Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3600&start_row=1

MJ

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/27/2009 5:12:19 PM

Blessed Love

I've been observing the media's response to the death of Michael Jackson and although the man was scandalous and had questionable issues with his racial identity and relationship with children - it's time for the living to let the departed depart. In life there was a media obsession - the wierder the rumour the more the focus and its the same even in death. Newspapers have his face on the cover 'mourning him' but still write the most scathing things about him because this is what sells for them, his musical legacy and humanitarian side is forgotten and its more just how much of a "freakshow" Michael Jackson was. In this world we live in where every waking moment of a celebrity is captured as a visual, I am glad Bob Marley passed forward at the time that he did. I am glad he did not live to have the details of his life paraded on show so much that they would takeover the music he made. Even though them diss Bob Marley, but ironically make money out of his name and exploit RasTafarI, there is a glory to TafarI they can never touch and there is an enduring legacy to Marley that no tabloid could ever undo because he did not live in this time where celebrity stalking, paranoia and obsession are the order of the day. Generations from now Michael and Bob Marley's music will still be played, but the obesession with Michael Jackson's private life will never end.

I'm not seeking to compare Bob to MJ, they are two very different musical figures who both had a profound impact on the world and I know that Michael Jackson was also the creator of his own controversy - but my point is Bob was at least spared some of the coldheartedness of Babylon's vultures gathering over Michael Jackson's corpse feeding over this tragedy.

RasTafarI Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/27/2009 8:09:59 PM

I do not have any wish to reason about this matter.

All i would like to do is take a moment to remember and say goodbye.
A big part of my childhood has just ended. And all who are of my generation will overstand what i mean.
Give thanks

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I