Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3724&start_row=1

Trust...who needs it?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2009 5:28:21 AM

What do you do when,
within a short space of time,you deal with so much issues of complete betrayal, mistrust and malice from strangers, friends and family alike, that you reach to a point where even a minimum amount human contact becomes almost completely distasteful to you ?
How do you turn the tide?

I wonder if one can reach a point where one become totally incapable of trusting another person ever again

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/1/2009 12:24:49 AM

I think it is possible for people to reach a point where they will never trust another person again. Notice that I said never trust instead of incapable of trusting, because people are always able to do it, but just because they are able, doesn't mean they will ever trust again.

This is a little off topic, but saying "able" reminded I of an Idren of mine. This happened over ten years ago, I had a message on I answering machine saying something like "You have reached (I can't remember the number), I am unable to answer the phone right now, please leave a message and I will call you as soon as I can."

The Idren reasoned with I very seriously and said I should never say I am unable, because I and I must be like Abel, because Abel was the Righteous son, and unable is the opposite of that. So I changed the answering message.

In regards to the other part of your Reasoning, I wanted to look for an old Reasoning I made because I think it is the way to not let such things bring a person down. Through searching for the Reasoning, I noticed that what I wanted to say was split up between a few Reasonings. I added the other parts to the Reward Reasoning, so they would all be together. The whole Reasoning is good to read to Iverstand what I am saying, but here are some of the parts as an introduction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
It is all about expectation. If a person expects better from somebody else, they will often get vex when the person doesn't behave like they expect.

I don't expect anything from anybody. The only person I expect something from is Iself. Since I don't expect anything from others, I don't get disappointed or vex as often because I didn't expect them to do better then they did. That doesn't mean that I never get vex when I see people deal wickedly, but I get vex less often and for a shorter period of time.

Also, since I don't expect anything, it makes I notice it more when somebody does something righteous.

I trust and faith is in Jah, not men.

don't look for help in man, because the help of man is vanity. If you come into problems, ask I and I father Jah RasTafarI, and Jah will provide help. Sometimes Jah will send Jah Spirit through a man or woman, and other times Jah will send Jah Spirit with no other human involved.

But if a Man's or Woman's focus is in One place, on Jah RasTafarI as I and I Natural Livity and Creation, then nothing can change them, because they expect nothing from the outside, nothing from the world, their expectation is only on themself, to Live by the example and Spirit of God. To Love their brothers and sisters, the earth, the heavens and all that is. So whatever the season be, nothing has changed with them because they have learned the full example of Jah RasTafarI.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/18/2009 3:22:16 PM

i need it!! i need to trust in order to find peace, but still i am not able. the reason- everytime i do it i get bit by it. so i say i have to see the goodness of people and the good spirit that dwells within and still very hard.
so i had to create a wall and not let notting in... but is that not vanity ? is that not selfishness i ask iself and it is. now i am slowly breaking the walls down.
I think i can find that childhood trust only in those i knew as a child, but still Jah Knows.
There is no trust because there is a lack of honesty..even for good or bad freind or family one must be really hard and honest, not afraid of hurting once feelings or something foolish like that. That will slowly but surly come in the way of honesty.
I have tried and ended up lossing close people to I, because i spoke like it was, but now i have learnt a big lesson speak less and hear more.RastafarI will reveal to I and I who to trust and most of all be trustworthy, He will never want to see I struggle, because without a little bit trust one will be really alone.

Hail H.I.M

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/19/2009 10:52:22 AM

About three years ago, there was a family moving in to my neighborhood, like two buildings away from mine. And i remember that day, i was just walking through, and i saw them carrying their things in. It was only the father and his young son,they are from somewhere in the middle east, and the father was an older man, somewhere in his fifties i would guess. So anyway, when i saw them, i wasnt doing anything, so i went over and offered my help, and i helped them carry their stuff in.

So, since then, i have hardly spoken two words to the man, but i always say hello whenever i see him around, and he always greets me as well, but nothing further than that.
So today, im walking out from my place, and i hear this voice calling, friend, friend
so i turn around thinking, who is calling me friend, and i see him across the street, waving to i
So i go over. He shakes my hand, and he leans close to me, and says, wait here, i have something for you.
So now, im watching this quiet elder man go running into his house
im thinking whats going on today ?
Then he comes back down, and he says to i, take it off
I was like huh? Same time, i could see he was holding something behind his back
He says again, take it off, and points to my head.....and i realized, he was talking about my tam.

