Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3720&start_row=11

Fear

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/29/2009 9:43:30 PM

Ras KebreAB, the I said,
------------------------------
the more righteous one is , the more fear of God one has....and of course vice versa
------------------------------

I would agree with that, but what the I is really describing in that statement are those that are on the path to Righteousness, rather than those who are Righteous. When I said "those that Trust and have Faith in God have no need to fear God.", I was referring to a more absolute form of Trust, Faith and Righteous. I and I who are on the path of Righteousness are only partly Righteous, otherwise there would be no more wickedness to burn within, because all of it would be gone and only Oneness would remain.

It is kind of like the Reasoning about those that are free from sin not being under the law because there is no law against Righteousness. So the fear, instead of being for the Righteous, are for those that are not Righteous, and the more a Man or Woman is on the path of Righteousness, the more fear they will have, because the other direction will look worse and worse.

But I think the fear is a little misplaced because people think Jah is punishing them when they fall in their sin, when it is really them that punished themselves by refusing to Trust the rudder which is Selassie I. I think people should fear the lack of God, more than fearing God. When I say lack, I mean it as the person's lack, because God can't lack. So the farther away a person is from God, the less they will listen and look to Selassie I for Itection and Guidance. That lack of God's influence in their decisions and movements will always lead to destruction and death.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2009 3:59:15 AM

Yes, i like what you wrote, especially the third paragraph. I agree with everything said there
Yes, first comes awareness of what life is worth, for anything that is precious, you will fear to lose it
And life, not only is it precious, but its the only thing we have, without it there is nothing else.
And then one would need to come to an awareness of who holds life in the balance, who has the real authority and power.
Once one is aware of this, one will realize that without HIM, there is no life, as you said, it will only lead to death and destruction.
So to fear God is really to know what your life is worth
So it is said fear not them that hurt the flesh but cant touch the soul.

So yes, no one should fear God, but all should fear displeasing the Father.
Not because He is a mean and punishing Father, but because to displease HIM, is for your self to be a detriment to yourself, because everything that pleases HIM is for your benefit.
You obey HIS laws because all HIS laws are there so that your life may be preserved, not because He is vain for control over you, but because He loves you
Which is i think , the same what you are saying Ark I, that people shouldnt fear God but should fear the lack of God in their life.
If you displease HIM (show no fear of HIM and disobey HIM), while trying to please others (have fear of them and obey them), then the only punishment you will get is separation from HIM, which , to them that know what life worth, there is nothing worse .

Now, your first paragraph, i have questions about that
You said, "I and I" so i think i can assume that includes i and also yourself
So, basically, it is as if you are saying to me, KebreAb, you are only partly righteous for you are still on the path to righteousness and you still have things to burn out still.

Now, unless my overstanding changes from what it is right now, i wouldnt accept that statement over me....and neither would i accept it over you.

As sure as i stand here, i am sure that you are a righteous man, not partly righteous.
But by no means does this mean that you or i do not have anything we need to burn out still.

The thing is there are two phrases that you are using which seem the same but are actually quiet different
path OF righteousness and path TO righteousness.

If you notice the difference between the two, then you can sight how i see this thing
The way i see it is, the very moment one starts, with true intention of heart, to walk on the path TO righteousness (as a destination), that very same moment, that person is on the path OF righteousness(as his livity)

And once a persons starts to walk on the path OF righteousness, that very moment, that person can be said to be righteous.
He will make mistakes, he will sin once in while, but as long as his intentions are focused on staying on the path OF righteousness, that is a righteous man

So, when you make a distinction between, "those that are on the path to Righteousness, rather than those who are Righteous."
i dont see a distinction, even though i overs what you are putting across
Because , the way i see it, those on the path TO righteousness, walking along the path OF righteousness, they are the righteous.

For this reason, i can safely say,that you are a righteous man, not partly but in fullness because i know you intentions are fully focused on righteousness

You said we have things to burn out still
You should know its because you are righteous that you even know you have things to burn out
Yes , you make mistakes, i make mistakes, a righteous man makes mistake like anyone else, but its because we are righteous that we are even capable of accepting our mistakes and learning from them. You might get angry sometimes,but your righteousness will return your anger

So i say again, the righteous and the unrighteous likewise need to fear God, the unrighteous must fear to bring them back to the right way, and the righteous must fear to keep them on the right way.

No matter how righteous a man is, if not careful he can stray.
In fact the more righteous one is, the more satan will attack and try to make him stray, satan doesnt need to attck the unrighteous, he already owns them
As Ezekiel say
But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/1/2009 12:43:28 AM

Yes I, I sight your Reasoning, I and the I are on the same Vibes. I just make one more level of distinction, which I think the I also makes, it might be just a matter of the words chosen that makes things appear different. I speak of the Righteous as being those on the Path of Righteousness. Just as I say those are One, who are on the Path of Oneness. Even though I say that, there is a form of Righteousness and Oneness that I sometimes refer to that has a meaning of complete Righteousness and complete Oneness, and those two words in that form basically mean the same thing because if One is there, Right is there; and if Right is there, One is there.

I make the distinction as an Iver present reminder of the Example that I and I are here to Reach, not just walk towards.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/1/2009 5:42:57 PM

who can really say they are righteouss and are free from sin. we still speak bad and think bad, if thats not the case then why christ sacrifice himself for I and I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2009 9:21:54 AM

Young Lion,

The view that the I holds about why Christ sacrificed Himself is blinding your eyes to the real reason why Christ sacrificed Himself. Instead of using Christ's sacrifice as an excuse to be less than Perfect, look at his sacrifice to convince the I self how important Christ's Teachings are and be Perfect as the Most High is Perfect, because that is what Christ told I and I to do.

Here is more information:

Sacrifice

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2009 10:40:17 PM

I came across this scripture today.

Proverbs 29
25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/5/2009 7:15:40 PM

nice reasoning of sacfrifice, it seems like the babylon way of seeing christ is thinking they can do anything they want just because he died for us, I n I must submit ourselves to Jah ways, talk jah talk, walk jah walk

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/7/2009 7:24:34 PM

When a man walks in the fear of God he knows no fear, even if he
were to be surrounded by wicked men. He has the fear of God within
him and wears the invincible armor of faith. This makes him strong
and able to take on anything, even things which seem difficult or
impossible to most people. Such a man is like a giant surrounded
by monkeys, or a roaring lion among dogs and foxes. He goes
forward trusting in the Lord and the constancy of his will to
strike and paralyze his foes. He wields the blazing club of the
Word in wisdom.

St. Symeon

"Constancy of His will"