Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=383&start_row=11

anti-inflammatory drugs

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/22/2004 9:48:38 AM

legacy, there are many resources on the internet and in books, that speak about the different qualities of herbs, and how they can be used.

Also, acupuncture is a very good thing for healing the body. I hurt my back some years ago, and no one could do anything to help. I went to a physiotherapist and then a chiropractor and they couldn't help I. I took some anti-inflammatory pills for one week and then I stopped taking them. I was using some chinese herbs at that time that were much more effective then babylon's pills. The chinese herb tea was prepared by a chinese herbal man, and the tea smelled very bad, it was hard to swallow, it almost made I feel like throwing up so I had to drink slow, but it served its purpose.

At one point, the doctor told I that there was nothing he could do for I except give I pain medication, and he said to I "if it gets bad enough, you could get surgery, but I wouldn't suggest that".

Eventually, after some years of pain, I decided to try acupuncture. I became a little bit better each time I went and eventually became much better. Pain is still there sometimes, but it is so much better than before. And I still feel that in time I will defeat this problem with acupuncture and exercise. The exercise part is the one I need to start putting more concentration in.

Another thing, if I and I eat healthier and live a healthier life, then I and I will be less likely to have a problem start. Prevention is the best cure.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 7/27/2004 12:13:34 PM

Thank ya Ark I for that story. i have believed in healing in other ways than the usual "take a pill, cure everything." that is pure Babylon. It's harder sometimes to find natural and safe cures for ailments, and pills are pushed all de time. i will search on the internet for natural cures...i will see what success i have with that, and i can possibly post my findings.

Ark I- has the I tried meditation? i have found success in healing meditation (focusing on the painful area, and taking deep breaths to get oxgyen to that area) it is said that healing is 80% mental and only 20% physical.

one luv and peace,
legacy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/27/2004 11:28:56 PM

Yes, I have tried meditation, but it seems that for my problem, acupuncture is the best medicine.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 7/18/2008 8:34:46 PM

Natural healing is the best, but sometimes Western medicine may be necessary to fix an immediate problem. Anyone with pneumonia should consider antibiotics. Also anyone trying to stay Ital might want to be sure of what Chinese herbs they are taking. When I was in China a doctor I knew gave me pills made from powdered lizard for my asthma. Also, a lot of Chinese medicines for blood flow have powdered deerhorn. I took them because I dont keep an Ital diet, just a warning to others. The Chinese say the only thing with four legs that they dont eat is the kitchen table. Chinese medicine is really good though. A doctor at a hospital in China gave me herbal medicine for an ear infection and I was happy to get something natural. I thought it was really cool to see college educated doctors giving natural medicines.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/29/2010 10:16:50 AM

Eleazar reminded I of this Reasoning.

What the Idren above said about the chinese medicine is true. Those that are Ital have to make sure to specify that they don't want any animal products, I made sure to mention that. Depending on who is preparing the medicine, they may or may not heed the request, so that should be kept in mind.

Another thing that I heard in recent times is that some (not all, just some) chinese herbal places actually add western medicine to their herbal mixture. And since some of the herbs they include are in powder form, it is easy to hide powdered or crushed up western medicine.

I haven't used chinese herbal medicine for years. The taste of many of the mixtures is so bad, that I have to be pretty desparate to use it. Now, I usually do some research to decide which herbs to use.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/29/2010 3:38:11 PM

I will keep that in mind if I decide to try Chinese medicine, I have heard of many different animals being used in folk remedies.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/25/2012 5:14:56 PM

Grounding is Anit-inflamitory... Walk on earth barefoot, there are electons all over the earth, I acant obsorb into body with rubber and plastic shoes on. Research grounding or earthing...

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/27/2012 12:46:52 AM

Ye man. Giv thanks fo de iledge. Der is a need for some rasta herbalists in many places to take care of sick ital man. I n I need more iledge on herbs. Selasie I.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I