Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3662&start_row=1

Violence

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 8/22/2009 6:05:43 PM

Blessed Love,
it has been a long time since i have been on board here. I guess many things have transpired and have brought i back to the fold here. I request reasoning on a personal manner that has brought chaos into i livity. I callupon the most high that bredrins and sistren are guided to speak eyes-up pon this situation.

How does one deal with physical violence when the perpetuator is involved with a intimate partner, both of whom have addiction.

Ini don't site how i can speak of non-violence and then fight it with violence. The assulter has run away, but has not left alone the situation. OF course my partner doesn't want to chose sides and sees this as a "woman issue". I don't see it that way. The girl physically attacked i on i own property. I am 49, she is 25... it makes no sense for an elder to physically hurt a younder unstable person, but to embrace her, would be like jumping into fire. I site that i fight fire with water to end this circle of violence.

I don't want to engage Babylon soldiers 1) the are not concerned with these issues 2) isn't spiritual power greater than babylon shit$tem? 3)Not the high road.

I feel like the best way for i to deal with this is to write a letter to her expressing what i feel, what she needs to do repatriate the harm she has caused. family and friends have suggested that i "kick her a..." to pressing charges, to having my people beat her.

I really hate discussing this, and yet i know i need guidance direction and validation for what to do. My usual action is let forgive(which i have done already) and then let it go. This however is the second time and there must be justice, not just for myself but for others that she may harm. it has been suggested that she sees hatred in me (physically)becuase i remind her of sexual abuse that she experienced in the past. How can address this person's pain when she doesn't want to engage in dialouge excpet to physically and verbally beat me up?

I am not a weak person because for the second time in my life i could feel the power to physically hurt someone, fatally... really and it took all ini control and power to not practice that sort of engagement...at that moment. I don't feel that right now, but felt the fight or flight rush at the time. I want to be a vehicle of change of healing and hope and this has really shaken my spirit and called into question i livity of non-violence.

Any reasonings, experience on the is si greatly appreciated and welcome. INI just want to live upright conscious and just...

blessed love
rasta far i

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/22/2009 10:35:06 PM

I wonder how much good a letter would do. The I knows this woman better than I, so the I should Isider if a letter would have any positive effect.

If the I decides to write a letter, It might be better to split it in two letters. In the first letter, the I can explain what the I feel, and then in a different letter at a different time, explain what the I think should be done to fix the situation.

The reason I say that is because if the I put those parts together in one letter. The first part might be totally ignored because the second part will probably vex her too much for her to think straight. She would probably percieve the second part as the I is telling her what to do and that will automatically make her defensive.

Whatever the I decide to do, think about the woman's character and the I will realize the likely consequence of each action. Different people respond better to different approaches.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 8/27/2009 9:17:23 PM

blessed love, give thanks and isis to the reply Ark I.....i consider what the i is saying, and the character of this person is questionable because to this day she still does not recognize any wrongness in the situation. I am not our for revenge, but somehow she must come to knwo that it is wrong what she did. Now i have received a very expensive hospital bill.....i really do not like dealing with Babylon... but that seems to be her thing.... she seems to be fearful about that....

i am agry about the situation when i consider the actions, i am a bit doubtful of iself for putting my self in to a situation that i did not anticipate.....

i will write the letter, but i do not need to send it.....it will be a way to organize i thoughts i suppose.....i agree that two parts at differnt times makes a lot of sense.. tiome to consider the first letter and collect her thoughts.....

give thanks and praises for the guidance.....

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/29/2009 11:20:23 PM

A very expensive hospital bill? She hurt the I that bad?

That is wicked, make sure that whatever the I does moving forward are things that are best for the I. Don't sacrifice any part of yourself for a wicked person like that.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I