Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3661&start_row=1

downpression

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: raven Sent: 8/21/2009 2:36:42 PM

Sistren and Bretheren of reasonings
I post this in a form of apology. My sight was jaded by my own lack of knowlege. I thought I knew of and had experienced downpression in my life but after reading some books that I have now, that have the true history of the rastafai, and the "roots" of the people, in places such as Montego Bay, Pinnicle, and trenchtown, I now know that I have known nothing of true downpression.Knowing what I know now, I can feel true sadness for what has happened, and continues to happen to this day. The words of Bob, that I love so much, have so much more meaning and overderstanding now. My eyes are begining to open,and I realize how naieve I have been. This has only deepened my desire to live the life of rasta to the upmost that I can achieve. I have always believe in the ways of the rastafari, but my knowlege of how it came about was naieve in overstanding. Now that I am learning, and really reading the reasoning, I do believe that my life will follow in a more true way than before I knew of the history. I may not post alot, but everyday I begin my journeys with this reasoning forum, thank you for the insight to what I really needed to do
Jah livity.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/22/2009 3:28:42 PM

That is good that the I realized that the little suffering the I has had is hardly suffering at all compared to some others.

Even if the I looks in other places outside of RasTafarI people. There is so much suffering this very second in so many parts of the world.

When I see some people complain about some foolishness they went through or are going through, it makes I wonder what would happen to them if they had to endure some real suffering. Some people go through so much worse, and nobody would ever hear them cry, because they won't complain to others about it, or they would only share it with one or two people.

Look at your tribulation as training, to make yourself stronger so the I can resist much worse tribulation if it happens to come.

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I