Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3613&start_row=1

Talking

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/2/2009 7:15:36 PM

I'm staying in a group home, where we are mental patients taking medicine for our disorders such as paranoea, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder. My first 3 days in the house i tried my best to have fun and talk much, but i just couldnt stay flying high for so long, eventually you fall right back down, i keep my words to a minimum and just watch tv. How to conduct myself i'm very lost, what to do with my time, i'm getting some herb tommorow evening so that will be nice, any advice suggestions would help, one love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/2/2009 9:25:34 PM

My advice is to use this time to balance yourself again. Gain control over your mind, so that it doesn't go too far in certain thoughts. With discipline, you will remove the imbalance.

When the I leaves the place, continue to increase your discipline and control.

If the I is on medication, when the time comes that the I wants to stop it, make sure you stop it gradually. Because now that your mind is affected by the medication, if you remove it too quickly, the hormones that the medicine is blocking will overreact and you will likely be in a worse mental condition then you were before taking the medication.

Take at least six months, preferably more to gradually reduce the dosage to give your body enough time to balance your hormones.

Here is a Reasoning I made before.

Mental illness and Babylon medication

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 7/3/2009 7:04:12 AM

Hi Young Lion

Blessed Love

You should read a lot during the time. Anything you can lay your hands on.

Reading will give you the width of context that u will need in reoverstanding Self, where u stand, where u r, what is happening around you. So any reading at all will help you, as long as while u are reading u practice reading the words of the person who wrote... ask yourself who wrote it, what may they have been thinking, what may have they been seeing and representing. U can even read trash novels... anything... lol... in fact, in those kind of places there are always trash novels in circulation... it must be a secret medecine, cos the message is... what kind of world lets these people be novelists, and then put RasTa in mental homes. We must can laugh at it... ah joke ting.

Anyway, my advice is to spend as much time in the day reading as possible. It will remove you from the material confines of the environment which is important... as the way you conceptualise yourself within that setting is going to be very important towards the development of your own self understanding.

Also, dont avoid boredom. Boredom is good. Don't run from your own thoughts... face them up and think them out to the full. The nonsense will cease to make sense once you have let it run its course. Then all you will be left with is the sense.

I really apprecilove your tactic of keeping silent. It is the best thing, unless you have words to offer those around you. If you are too busy trying to make sense of yourSelf, then you won't be much help to the other people there.

I know this is a bit of a "public" forum... so tell me to mind my business if needs be... but I am really interested to know what is the "con"dition they are saying u r experiencing. And what sorts of medication are they giving u. I am asking becos here is thee I Rasta family, so between us all, I am sure we can look up some of the medications, get an overstanding of the type of 'psychosis' they are pinpointing in your case... and I am sure there will be some way to contribute to the unravelling. Psychosis is only a blockage in the way someone is able to process and accept their reality. It really is not as big a deal as it sounds... as a vast majority people living in the modern world today (no matter where on the globe they are) is suffering some measure of psychosis. So... lets not follow drugs companies who would tax people to breath fresh air if they could regulate it.

I think this might be a good opportunity to talk about all of our own psychoses, and the ways out of the tangle of misrepresentation that has lead to a maze of identity crisis en masse and... related psychosis.

Blessed Love Young Lion... I hope you can see straight to have a good time in the home. I know I would. There is no such thing as mad people. Even the worst mad people are not mad. They know exactly what they are seeing and what they saying (until they put them on full scale "anti"-psychotics, tranquilisers and the like...) Real mad people; they are the wicked. And nuff of the real mad people are "running the asylum" as the saying goes. So, I would suggest to you that there is some point to going amongst the "crazed" of "society". In Ancient Rome, mad people were respected and revered as being closer in irits to God.

And I must be as bonkers as the next cos I don't take mad people lightly or easy. Plus, mad people like to talk to me!!!! Don't ask me what that says about me folks... I am happy with the idea that if one says they are not mad, they are likely to be... if one says they are mad, they are quite sane. And I must be mad, cos everything I see everyday round yah looks like madness!

Anyway... look forward to more reasoning...

Blessed Love Ras Tafari family.

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 7/5/2009 7:15:21 PM

blessed love young lion,

before i found i self i had a serious mental depression for years true the trials and tribulations i had gone through in i life so i feel it for the i brethren,i dont really know what to say true i dont know the i background but i urge the i to seek knowledge,that will set i free brethren

peace be with the i...

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 7/5/2009 7:48:38 PM

If one is going to smoke ganja, then I would say do so in a mentally stable state.

Also regarding ganja I have been told that there are compunds within the plant that are being used to combat mental diseases. However the compounds are not just the THC from the bud, but the other compounds containted within the leaves, along with the bud. Also it would be used as tea to reap the benefits. You would have to do some research on that if you choose.

I would say try to level yourself before you smoke herb, if you are going to smoke it. If you want to use ganja use it like any other herb and brew it as a tea.

I actually think talking can be very theraputic also, when one is talkign to someone who genuinely cares and who takes the time to listen.

Physcological and Physical health goes hand in hand. So I would say try to focus on your physical health as best you can. Try to eat as well as you can, and to excercise (which can be theraputic also). And try to drink a lot of hebal teas. Try to cut out as must processed foods as possible, and try to eat as naturally as you can. If you feel good phsyically the chances are you will feel better mentally.

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 7/7/2009 9:10:51 AM

PRAY!

Jah gives you this time for your own. Go inside and the Almighty will guide the young I...

High blessings

It is called Prayer when man talks to God but Babylon fears God speaks to man and then call it psychosis

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/9/2009 6:54:05 PM

i'm taking lithium, risperdal, and synthroid....all i see is madness because madness is within me, sin is in me, i just dont know when i'll be free from all this noise in my head, rastafari family you blessed me with playing our thoughts through because they end with me smiling, why do i feel so confused? evrything i hear is almost a reflection of i thought, or feeling, it gets weird. i read some but i just dont have the patience to read long, i'm almost like a dead man, poor spirit, its just bad for me

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/9/2009 8:33:01 PM

Young Lion, you turned away from RasTafarI over a year ago. Maybe the I should return to the Most High.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 7/10/2009 8:48:07 AM

"madness is within me, sin is in me".

???

umm...

Ye, I once heard from a Priest that backwards is just like unto death. So... I guess it might well be true.

Thanks for the testimony, Young Lion. It is a good warning in that case.

You say sin is in you, so maybe that is who u r. There's no way to run from it, other than continue your medication...

Sounds like drowning tho.... really sounds bad. U have my sympathy. But in all reality, it seems like at some level u kno the differences inside of ur own mania. Only u know if ur mad or not. I thought u were being told ur a mad, but kno u r not. But it sounds like u agree. In that case, if u r there with them and trust their diagnosis then only they will be able to help u.

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 7/10/2009 5:04:12 PM

blessed love young lion,

be strong brethren,if you reconise you have a problem a pathway has been opened for you to righten your head......

what you need to do is slow down to the point of stopping, empty your mind, go into your self, meditate on why you are experiencing what you are experirncing, and find a way that works for yourself to conquer your illness,maybe keep ur mind busy,study,...

but you say 'sin is in me'? i'm guessing that means you have sinfull thoughts,well the best way to conquer that is any time these thoughts enter your head without hesitation shout out JAH name from the heart and praise him which will quickly shew them away....

peace,love and guidence young cub.....

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I