Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3953&start_row=11

Israeli ship attack

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/14/2010 9:45:08 AM

Israel approved their own investigation into the incident. Here is something I found in the news in reference to a statement from the White House
------------------------
In Washington, the White House press secretary issued a statement hailing the Israeli announcement as an "important step forward." The statement added that "the structure and terms of reference of Israel’s proposed independent public commission can meet the standard of a prompt, impartial, credible and transparent investigation," as sought by the United Nations Security Council.

"But," the White House cautioned, "we will not prejudge the process or its outcome and will await the conduct and findings of the investigation before drawing further conclusions."
------------------------

I doubt that the US would call most other countries self-investigation an "independent public commission". There will be an Irish and Canadian observer who will have no say into any judgements made and will most likely be fed a filtered and likely altered version of "evidence".

I just can't get over how they could call it an independent public commission. Who do they think they are fooling by that statement?

I quoted this statement from Israel foreign minister before:
-----------------------
"We didn't start this provocation, we did not send bullies with knives and metal rods to Turkey," he said. "The entire blame, all of it, from beginning to end, is that of Turkey. We have nothing to apologize for. On the contrary."
-----------------------

So if they are so sure that they are not at all to blame and have nothing to apologize for even before their independent self-investigation, how is it possible that their investigation will come to any other conclusion.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/14/2010 10:29:58 AM

The inquiry will be headed by retired Supreme Court Justice Jacob Turkel.

He wrote something before called "Remarks on telling the truth or lying." I would be interested to know what he wrote.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 6/14/2010 1:57:03 PM

As mi understand it, while dem a start to do this so called investigation now , a military investigation is already taking place, and funnily, once the military investigation is done, the ones doing this inquiry now are not allowed to ask the soldiers any questions

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/14/2010 4:32:15 PM

That is not surprising. It is such a complete joke when I see anybody refering to this as a legitimate investigation.

If it wasn't for the US, Israel would have probably been stopped a long time ago.

The US has used its UN veto power 95 times in the last 38 years to protect Israel from bearing any responsibility for their actions and to allow the continuing dowpression of the Palestinians.

61 of the vetoes were resolutions directly targeting Israel, while 34 were about Palestinian issues like self-determination, rights, living conditions and assistance.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/14/2010 4:52:05 PM

Like Noam Chomsky reasoned Israel's policies are very harmful to itself.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/16/2010 11:01:51 PM

There are some American congressmen blaming Turkey for the ship attack. They are bringing up a completely unrelated issue with regards to the Armenian genocide, although Turkey did commit wickedness against the Armenians, who Selassie I helped.

------------------
Speaking at the same press conference, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Indiana) said he recently warned the Turkish ambassador that “With regard to Congress of the United States, there will be a cost if Turkey stays on its current path of growing closed to Iran and more antagonistic to the State of Israel.”

Among other issues, he said, he was now likely to switch his vote to support a resolution recognizing the mass killing of Armenians during the Ottoman empire as a genocide, a move he had voted against in the past because he thought relations with Turkey were more important.

Turkey has vehemently opposed the resolution, briefly recalling its ambassador to the US when the measure passed a House committee earlier this year.

The Obama administration, in keeping with past administrations, has opposed the resolution moving to the full chamber for a vote because of Turkish sensitivities. Many Jewish lobbies in Washington opposed the resolution on the same grounds.
------------------
US Congressmen express ire toward Turkey

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/16/2010 11:07:34 PM

Selassie I adopted Armenian children to play in a marching band.

------------------
In 1923, Regent Ras Tafari visited Jerusalem.
While there, He was told of the suffering of a large group of Armenian orphan children.
These children were survivors of a massacre that had taken place a few years earlier when the Turks had slaughtered a large number of Armenians.
Ras Tafari took these children back to Ethiopia with Him to be raised there.
In Ethiopia, these orphans formed a marching band that would play at the Palace and Royal functions

Forward to 1930, the Crowning of His and Her Imperial Majesties.
It was arranged that the Armenian orphan marching band would play on that occasion.
When each delegation from each country came forward, the band was instructed to play the national anthem of that particular country.
Soon enough, the Turkish delegation arrived.
The Armenian youths of the band refused to play the national anthem of the Turks.
Because of this disruption, there was great anger in the Ethiopian Royal Court.
A royal council was called to decide how to punish the band for disobeying the Emperor´s orders.
When the children were asked to explain, they answered with tears in their eyes that they could not play the Turkish national anthem because that would be a dishonor to their families who had been slaughtered at the hands of the Turks.
------------------
Question

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/13/2010 11:27:00 AM

INVESTIGATION INTO FLOTILLA RAID FINDS ERRORS IN JUDGEMENT,NO NEGLIGENCE. An Israeli military investigation into a deadly raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla concluded monday that there were "no failures,but mistakes were made". Nine activists,all Turks, died and dozens were wounded. One of those killed had dual U.S.-Turkish citizenship. the investigation found that while high-level officials had committed errors in judgement,no one in the military had behaved negligently. When judgement comes pon dem InI know it won't be an error or negligence.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I