Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3727&start_row=1

Inter Faith (Mixed) Marriage

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Writer Sent: 11/1/2009 8:17:00 PM

I am writing a book about how different religions view interfaith or mixed marriages. I am look for someone who could write about, or give me information about what is the Rastafari point of view. I would like to know if there is a theological understanding about marrying Jews, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, etc, but also Agnostics and Atheists and how to bring up any children. I would ike to know if there is anyone in this situation and what has been the reaction of families, friends, communities. I am looking to find out what is the practical, daily experience of such a union and what are the sociological, or psychological perspectives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2009 11:15:29 PM

Some are against it and others are fine with it.

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 12/17/2009 8:59:55 AM

I agree with Ark I.

Blessed love Rastafari

Messenger: irielight Sent: 12/17/2009 10:02:53 AM

where there is love there is always a way :)

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/17/2009 2:43:49 PM

RASTAFARI POINT OF VIEW IS ONE TRUE LOVE. Rastafari people are not racial. If those who get married are in the same overstanding and spirit then thier should be no problem.If not don't take that step.

I was wondering what other point of views you have already got from other people outside RastafarI? and why the divorce rate is 50%?

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I