And he pulls his hand from behind his back, and he has got this really nice tam with a red gold green ring around it
He is smiling from ear to ear, me, i am thinking, is this really happening?
Now , he is telling i how his friend had just come from JA, and he had this brought especially for me
I was still like, Really ?

A tam doesnt really mean anything to i, but the fact that this man, this stranger, would even think to remember i like this....thats something else, that has got me sitting here scratching my head

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/19/2009 11:44:15 AM

"so i had to create a wall and not let notting in."

hmm, thats interesting

i wonder if there is a difference between not letting anything in and not letting anything out

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/19/2009 7:33:12 PM

i see Jah blessed you for breaking down barriers and helping someone, as far as people doing bad to you, you just have to keep loving them, and if thier hungry feed them, naked clothes them, for so you will heap coals of fire on thier heads <------- i know a little but what does it mean to heap coals of fire on thier head?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/19/2009 11:12:31 PM

Jah Bird, the I said,
----------------------------------
I have tried and ended up lossing close people to I, because i spoke like it was, but now i have learnt a big lesson speak less and hear more.
----------------------------------

Here is a suggestion I have in regards to what the I Reasoned there.

------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes when I and I see someone deal with folly, it is not the best to tell them right away, but it is better to wait until later.

I don't want to speak in vanity, so if a person is in a mind state where they will just ignore what I say, then it might be better to hold those words. When their mind state is more willing to hear, then the words can be spoken and they will be heard.

When I and I see somebody we know doing wrong, I and I shouldn't wait a long time to tell the person that they are dealing with wrong. Sometimes it can be said right away, and the person will hear it. But other times it will go on deaf ears. I don't want to only speak the right, but I want the right to also be heard. If I tell someone that something they did was against Jah, I don't say it for my benefit or to embarrass them, and I don't say it so I can go to Jah and tell Jah that I did my part by telling them. I also don't say it to judge them, but I say it so they can correct theirself and save theirself from judgment.

One situation I can use to explain what I am saying is that if you are with a group of people and one person speaks or does some wickedness. Sometimes it is necessary to immediately speak. But when it is not necessary to immediately speak, then it is better to take the person aside and tell them the problem, instead of saying it in front of everyone and embarrass the person. In some cases it might be necessary to embarrass the person so that they see it, but other times it will cause them to ignore it and only be vex.

Another situation is this. One time I was with a Bredren of mine. He brought I to his Queen's house and we were reasoning. He had brought I as a mediator between them because they were having a lot of problems. But he didn't tell I until afterwards that he brought I for this purpose. They were speaking and they started arguing, I can't remember exactly what they were arguing about. They then involved I by asking I questions about their argument. I could tell from the Irits of I bredren, that he was confident and thought that I would be on his side in the matter. And I could tell from the Irits of the woman, that she was very defensive, because she perceived that it was two against her.

Both were in the wrong, but I knew that if I spoke about the woman at that time, that she would not listen to a word and would only increase in vexation. So I first spoke about what the bredren dealt with. She started to feel less defensive as I was speaking, because I was speaking of his wrongs. After a little while her confidence rose up higher and I could tell that she was in a better mindset to hear I words. So I spoke about the things that she was dealing with, and she heard I words without any vexation at all.

Afterwards, I told her how I perceived her spirit in the beginning, and that I waited until I perceived that she was able to hear what I said. She looked so surprised and asked I how I knew. I told her that it was Jah.

These are the kind of situations that I am speaking about. I and I are not here to just tell people that they are wrong, Jah has already shown us that a long time ago. I and I are here to turn people away from wrong, unto the righteousness of Jah.

Know When to Speak
------------------------------------------------------

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/23/2009 11:59:29 AM

blessed,

I give thanks for the word sound Ark I.
Yes Ras KebreAB, there is a difference, when i meant let notting in it's like filtering and really waching the words one speak to I. I really can't seem to trust (now adays)what people say to I. I just don't belive it. Then come the 'notting out'part, i try in all honesty to be upfront, what i speak is the truth but most can't handel it especially when it comes to serious matters. Some people aroun i seem to be interessted in RastafarI and the livity, but i don't know if it is genuine so i hold i tounge. It may be wrong but that is the problem.
It's a struggle and it sound hypocrite
I don't know if i make sence.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/24/2009 11:24:20 PM

The reason people don't want to hear the truth is because it forces them to face what they don't want to face.

If they weren't told, they could easily continue pretending it's not there.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I