Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4033&start_row=11

Accepted into Mount Zion

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/3/2010 12:21:10 PM

look at the christmas broadcast speech on this website.

There are two different english translations, one where the interpreter assumes Selassie I was speaking about the american flag and made his interpretation reflect that. The other interpretations says what Selassie I actually said. I used to have the "american flag" translation, but then replaced it with the translation from Selassie I autobiography.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/3/2010 3:01:33 PM

Greetings,

It says...''People of America! I wish you a merry Christmas. I plead with you to remember in your prayers all those weak and endangered peoples who look to the flags of the free nations with confidence, hoping to discern the star which will announce their peace and future security.''
He is talking about free nations like America and Britian, am i wrong?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/3/2010 3:39:14 PM

There are many free nations.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/3/2010 3:51:28 PM

Here is a Reasoning I made before that relates to some of the things you are asking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regards to Selassie I comments about the US. I will post a quote from Selassie I that I have posted many times.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Just like any other nation on earth, not everything the US does is wicked, some things are wicked and other things good. The goals of the US that Selassie I agree with are the goals that deal with good works. I won't bother going through the good things the US have done, but there are plenty of people who speak good about the US because of the help they have provided. And there are also plenty that speak of the wicked.

People find it hard to accept the ways of God. That is why they reject the teachings of Jesus Christ and Haile Selassie I. Jah does good for all his children, the good and the wicked. If Jah only did good for the good and dealt with destruction for the wicked, then no human would be alive today. Jah is Iver merciful and Iver forgiving, always calling on his children to do good but still lets them live when they do bad.

Selassie I also told the US,

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

In truth there is no legitimate reason or good cause which justifies war. Was it not this fundamental spirit which dwelt in American statesmen and their brothers in other parts of the world that enabled them to write the new international principles according to the laws of Our Savior. The principles were intended to avoid the calamities of war and to bring together the big and small nations of the world as one family and settle disputes that might arise between them through appropriate law and justice.

Selassie I showed them that they should live as Christ. And Selassie I brought forth encouragement for acknowledging their part in the forming of the League of Nations, but at the same time bringing judgment to them by describing the principles that the League was meant to deal with, and showing them that "In truth there is no legitimate reason or good cause which justifies war"

As Christ said, "If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin."

Stop looking at Selassie I in reference to the men of the earth. Look at Selassie in reference to the way of God, that was also shown to us by the example of Jesus Christ. Then you might come to Iverstand HIM ways.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/4/2010 9:56:15 AM

Greetings,

So when Haile Selassie say, ''In truth there is no legitimate reason or good cause which justifies war" this is talking about how America and otehr nations are making war with all these people?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/4/2010 10:04:21 AM

Haile Selassie I is speaking of a Iniversal Truth.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I