Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3579&start_row=1

bob said it best

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/16/2009 10:26:04 AM

Stiff necked fools, you think you're cool
To deny me for simplicity
Yes you have gone, for so long
With your love for vanity now
Yes you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain imagination

So take JAH Sun, and JAH Moon
And JAH Rain and JAH Stars
And forever yes erase your fantasy, yeah

The lips of the righteous, teach many
But fools die for want to wisdom
The rich man's wealth is in his city
The righteous wealth is in His Holy Place

So take JAH Sun and JAH Moon
And JAH Rain, and JAH Stars
And forever, yes erase your fantasy
Destruction of the poor is in their poverty
Destruction of the soul is vanity, yea

To deny me for simplicity, yeah, yeah
Yes you have gone, gone for so long
With your love for vanity now

But I don't wanna rule ya
I don't wanna fool ya
I don't wanna school ya
Things you, you might never know about

Yes you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain, vain imagination
To deny me for, ooh simplicity

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/16/2009 12:04:07 PM

you can be a real a*hole rock. to be honest.

why not tell the youths you are advising what happened with ur trod, and how u walk now... and then give them the option as to whether or not they like your track, and the path u've gone along... before dishing out suggestions and methods for the best way of getting there.

Ones are coming here cos they see Rasta, love Rasta, are Rasta, wanna know Rasta... and u r vex cos u had ur chance and can never get it again. U want everyone stray like thee I... as if u can erase the border, and remark it around urself to include u. Not possible friend. You stepped over. Just 'llow RasTa people and do your thing.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2009 1:50:40 PM

Here is the link, so that if it is viewed in the future, Ones and Ones will know why Yaa reacted this way.

Question

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2009 3:30:18 PM

I wonder if the man noticed the line "the lips of the righteous teach many". I'm jst shaking my head.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2009 4:22:43 PM

Yes I, the lips of the Righteous teach many.

I will let the lips of the Righteous One Haile Selassie I speak on this. All the quotes can be found in the speeches on this website.

For Us, the importance of this University - indeed, of any institution of higher education - is fourfold.

1. First, it provides the institutional framework wherein ancient and tested and proven knowledge can be passed on to the present and future generations.

Lacking such a framework, neither a country nor an educational system can bequeath and transmit profound knowledge to posterity (future generations). In this same fashion, the existence of Ge'ez and Amharic have enabled Ethiopia to preserve and pass to later generations the civilization and culture of her ancient people.

2. Second is the discovery and development of new knowledge through research. A university which does not expand the frontiers of learning through research can only be short-lived.

3. Third is the discharge of the obligation to teach others which the very creation of such an institution implies and embodies. This is its supreme function. The creation of the institutional framework alone does not guarantee that teaching will be effective; nor does the growth of learning within the university's walls by itself ensure that knowledge will be spread and diffused: The mere existence of a fund of Knowledge is not enough; unless knowledge is nurtured and nourished by devoted teachers and eager students alike, it will, like a pool of water following the rains- change its hue and slowly disappear.

And since a university is established and maintained through the will and support of a people and a government, we may consider, lastly, the use to be made of the knowledge which it has acquired or developed and which it is now transmitting to others. Clearly, this knowledge must be devoted to the ultimate fulfillment of the needs and desires of those to whom the university owes its being. A university which is unconcerned with the practical impact of the work on the people and the nation, which limits its horizons to the theoretical and the abstract and its activities to the; library and the laboratory, cannot long expect to enjoy the support of the people and the nation. !

....Teach, learn, and thereby extend increasingly, the frontiers of your knowledge.

The molding of the young minds of future generations will depend upon these teachers, for theirs is a great responsibility; and We would like to remind them that they should take to heart this obligation and act accordingly. Education is a means of sharpening the mind of man both spiritually and intellectually. It is a two-edged sword that can be used either for the progress of mankind or for its destruction. that is why it has been Our constant desire and endeavor to develop our education for the benefit of mankind.

Much as a man has progressed in the scientific and technological fields he has not made a parallel endeavor to enrich himself spiritually. The materialism of today is over-riding the spiritual values to the extent that today we observe a lot of unrest and social upheavals which have become common phenomena the world over. Unless humanity reverts to the time honored values which have enabled past generations to overcome with courage the adversities they had encountered in their daily lives, we shall not only be failing ourselves but posterity as well. In order to advance in our respective undertakings and set ourselves on the right path we have to learn and draw abundantly from the great spiritual heritage which our fathers and forefathers have bequeathed to us. This can give us strength and a sense of continuity which are essential for progress and development. Learning and profound knowledge nurture noble character and impart wisdom.

There is nothing more worthwhile and rewarding in life than to work for the benefit of others. One can derive more pleasure from giving than from receiving. We believe that each and every one of you who in leaving this institution for his or her respective calling has come to realize that education is seldom prized merely on account of its usefulness to individuals. Nor is it intended to be a mere ornament and a mark of distinction and prominence to the persons who are fortunate to receive it. Those who have had the opportunity to learn should always be at the disposal of those who have not had its benefit. Therefore, it is not only the individual but the community at large which should benefit from the virtues of education. The words of the Holy Bible, Give and it shall be given unto you, are worth observing in your daily lives. This momentous event should be a time in which you should reflect and pose to yourselves the questions, what kind of service are we going to render to our country and what do we intend to accomplish in life? It is our firm belief that if you forego self-love and self-indulgence and break away from worldly desires and you will be able to make great contributions to your family, community and country.

It is our wish to assure the spread of education among all African People as much as among our own subjects.

A father should bequeath not only wealth but also provide proper education. Education has value when it is established in individuals of good character with respect to God. We wish that your destiny shall be embraced in an education firmly based in good character before men and respect before God.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2009 10:46:33 PM

Yaa, the I said,
------------------------------
why not tell the youths you are advising what happened with ur trod, and how u walk now... and then give them the option as to whether or not they like your track, and the path u've gone along... before dishing out suggestions and methods for the best way of getting there.
------------------------------

I didn't Iverstand the fullness of your statement when I first read it.

The I is showing that a One should say what they experienced on their path and where it led them to, before telling people to go on the same path, because after hearing the story they might not want to go that way.

Seen.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/17/2009 2:33:37 PM

Yaa Asantewa

who are you, matter of fact, your right i am a A-hole.

my life has nothing to do with people taking one teaching and saying it is not good anuff. who are you and what do you know about me that would give you the heart to call me out like that.

bob said it best

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2009 5:34:04 PM

poor Bob

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/17/2009 5:45:34 PM

that is crazy.

bob is not poor bob is past on.

" Vindictive"

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2009 6:33:24 PM

lol dont you evr get tired of being ignorant? it must be quiet a taxing thing to do......or am i wrong, does it come easy and natural to you?

Yes. poor Bob.

All he ever did and spoke was the good and right, but all my life i have seen people use his words for their own ignorant and corrupt intentions when they dont know the first thing about what he is speaking of.

lol, why do you think i sistren Ten is shaking her head

"bob is not poor bob is past on"?????????????????
and i am the crazy one??? lol

oh well, as i was told just recently, common sense is not as common as we might think.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I