle, and red at bottom. I met a Ras when i bought the flag and he said fire burn to me all the time! I guess da fire helped, but i imitate everything of da habeshans and not of ghanaians flag! to each his own. Everything is real in Zion!

Igzabhier yistilign

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/17/2010 4:07:54 PM

KING EMMANUEL THE 7TH, the Black Christ in flesh, the Man of "R"... and we know who this man is; the Holy Comforter, even the I-rit of Truth, HIM say RED-GOLD-GREEN.

And that "R" what I live by...

HOLY EMMANUEL I KING SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI !!!

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 10/17/2010 5:49:32 PM

Can any one I here tell i for certain why The Father said , Red Gold and Green in that speech ?

How hard would it have been for the Emperor of Ethiopia to have the banner officially as Red Gold and Green instead of how ini all know it to be, Green Gold and Red ?

One proclamation, and His Will would have been Done

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 10/18/2010 4:42:11 AM

"The rainbow theory was mentioned as a life line to the ones who painted the David house with red at the top! "

The Ithiopian flag represents di Rainbow Circle Throne which is the Throne of Jah Covenant which Jah mek with InI....dat is not a theory.
Why do di i dem think the holy people, priests,monks, etc inna Ithiopia wear the same colors as the national flag ? uno think seh dem very nationalistic ?

Yes,rainbows have more than 3 colors, but, look pon di sky, those 3 are the colors that are most visible, those are the colors dat jump to your eyes at once.....as was said, it is a representaion of what man see inna di sky. Look pon it, first ting yuh sight will be the Red, becah red have the longest wavelength, then orange have the second longest, but it basically look Red inna di sky, then its the Yellow, then the Green...goes on to violet which have the shortest wavelength. The ranges of these different colors vary drastically, and the boundaries of them are somewhat approximate as they blend into each other...so anyone look inna di sky, tek any picture of a rainbow, before yuh see anythin else yuh see the red gold and green, dont?

how rainbows mek
The colours of a rainbow always appear in the same order, beginning at the outer edge: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. Sometimes the light reflects twice off the inside of a raindrop, creating a second rainbow just above the first. But when this happens the colours will appear in the reverse order, red on the inside, and so on.
dats how I man sight it, the Ithiopian flag is dat second rainbow, a reflection
"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. "

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/19/2010 10:34:56 PM

Yes I, the best thing is to remember it is the Rainbow Circle Throne, so if a Rainbow turns around in a circle, then it will be red, gold, green on one part and green, gold, red on the other, both arrangements sharing equal space.

Haile Selassie I is One, not separate.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I